Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Went to see that yesterday. Funny as all get out. That said, it was basically Firefly. See if you don't agree.
    Yes, it is indeed a lot like Firefly, and on that notion I'd much prefer Serenity than this. Lots of hype, but little to no delivery sadly. I was quite disappointed, to say the least. Dancing Groot, and Groot in general is the highlight. Rocket is fun too. I kept seeing Zoe as her Avatar character though, and a lot of others that set of bells in the back of my mind but couldn't place. And when I saw Alexis Denisof in the credits, I was like "WHA?!? Did not see him or recognize him at all."

Visual effects were stunning and some of the backdrops was very beautifully done, but they do not make for a great story sadly.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Yes, it is indeed a lot like Firefly, and on that notion I'd much prefer Serenity than this. Lots of hype, but little to no delivery sadly. I was quite disappointed, to say the least. Dancing Groot, and Groot in general is the highlight. Rocket is fun too. I kept seeing Zoe as her Avatar character though, and a lot of others that set of bells in the back of my mind but couldn't place. And when I saw Alexis Denisof in the credits, I was like "WHA?!? Did not see him or recognize him at all."

Visual effects were stunning and some of the backdrops was very beautifully done, but they do not make for a great story sadly.
      I totally missed Alexis too! What character did he play? Wait.... was he one of the guards in the prison?

Comment

He plays Thanos's goon.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hence the reason you wouldn't be able to recognize him.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

We found it enjoyable for what it was. There were lots of kids there, and I noticed that they laughed at some parts and the adults laughed at other parts. It was fun entertainment for a rainy day for us. I liked Rocket but at times found him a bit OTT. Totally missed Alexis also. It helped to ignore the "story" or lack thereof and just go with the jokes. Groot will forever be our fave. Oh, and lets not forget the music. Well except for that dang Pina Colada song.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Oh, and lets not forget the music. Well except for that dang Pina Colada song.
              LOL! I heard the girl sitting next to me, sing it to her boyfriend when we were leaving. He didn't seem to enjoy it.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I LOVED Guardians of the Galaxy! I've never really been into the "cosmic" side of the Marvel universe, so that's saying a lot right there. The story is
                Spoiler:
                part of the set up for a coming "Thanos gets the Infinity Stones and tries to take over the universe" showdown (probably Avengers 3, and likely involving a teamup between the Avengers and the Guardians)
                and with that in mind, I was able to sit back and just enjoy the ride. Quill was funny, Drax was okay, I wish we could've learned more about Gamora (I guess we'll see more in GotG 2), but Groot and Rocket are my faves, and I want a dancing Groot!

BTW, Alexis Denisof first played The Other (Thanos's minion) in The Avengers.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'll sit back and relax in my couch at home for the next one.

Comment

I had a lot of fun watching Guardians of the Galaxy. The story was pretty basic, but I thought it was executed well enough. The colorful cast of characters was really what stood out. I really liked the space action, I'm, kind of a sucker for space action.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Dancing Groot... that's all. And he shall be forever more connected to the Jackson Five's I Want You Back

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello everybody!

No it's not a ghost!

I didn't forget you but the real life....busy, busy, busy

I watched some episodes yesterday and my love for John and Elizabeth is back.
                          Even if this love was always here.

I will try to post more.

And sorry, I forgot my english grrr
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

*GASP*

PROBIE !!!!!!!!

*LEMMING BOUNCE*

You're alive!!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Hello everybody!

No it's not a ghost!

I didn't forget you but the real life....busy, busy, busy

I watched some episodes yesterday and my love for John and Elizabeth is back.
                              Even if this love was always here.

I will try to post more.

And sorry, I forgot my english grrr
                              Probie!!! *Tackle hugs*

Welcome back!!!

How have you been?
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

PROBIE!!!

Good to see you again! Hope things have been going well for you!

Comment

Working...
                                X