Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT:
    Spoiler:
    I just started watching "Cedar Cove" on Netflix, which airs on the Hallmark Channel. So far I've spotted at least three actors that have either been regulars or guested on various SG shows. Although this could be because Carl Binder is one of the producers.

I fell in love with the lead actor who, as it turns out, played John's brother in "Outcast"
    Spoiler:
    who looks great with slightly greying hair and a scruffy beard
    Spoiler:
    hint hint for Future!John
    and is a newspaper writer (one of my dream jobs). Nice little show.

Mostly recovered from the sunburn, thank goodness. Hoping that a fic idea that's been rolling around in my mind for a few days might actually make it onto paper.
    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 13 July 2014, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zbir View Post
      No, I thank YOU!
      I figured out that you were involved into the project, but did you do [some of the] the actual writing?

Edit after SK's post: Wait! How many of my Sparky friends were involved in this?
      It ended or it continues to being written? [nevermind, I have my answer; but in my perfect world this should be the "official" book]

And good luck with the house, SK! [I have to catch up with the thread, to see what is going on ]
      I wrote the episode titled "To Build A Fire" but mostly I just did editing.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      OT:
      Spoiler:
      I just started watching "Cedar Cove" on Netflix, which airs on the Hallmark Channel. So far I've spotted at least three actors that have either been regulars or guested on various SG shows. Although this could be because Carl Binder is one of the producers.

I fell in love with the lead actor who, as it turns out, played John's brother in "Outcast"
      Spoiler:
      who looks great with slightly greying hair and a scruffy beard
      Spoiler:
      hint hint for Future!John
      and is a newspaper writer (one of my dream jobs). Nice little show.

Mostly recovered from the sunburn, thank goodness. Hoping that a fic idea that's been rolling around in my mind for a few days might actually make it onto paper.
      I watched that show when it aired and love it. Such a nice little family show. I hope it's coming back for another season.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello my fellow sparkyians, I know its been so long time. Everyday I miss Atlantis so much, it hurts so much if I were to watch the show all over again, I rather not to. But I do know sparky lives on in our sga fandom Anyway speaking of fanfictions why is there lack of latest sparky fics on fanfiction.net, I kept checking, almost daily but not much any of new updates nor new stories either, same with Command Dynamics fansite due to lack of updating its site and search database that needs its fixing and barely find any fics that are recent published. I feel so major deprived of sparky fics.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I wrote the episode titled "To Build A Fire" but mostly I just did editing.
          My contribution can pretty much be summed up by....

Gateraid: What? This is stupid. Write better!
          Writers: Huh? Have you been reading Legacy again? At-lan-tis Riiiii-sing. Got it?
          Gateraid:Wow. Luuuuvvvvvvviiiiiiing it
          Writers: You're an idiot
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Writers: Huh? Have you been reading Legacy again? At-lan-tis Riiiii-sing. Got it?
            Don't sell yourself short. Your constant nagging input was very valuable with giving us the male perspective and all.

My biggest contribution was applying the big red pencil of doom to everybody's carefully thought out prose and at least one writer's obsessive need to sprinkle her work liberally with dashes and commas. My fingers sometimes twitch in my sleep trying to type out "comma needed and comma not needed." *snort*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zangetsu-san View Post
              Hello my fellow sparkyians, I know its been so long time. Everyday I miss Atlantis so much, it hurts so much if I were to watch the show all over again, I rather not to. But I do know sparky lives on in our sga fandom Anyway speaking of fanfictions why is there lack of latest sparky fics on fanfiction.net, I kept checking, almost daily but not much any of new updates nor new stories either, same with Command Dynamics fansite due to lack of updating its site and search database that needs its fixing and barely find any fics that are recent published. I feel so major deprived of sparky fics.
              Nice to see you! I think the main reason is that people tend to lose interest when a show no longer airs. True, we're still very active in this thread, but for other Sparky shippers who may only write stories and don't know or visit this place, it has been 5 years since the show ended, and even longer since Sparky was on screen together.

As for the rest of us, busy lives and other priorities have to come first. But hang around -- every once in a while, someone posts a drabble or something.

Don't sell yourself short. Your constant nagging input was very valuable with giving us the male perspective and all.

My biggest contribution was applying the big red pencil of doom to everybody's carefully thought out prose and at least one writer's obsessive need to sprinkle her work liberally with dashes and commas. My fingers sometimes twitch in my sleep trying to type out "comma needed and comma not needed." *snort*
              So do I take this to mean that any innuendo in the stories comes from gateraid?

Comment

Nice to see you! I think the main reason is that people tend to lose interest when a show no longer airs. True, we're still very active in this thread, but for other Sparky shippers who may only write stories and don't know or visit this place, it has been 5 years since the show ended, and even longer since Sparky was on screen together.

As for the rest of us, busy lives and other priorities have to come first. But hang around -- every once in a while, someone posts a drabble or something.

Hmmm, I never thought about that. Actually, at times he showed remarkable restraint in keeping all us women in line. He was always the perfect gentleman.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Oh, you.

I hope that wasn't me!

True on all of that. And even with those who are still active in the social media side of fandom, there's been a shift in the places where people congregate. It's moved away from sites like LiveJournal and even Twitter to an extent, and toward sites like Tumblr.

Hmmm, I never thought about that. Actually, at times he showed remarkable restraint in keeping all us women in line. He was always the perfect gentleman.
                  Indeed.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Talked to Copter and she said she would be late posting the challenge. She will get it up and posted as soon as she can.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

I hope that wasn't me!

She knows who she is.
                      sigpic

Comment

Challenge #38

This challenge is all about summertime, or wintertime, depending where in the world you live.

There are 4 'themes' to this challenge. 1. Weather 2. Places 3. Food 4. Music/Other

copter

raduzhok

FanGirl

JadedWraith
                        sigpic

Comment

A thought just occured to me -- where has Anuna gone?

Originally posted by Zangetsu-san View Post
                          Anyway speaking of fanfictions why is there lack of latest sparky fics on fanfiction.net, I kept checking, almost daily but not much any of new updates nor new stories either, same with Command Dynamics fansite due to lack of updating its site and search database that needs its fixing and barely find any fics that are recent published. I feel so major deprived of sparky fics.
                          You could also try AO3... I'm not up-to-date on Sparky-fic, but perhaps there's some new stuff you haven't read yet over there.

Mine can be summarized in 6 words:

"Can you please bring Kate back?"

Though I do remember I did some continuity checking...
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Challenge #39

This week for the challenge we are going to look to the 3 stars.....Star Trek, Star Wars and Star Gate. Pick your favorite and make some art! Anything goes! Favorite space ship, favorite character, favorite uniform, whatever you love best about it, show it off!

entries due to me Monday July 21st by noon your time.
                            sigpic

Comment

I totally read that in a Southern accent.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              True on all of that. And even with those who are still active in the social media side of fandom, there's been a shift in the places where people congregate. It's moved away from sites like LiveJournal and even Twitter to an extent, and toward sites like Tumblr.
                              True. I haven't been on LJ in ages and Tumblr is definitely where it's at nowadays if you want to sit on your computer for hours on end reblogging posts that you've already reblogged but are so awesome that you have to do it again.

Speaking of which:

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              A thought just occured to me -- where has Anuna gone?
                              Tumblr. She's on there all the time.

You could also try AO3... I'm not up-to-date on Sparky-fic, but perhaps there's some new stuff you haven't read yet over there.
                              I know there's a lot on there I haven't read yet...

Mine can be summarized in 6 words:

"Can you please bring Kate back?"

Though I do remember I did some continuity checking...
                              Hey, it's sci-fi. Anything can happen.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                              Challenge #39

This week for the challenge we are going to look to the 3 stars.....Star Trek, Star Wars and Star Gate. Pick your favorite and make some art! Anything goes! Favorite space ship, favorite character, favorite uniform, whatever you love best about it, show it off!

entries due to me Monday July 21st by noon your time.
                              Whoop whoop!

Comment

Oh, I forgot. I come bearing a present:

Spoiler:
                                I started on a list of 100 drabbles, but I'm limiting each of them to 100 words. All Sparky. Here's the first six!

1. Introduction.

The first time that she saw him, he was sitting in a chair that he shouldn't have been sitting in, much less actually known about. His eyes were widened, blinking in concern as personnel gathered around him.

She didn't know his name. She knew nothing about his dark background. If she were to tell him about herself and what she did, he probably wouldn't be that impressed. But as the map appeared over their heads and he stuttered in wonder how he did that, she knew that something was about to change. She smiled.

Elizabeth Weir had met John Sheppard.

2. Love.

Somewhere along the course of those first two years in Atlantis, his feelings for Elizabeth had changed. He still respected her. He admired her. He cared about her a lot. He would even call her a friend, despite their rocky beginning.

But somewhere along the way, it became apparent to him that he loved her. Years later, he would look back, thinking about the exact moment when he realized it. It was the second that he decided to break quarantine on the slim chance it might save her life. As the medics dragged him away, he nodded. Totally worth it.

3. Light.

It was still cloudy the morning after the storm. But about ten o'clock in the morning, the grey finally began to be replaced by blue skies. About half an hour later, the sun peaked through and spent the rest of the day shining on the city, warming it after its brutal encounter.

Elizabeth leaned on the railing of the balcony, closing her eyes, just basking in the glow of the sunlight. She felt someone come up next to her, inhaling deeply and sighing in a relaxed manner. John nodded. "It feels good out here."

She smiled. It definitely felt good.

4. Dark.

"Come on in," John heard Elizabeth say as the tall man entered her office, tapping the red and white cane in front of him. He knew from memory that the two chairs were – hopefully – still directly in front of her desk. One arm extended as he groped for it.

He heard a hiss from her, and he froze. "Did you move the chair?"

"No, it's still there. John, I'm so sorry. I had no idea that it was mace. I thought it was a flashlight. It was dark in there."

"Yeah, it's dark here too," he grimaced quietly.

5. Seeking Solace.

Colonel Carter walked away after delivering the bad news, and John stood, feet glued to the ground, unsure of where to go next. Part of him wanted to jump right through the Stargate, and an even larger part wanted to run around the perimeter of the city until he collapsed of exhaustion.

He chose the second.

But when he passed an all too familiar set of doors that hadn't been used in months, he stopped and made his way back, almost passing his hand over the sensor, until he remembered that no one would answer anymore.

So he left Elizabeth's room undisturbed.

6. Break Away

She didn't know how much more of this she could take.

A night's sleep had evaded her once again, leaving her staring at the ceiling as she considered her options. Some of them were bordering on illegal. She didn't know how it was possible to feel so much hatred and passion at the same time for one person.

She turned over in bed, tapping her husband on the shoulder. "John."

"Yeah," he replied, just as awake as she was.

"I can't do this anymore."

"Agreed."

From the cradle, Emma cried again.

Elizabeth sighed and got up. "I need a vacation."

Comment

Working...
                                X