No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do u mean Joe F fought for better stuff for sheppard what did u mean by that?

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      *'I would've loved you anyway' by Trisha Yearwood
      *hearts this song*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      On one of SK's points--my dislike of GITM isn't because of it being secondary as a) the ending and b) it being wrapped up in the whole downsize Elizabeth fiasco.
      I think Eri here accurately pointed out the pros and cons of each episodes. I, personally, have a love/hate relationship with that one. It didn't end Elizabeth's story and I hated what they did to her. On the other hand, it showdd more emotion from John.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      And she's also said that she would be willing to come back, if she thought the story was good.
      Exactly. And I think we have a lot of support in this idea. Dare I say that I might post osmething on Joe M's blog if the first SGA movie does well. I still think it could happen. Especially if Skiffy gets letters. I just don't think that they think there's much demand for it. Actually it's more likely now that BW and RCC are doing SGU that this could happen. But that's a different subject matter.

Comment

Great job on the song/pic fics Regularamanda! *cries at the wonderful angst*

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
        Regularamanda - great songfic! Thank you!

And re: the Elizabeth recast question. I have this annoying habit of cementing the actor/actress to the character. Don't get me wrong, I don't get confused on RL versus fiction , it's just that I get attached both to the character and to the actor/actress who portrays that character. And, while I very much respected MM's portrayal of Elizabeth in GiTM (even tho the ending SUCKED), I would have a hard time watching her in the movie. If it was MM instead of TH in the movie, I guess I would probably watch it, but it would be so bittersweet for me the whole time.

I want to see Torri, who invested so much of her time, talent and energy in the role get the reward of a happy and satisfying conclusion to Elizabeth's storyline. Selfish, I know, but honest.

Of course, this would assume that TPTW actually came up with a happy and satisfying conclusion to Elizabeth's storyline......
        Yeah, I definitely agree with this. I would/will watch the movie too, because of the love I do still have for this show, and I would be so glad if Elizabeth came back at all, but like you said it would definitely be bittersweet. The whole time I would probably be thinking 'this isn't right, that's not Elizabeth, this just isn't right, it's not the same'. I would force myself to be content with it if MM came back as Franibeth (even though don't get me wrong I think she did a good job in GITM) because I'm probably really desperate for some shred of an actual visible 'good' ending to this story (tons of Sparky angst and having to deal with the change in situation would be so awesome to watch!)

It's nice to see everyone's opinion on the Elizabeth situation. Though, as pointed out, I'm 99% sure it won't happen, it's still good to see how people feel about it.

On one of SK's points--my dislike of GITM isn't because of it being secondary as a) the ending and b) it being wrapped up in the whole downsize Elizabeth fiasco. But I will acknowledge that Torri turned down GITM before MM was cast, which doesn't make it secondary for me. That doesn't mean that I forgive the decision to axe Elizabeth--I will forever blame TPTB for that--but I do acknowledge it wasn't as though they skipped Torri completely. She did turn it down and I do not blame her. But I appreciate GITM's being there because I do believe it gave us an even stronger argument for John's feelings. Had we not had GITM, we would not have had Joe's wonderful emotional reactions, or the "what if one of them wanted to stay" line. If I have to deal with Elizabeth gone in canon, then in return in canon I am forever grateful for that.

I popped in to say 'bye bye!' I'm off to London and leaving in about three hours or so. I don't know if I'll be online--I might, I might not, but I wanted to say bye anyways, just in case. Have a great couple of weeks, Sparkies!!
        Yep. John's reactions are what makes that episode for me. I am glad we have that at least.
        And have fun in London! Bye! *waves*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Ooooo Eri, I'll miss you a lot! (when are you coming back?) Have a great time! *huggles*

Now, I agree completely about GitM. The episode ended horribly and it just doesn't feel like end of Elizabeth's storyline because everything is still out there, hanging in vacuum, just like her. With a little (or a lot) of good will, it can be rectified.

But GitM did give us some wonderful things indeed. Pictures say more than words, so:

Ahhh! Oh, so sad! His face, his face! Poor John! That is a wonderful thing indeed.
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Okay, we had to write a sonnet for Literature class, and of course the only thing I could think to write about was something Sparky. So here it is (or the link to it anyway, if we're being specific).

http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...1504&chapter=1

Please tell me what you think of my little dabble in poetry.
          Last edited by Erin87; 07 April 2009, 02:57 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Indeed. We need an answer. After all the ways they've jerked us around, we've more than earned an honest answer for once. But with all the crazy twists and turns they've thrown into the story, I really don't know if it's possible to finish it effectively without Torri's involvement. Heck, it may not be possible even if Torri is involved; a 90-minute movie doesn't seem like enough time to answer all the unanswered questions. There's always going to be some shred of doubt in the back of our minds, asking 'was it really her or just another duplicate like all the ones before?' and not getting enough proof to be certain of the answer.

Of course, if they pull a rabbit out of their hats
            Spoiler:
            and do some sort of surprise bonus scene at the end of the closing credits (like we've seen with the Pirates of the Caribbean movies) where we find out that the real Elizabeth ascended... all bets are off.
            After credits is ok, but it was worng with PotC, cause it was the actual ending and so half the world missed it. But if your spoiler becomes a reality? Hell yeah bets are off, I'll be looking for more!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
            I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
            Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

It's nice to see everyone's opinion on the Elizabeth situation. Though, as pointed out, I'm 99% sure it won't happen, it's still good to see how people feel about it.

On one of SK's points--my dislike of GITM isn't because of it being secondary as a) the ending and b) it being wrapped up in the whole downsize Elizabeth fiasco. But I will acknowledge that Torri turned down GITM before MM was cast, which doesn't make it secondary for me. That doesn't mean that I forgive the decision to axe Elizabeth--I will forever blame TPTB for that--but I do acknowledge it wasn't as though they skipped Torri completely. She did turn it down and I do not blame her. But I appreciate GITM's being there because I do believe it gave us an even stronger argument for John's feelings. Had we not had GITM, we would not have had Joe's wonderful emotional reactions, or the "what if one of them wanted to stay" line. If I have to deal with Elizabeth gone in canon, then in return in canon I am forever grateful for that.

I popped in to say 'bye bye!' I'm off to London and leaving in about three hours or so. I don't know if I'll be online--I might, I might not, but I wanted to say bye anyways, just in case. Have a great couple of weeks, Sparkies!!
              Have a great time in London Eri!! We'll miss you

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                I think Eri here accurately pointed out the pros and cons of each episodes. I, personally, have a love/hate relationship with that one. It didn't end Elizabeth's story and I hated what they did to her. On the other hand, it showdd more emotion from John.
                You've summed up my feelings on GitM perfectly.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                Exactly. And I think we have a lot of support in this idea. Dare I say that I might post osmething on Joe M's blog if the first SGA movie does well. I still think it could happen. Especially if Skiffy gets letters. I just don't think that they think there's much demand for it. Actually it's more likely now that BW and RCC are doing SGU that this could happen. But that's a different subject matter.
                And that's just it. They don't get it. They're so fixated on the shiny new toy that they've fallen out of touch with what the audience really wants.

But why wait until the SGA movie comes out? I say we start hitting them now.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                  Okay, we had to write a sonnet for Literature class, and of course the only thing I could think to write about was something Sparky. So here it is (or the link to it anyway, if we're being specific).

Wow! It's awesome, hopeful and yet so sad at the end. *sniffles*
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And that's just it. They don't get it. They're so fixated on the shiny new toy that they've fallen out of touch with what the audience really wants.

But why wait until the SGA movie comes out? I say we start hitting them now.
                    I definitely agree with that. It's all SGU, SGU, SGU with an occasional SG-1. They've forgotten that Atlantis has fans too. (as shown by the irritating lack of merchandise on the official store website. why, why don't you get that key art t-shirt back in stock?! it's not fair! )

And yeah! Lets start that campaign!
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow! It's awesome, hopeful and yet so sad at the end. *sniffles*
                      Thanks very much! It made me sniffle too and I'm the one who wrote it!
                      sigpic

Comment

I definitely agree with that. It's all SGU, SGU, SGU with an occasional SG-1. They've forgotten that Atlantis has fans too. (as shown by the irritating lack of merchandise on the official store website. why, why don't you get that key art t-shirt back in stock?! it's not fair! )

And yeah! Lets start that campaign!
                        Yeah, if you're not looking for the novels or action figures, you pretty much have to go to eBay to find any good SGA merchandise. Argh.

Comment

Thanks very much! It made me sniffle too and I'm the one who wrote it!
                          *huggles and sniffles* Just in time for Angst!Day tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                            Here's another pic song...Sparky angst!

<snip>

*'I would've loved you anyway' by Trisha Yearwood
                            That is one of my all time favorite songs and it fits perfectly.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            what do u mean Joe F fought for better stuff for sheppard what did u mean by that?
                            JF has said many times that he was always going to TPTB and complaining about how his character was written, asking things to be changed because he thought Sheppard wouldn't do that, etc. He fought to have something included that showed he was still looking for Elizabeth which we believe resulted in the scene with Carter in Reunion when he talks about wanting to go look for her.

More than a dabble. Very good poetry.

I haven't been able to get on here all afternoon and I'm sorry I missed most of the GitM discussion but you guys covered it all. If we had not have gotten that episode, things with Sparky would have ended quite differently, more up in the air. The outpouring of sympathy for John from viewers who were not shippers just said it all. That was truly one of the most squeeable moments we've had. I think if it had been Torri, we wouldn't have survived it. But I would like to have had the chance. Not that all is said and done, I'm not happy with the way it ended but I sure am more satisfied than I ever expected to be. If that makes sense.

Now I heard this song and if this doesn't say Sparky, nothing does.

What I'd Give
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              That is one of my all time favorite songs and it fits perfectly.

JF has said many times that he was always going to TPTB and complaining about how his character was written, asking things to be changed because he thought Sheppard wouldn't do that, etc. He fought to have something included that showed he was still looking for Elizabeth which we believe resulted in the scene with Carter in Reunion when he talks about wanting to go look for her.

I haven't been able to get on here all afternoon and I'm sorry I missed most of the GitM discussion but you guys covered it all. If we had not have gotten that episode, things with Sparky would have ended quite differently, more up in the air. The outpouring of sympathy for John from viewers who were not shippers just said it all. That was truly one of the most squeeable moments we've had. I think if it had been Torri, we wouldn't have survived it. But I would like to have had the chance. Not that all is said and done, I'm not happy with the way it ended but I sure am more satisfied than I ever expected to be. If that makes sense.

Now I heard this song and if this doesn't say Sparky, nothing does.

What I'd Give
                              thanks!

Alright the next time I do a picsong it will be to that song! *sniff*

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                              Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                              Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*huggles and sniffles* Just in time for Angst!Day tomorrow!
                                Yay, Angst!Day!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Glad you liked it.

That makes a whole lot of sense. I think I feel at least partially the same way. And when you say we wouldn't have survived it if it had been Torri, do you mean we would have died from all the sheer squeeing?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X