Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
    I have fun spotting actors I know from other BBC productions.
    You could realy do the same for almost any Syfy Channel B movie and the number of Stargate actors in it.

Drinking game rules:

Spot a Stargate actor and take a sip.

Take two sips if you can name his/her character from Stargate.

Finish drink if you can name an episode of Stargate they appeared in.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      (Wo)Man caves are important!
      Yup!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Yes yes yes. OMG, yes. And a chef's kitchen. And granite/stainless steel in the kitchen. Plus, they look at a house built in the 90's and go "ewww, it's so dated". Or I really love the ones on "Love It or List It" who live in a piece of crap house I wouldn't set foot in, but they complain about the houses they are shown that are a thousand times nicer.
      OMG yes! Some of these people have the WORST taste.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      You could realy do the same for almost any Syfy Channel B movie and the number of Stargate actors in it.

Drinking game rules:

Finish off the bottle if they were in the main cast.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Drinking game rules:

You could do one for other science fiction shows.
        sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Yes yes yes. OMG, yes. And a chef's kitchen. And granite/stainless steel in the kitchen. Plus, they look at a house built in the 90's and go "ewww, it's so dated". Or I really love the ones on "Love It or List It" who live in a piece of crap house I wouldn't set foot in, but they complain about the houses they are shown that are a thousand times nicer.
          I've seen a few who wanted a very up to date kitchen - chef's stove, stainless steel appliances, granite counter top.... and then they say they don't cook.

I can't watch Love It Or List It. I know that all these shows are scripted, but that one is just so blatantly obvious in its scripting that I can't stand it.

Don't get me started on the "man cave" nonsense. So the guy gets a room just for him... but I bet you the woman has to clean it.

Comment

We should write a story where one of these people visit Atlantis for a potential new house and see them pick it apart.

"There's almost no natural light in this place."

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I've seen a few who wanted a very up to date kitchen - chef's stove, stainless steel appliances, granite counter top.... and then they say they don't cook.

I can't watch Love It Or List It. I know that all these shows are scripted, but that one is just so blatantly obvious in its scripting that I can't stand it.

Don't get me started on the "man cave" nonsense. So the guy gets a room just for him... but I bet you the woman has to clean it.
              Yeah, I've given up on LIoLI. What makes me headdesk is when they are renovating, run into *gasp* major problems in a 100 year old house, have to seriously cut back but don't think to trade that $5000 stove for a GE. I mean, really?

I just watch them to see the houses in various places. And to get to say to Mr. SR when he gets home…"You won't believe the house you can get for $300K in Xville." while we pay taxes in one of the highest cost of living areas in the country.

We should write a story where one of these people visit Atlantis for a potential new house and see them pick it apart.

Oooh, natural light. Drink! And the people are almost always so unlikeable, if not downright hateful.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yeah, I've given up on LIoLI. What makes me headdesk is when they are renovating, run into *gasp* major problems in a 100 year old house, have to seriously cut back but don't think to trade that $5000 stove for a GE. I mean, really?
                Yeah, and then they'll go off by themselves and complain that they don't know if the woman is understanding them. The same thing they'll do after the second house that is shown.

I just watch them to see the houses in various places. And to get to say to Mr. SR when he gets home…"You won't believe the house you can get for $300K in Xville." while we pay taxes in one of the highest cost of living areas in the country.?
                Yeah, I hear that. It always astounds me when it's houses in a state like Georgia, where you can get so much more for your money than you can in New England. Then on the other hand, there are some cities where I can't believe how much the houses cost. Some of the places in Canada, in particular, really surprise me by how much they cost.

Oooh, natural light. Drink! And the people are almost always so unlikeable, if not downright hateful.
                Yes. And some of the couples.... you just KNOW they're going to divorce some day.

Couple visiting Atlantis - "There's no grass!"

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*snorts* They'd probably really start whining about the kitchen situation in Atlantis, then.

Yes. And some of the couples.... you just KNOW they're going to divorce some day.

OMG, I can just see it now, "There's no place for the kids to hang out, there's no good schools, there's no good shopping, blah blah blah."
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yeah, I hear that. It always astounds me when it's houses in a state like Georgia, where you can get so much more for your money than you can in New England. Then on the other hand, there are some cities where I can't believe how much the houses cost. Some of the places in Canada, in particular, really surprise me by how much they cost.
                    There's one called Love It or List It Too that is set in Vancouver. The homes there are ridiculously overpriced. There was an absolute dump that was worth over $800K.

You can spot those a mile away. I remember one when the hubby was trying to tell the wife that they couldn't afford the house she wanted and she said "Well, that's your problem." Unbelievable.

But there is a lovely open concept entrance. All that water, though, could be a problem.

I forgot to address the man cave issue. Mr. SR's man cave is SR Jr's former room, and SR Jr's man cave apparently involves their entire basement. I don't know if Mrs. SR Jr ever even goes down there since he does the laundry. Yes, folks, my boy is a good husband.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Would I ever have the money to buy my own place, and would there ever be a mrs/partner, they would not be allowed in my woman cave (unless otherwise stated) -- and I'll clean it myself too.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Finish off the bottle if they were in the main cast.
                        Works for me.

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        You could do one for other science fiction shows.
                        Very true. Scifi actors just show up everywhere. Don't they?

Someone write a fic based on this please. I can just see McKay going off on them for their complaining about the city.

Comment

Copter has some family coming in for a visit and so the challenge has been extended. Entries are due noon your time Mon Aug 18th.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Someone write a fic based on this please. I can just see McKay going off on them for their complaining about the city.
                            Seconding this! That'd be one zany crackfic!

Comment

Scifi actors just show up everywhere. Don't they?
                              Not all of them do...
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Not all of them do...
                                Sad but true.

Comment

Working...
                                X