Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I did think though that who says they left her behind. A lot of things seem to happen off screen in this show. *coughKanaancough* So who's to say they haven't already rescued Elizabeth and have her stashed in a secret lab somewhere or in stasis? Rodney, Jennifer and Carson plus maybe Radek have been working on fixing her, making her a real body etc. I think it would be neat if somehow John doesn't know yet and the movie starts something like this:

Spoiler:
    After each member of the team had slowly wandered away, Ronon back to the infirmary with Amelia and Carson's help, Teyla to join her family in their quarters and Woolsey to his office to answer calls from the IOA, John Sheppard continued to lean on the balcony railing. He was no longer looking at the amazing scene before him but was staring at some indeterminable spot in the distance, his hazel eyes slightly out of focus.

"Sheppard." Rodney Mckay took a step closer but still getting no response, poked the other man with one finger. "Earth to Sheppard."

John stirred slightly and spoke without turning his head. "What is it McKay?"

"I..uh.." Rodney cleared his throat of the nervous lump that had formed. "That is...I need you to come with me. There's something you need to see."

John straightened and focused on the scientist who was now taking small steps away from him and twisting his hands. John knew all the signs.

"What have you done, McKay?"

No answer, just more shuffling and a few attempts to speak.

A speechless Rodney McKay was never a good sign.

"Something tells me I'm not going to like this." John pushed off from the railing. "Let's get it over with."

Walking backwards down the corridor, McKay thought about the surprise that was waiting and found his voice. "Oh, I think you'll like it. But you may kill me anyway."

"McKay!"

Or Carson calls John on his radio and says "she's awake". Picture how fast John would head down there. But I haven't thought past that point. Obviously something exciting has to happen. I love the idea that they steal Atlantis (grand theft cityship) and fly it back to Pegasus.
    Oh! I love this. It's perfect. And so in the SGA spirit. Good SGA.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    When it comes to Weir (and Sheppard and Sparky), there is no such thing as overkill.
    Hee, that's right. Now, dumping Elizabeth, killing Carson, adding in Missy and a slew of SG-1 characters? That's overkill.

Though honestly I have no idea where to begin.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
      Bugger... maybe Rodney got busy and built another one
      *snickers* I wonder where Rodney finds the time to sleep with all the side projects he's working on in addition to going off-world all the time with Shep, Ronon and Teyla.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Hee, that's right. Now, dumping Elizabeth, killing Carson, adding in Missy and a slew of SG-1 characters? That's overkill.
      In more ways than one...

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Though honestly I have no idea where to begin.
      Letters and emails to MGM, SciFi, Bridge, even to some of the science fiction genre magazines like Starburst (or hell, the official Stargate mag) to get printed in a coming issue. The usual suspects.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And for today's most wonderful ANGST Day

I give you the partially completed next (and final) chapter of 'This Not So Mortal Coil)

Spoiler:

The city shuddered beneath John’s feet as he sprinted towards the infirmary, a trail of medics and military personnel on his tail as he ran. It took far to long in his opinion to get there and as he did he laid Elizabeth out on the first available bed whilst Dr Keller hurried to get the scanner hooked up and in position.

“ Carter to Sheppard, the shield’s weakening, looks like they’re adapting, I don’t know how long its gonna last” Her voice was calm but conveyed a sense of urgency John had rarely heard from her before. So much was riding on Elizabeth, for an instant he thought it may be too much.

The scanner hummed to live, descending slowly along Elizabeth’s body and displaying the detailed images on a nearby computer screen. Slowly but surely the Nanites within Elizabeth’s body were rebuilding her brain as well as the other parts of her body they had used themselves to repair previously, this time they were creating organic components, components that couldn’t be harmed by the virus that would kick in at any tick of the clock.

“ How is she Doc?” Sheppard asked anxiously, hating the fact that seeing Elizabeth pale and unconscious reminded him of when the nanites tried to overtake her body the first time around. How long ago had that been now? It felt like a lifetime but he pinned the exact number to the day in his mind. If this worked, he would have Elizabeth back as whole as she had been before Niam had attacked her. Still, he couldn’t get his hopes up just yet, they’d been dashed before.

“ The nanites are rebuilding her brain as we speak, it’ll take some time before she’s conscious though” Keller announced from her position in front of the monitor. She looked at another monitor which displayed Elizabeth’s vital signs, they fluctuated as her body dealt with the changes being made, her blood pressure and neural activity spiking periodically.

The next blast nearly through them off their feet, the impact far worse than anything they had felt so far. The shield had been breached and soon Replicators would flood the city in their search for Elizabeth.

“ Shield have collapsed, all personnel report to defensive positions” Carter’s clear voice rang through the corridors, causing a stir of activity. Weapons were drawn and checked, scientists barrackeded themselves in their labs, and the infirmary prepared itself to the usual inundation of patients that usually came from the cities defences being breached. John however stepped forward.

“ Clear the room of all but essential personnel, set up your triage in the Mess Hall” he ordered, causing a worried look from Keller.

“ We can’t just up and leave, there are patients here who need…” She started, only to be cut off by Colonel Sheppard.

“ They’re here for Elizabeth, the more people in the way, the more people will get hurt” John replied, his tone low and lethal.

“ Sam, the way to get out of this with the least amount of bloodshed is to let them into the city, and clear a path to the Infirmary, they’re after Elizabeth first up” John explained through his earpiece to Sam, who clung to her consol as the city trembled beneath her feet.

“ Are you saying we LET them have her?” Sam questioned, her tone uncertain as chaos reigned supreme in the control room.

“ It’s the only way to get out of this with the city and most of us intact” John replied quickly, steadying himself on Elizabeth’s bed as the deck bucked.

“ Alright… I hope you’re right on this John” Sam signed off and sent another announcement through the military personnel’s com pieces advising them of the change. They were not to approach the Replicators unless they were directly being threatened.

Before long a small army of Replicators emerged into the corridors of Atlantis, only to find the majority of the expedition nowhere to be seen, or if they were around, non-confrontational. It didn’t take them long to narrow the location of the one who had escaped and to close in her position.

Sickbay was all but deserted when the small number of Replicators cautiously entered, carefully looking for any traps or hidden attacks that might be sprung upon them. John stood alone beside Elizabeth, his ARG lowered but his finger still on the trigger.

“ We have come for her” The lead Replicator announced without emotion.

“ I know” John replied, his weapon still lowered.

They advanced until the lead Replicator was level with Elizabeth’s bed, opposite John and regarding them both carefully. This lack of confrontation confused them greatly, they had anticipated much resistance.

His hand raised and approached Elizabeth’s forehead, causing John to raise his weapon.

“ I won’t let you take her” He threatened, his voice barely above a whisper in the silence.

“ She is one of us, and will be returned to us” The Replicator intoned, as though he were explaining the complexities of the colour grey to someone who was colourblind.

“ Like hell she will be” John retorted, his finger itching to pull the trigger. He knew at this critical juncture the Replicators mustn’t catch on to the ruse, if they did, all would be lost. He deliberately stepped forward in front of the nearest Replicator, a stupid move that no military officer worth his stripes would ever do but knowing he had to keep the ruse going. As predicted they retaliated, sending him reeling into the bed next to Elizabeth’s. The impact left him groggy and disorientated, unable to control his own movements as the sound of screaming hammered his ears.
        Not just any screaming… Elizabeths.

Comment

ZOMG! Lizzie!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ooooh, that sounds like wicked fun!
            Midway Station is gone, though, it got blown up in the second half of Season 4.

Poor Lizzie, having to watch helplessly as the Athosians are taken away! *huggles Lizzie*

*melts at the mental image of a scantily-clad-in-rags Lizzie trying not to cry while being cuddled by John*
            What she said. More cuddling please.

ZOMG! Lizzie!
            I second this too. And manly John. All the essential elements of a good story.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello from New York again!! You guys sure were busy. Love it
              I have another 6 days to go here before I return to my every day live...
              But then I'll have time again to spend time here

Anyway, to answer some things that were discussed.
              I attend only one con every year and that's Fedcon in Germany. It started out as a purely Star Trek con, but now turned into a more general sci-fi con with actors from Star Trek, Stargate, BSG, Firefly, Buffy, ...
              Although Fedcon is one of the largest European cons, everyone gets a chance to talk to the actors or get photo ops. Q&A's have free questions, you just step up to the microphone and ask what you like (most people behave).
              The fun thing is that if you stay in the con-hotel, the chance that you step into the elevator with an actor, or into the gym, or into the pool is actually quite big. (I've honestly lost count on all the actors I shared an elevator ride with ) Also some actors join the parties which is a lot of fun too... especially if they get drunk

I would watch the SGA movie even without Torri in it. If only to show my support to the rest of the cast and especially to Joe who kept Sparky alive in the last 2 seasons. Of course I would prefer it so much more if the Elizabeth/Franibeth arc got a decent ending (preferably with Torri) and that there was a hint of Sparky (not overly done, cause tptb/tptw suck at overly romantic stuff). Like someone said, just a final scene with them standing on the balcony, barely a hair of space between them. Then John gently takes her hand, they share a warm smile and look out over their city. The End. Would be perfect and not overly romantic/cheesy.

Oh yes, Yunadax, I love the latest part!! Can't wait to read what happens next!

That's about it for now... I think... Bit tired after partying almost non-stop since last Thursday

cu guys later!
              *huggles everyone*

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                Hello from New York again!! You guys sure were busy. Love it
                I have another 6 days to go here before I return to my every day live...
                But then I'll have time again to spend time here

Anyway, to answer some things that were discussed.
                I attend only one con every year and that's Fedcon in Germany. It started out as a purely Star Trek con, but now turned into a more general sci-fi con with actors from Star Trek, Stargate, BSG, Firefly, Buffy, ...
                Although Fedcon is one of the largest European cons, everyone gets a chance to talk to the actors or get photo ops. Q&A's have free questions, you just step up to the microphone and ask what you like (most people behave).
                The fun thing is that if you stay in the con-hotel, the chance that you step into the elevator with an actor, or into the gym, or into the pool is actually quite big. (I've honestly lost count on all the actors I shared an elevator ride with ) Also some actors join the parties which is a lot of fun too... especially if they get drunk

I would watch the SGA movie even without Torri in it. If only to show my support to the rest of the cast and especially to Joe who kept Sparky alive in the last 2 seasons. Of course I would prefer it so much more if the Elizabeth/Franibeth arc got a decent ending (preferably with Torri) and that there was a hint of Sparky (not overly done, cause tptb/tptw suck at overly romantic stuff). Like someone said, just a final scene with them standing on the balcony, barely a hair of space between them. Then John gently takes her hand, they share a warm smile and look out over their city. The End. Would be perfect and not overly romantic/cheesy.

Oh yes, Yunadax, I love the latest part!! Can't wait to read what happens next!

That's about it for now... I think... Bit tired after partying almost non-stop since last Thursday

cu guys later!
                *huggles everyone*
                I hope you are enjoying NYC. We miss you here.

And I've often said that the series should have ended as the pilot ended with Sparky standing on the balcony and John promising to get into more trouble. Now if they want to end the movie that way, it would be perfect indeed.
                sigpic

Comment

As some of you may know, I've been working on a Sparky-centric 'get Elizabeth back' fic. The story premise has evolved a few times as new canon has come into play; first it started as an AU of Season 4, then of Season 5, and now I've finally got it locked down as a post-S5 fic. As a result, some of the tidbits I've already written have had to be cut as the story has changed, but I've kept them in an outtakes file just in case they became useful again.

So as an Angst-Day treat, I'd like to offer one of those outtake scenes, written as an alternate ending to Ghost in the Machine. Hope you like it.

Spoiler:
                  The past year had been filled with a tidal wave of upheaval and loss that would've dragged lesser souls under the surface and drowned them. The kind of people who now called the city of Atlantis home just kept picking themselves up and moving forward with their lives and their mission.

That wasn't to say that letting go of the past had been at all easy. If there was one truth that life in Pegasus kept teaching them, it was that the past had a way of coming back to twist the knife in their hearts when they least expected it.

John stared across the room, at what shouldn't—couldn't—be possible.

Elizabeth, of course, had always believed that anything was possible. And she was right. Again.

The body that stood before them looked nothing like her, of course. The stripped-down base code Rodney had used to program the nanites that created the Replicator he'd called FRAN did not include the ability to change form. This particular Replicator body, created from the same batch of nanites, was no different. Rodney had offered to reprogram the nanites, to give her the ability to take on her original appearance, but she'd flatly refused. Security concerns were the reason she'd cited, but John had known it was more than that.

"It's time to go," she whispered.

"Go? But—there has to be something—" Rodney flinched and fell silent at the look she shot at him.

Those eyes—like the rest of the body, not her own, yet her soul clearly shone out from them for anyone who truly knew her to see. A year ago, John had barely been able to forgive Rodney for going behind his back to turn the damn nanites back on and save her life. Now, seeing the torment spilling out from those eyes, the reminder of the price she had been forced to pay for Rodney's arrogant self-assuredness, filled him with renewed anger and remorse for his own role in what she had suffered. She deserved far better than the cursed half-life that she now endured. The only reason she'd tolerated it at all was because it allowed her to save the city and those she loved. Again.

"And what would you do, Rodney? What can any of you possibly do? I can never return to Earth. Not like this. And I would never be allowed to stay here, either. No, Rodney, you've done more than enough already." The voice, also not her own, nonetheless shivered with a hint of mingled anger and sadness that was unmistakably hers.

A chill went down John's spine. He never, ever wanted to know what had happened to her, what had been done to her, after he'd left her behind on Asuras. His nightmares about it were bad enough.

"Where—" Woosley stopped, and started again. "Where will you go?"

She shrugged, waving a hand toward the window. "Out there. Some place where another like Oberoth or Koracen can't use us or hurt us. Some place where we can be left alone. To heal, and to learn. I promised Lia and the others that I'd help them find the path to ascension, and I will not break that promise and abandon them now." She looked at him, head tilted in bemusement. "We're certainly not going to take over the city and kill you all, or some ridiculous thing like that."

"I—I didn't—"

Lips twisted in a wry smile. "Of course you did. One doesn’t have to read minds to know that you've been thinking it all along." She snorted delicately. "Hell, I'd probably think it if I was in your position right now."

"I'm sorry," Woolsey told her, and he looked like he truly meant it. She nodded her head in acknowledgment.

"Elizabeth," John breathed.

She turned to him, looked at him through those eyes that weren't hers, and her smile radiated a dazzling joy. A single, silvery tear slipped down her cheek, and then—

Light.

Golden mist rose as silver dust fell away, inert nanites crumbling to the floor as the soul trapped within finally set itself free. John's ears faintly registered the others' gasps of surprise and awe as Elizabeth stood before them, neither flesh and blood and bone nor composite metals held together by exotic electricity.

Elizabeth. Ascendant.

Haloed in that warm glow, Elizabeth's face gazed at him with a look he'd never seen before, save in his wildest and most impossible dreams.

She glowed ever brighter as she moved toward him, ghostly fingers of energy reaching out just as her physical hand would have, brushing his cheek, lingering over the wetness there. He raised his own hand toward her—stupid, he thought, when she no longer had a body he could touch—and lightly pressed his fingers against the solid yet not solid warmth of her cheek, where her tears shone like crystal drops in the light.

"Elizabeth—"

She smiled at him, shaking her head and moving her fingers across his lips.

He felt his heart clench at the knowing look in her luminescent green eyes. Realizing in a moment of clarity that this was his very last chance, he threw caution to the wind and lowered his head to hers, kissing her with a sudden intensity that both thrilled and frightened him. He felt a rush of warmth spread from where their lips joined, where her fingers had trailed back across his cheek and into his hair behind his ear, and through his whole body. The sensation felt similar to the "sharing" of thoughts and feelings that he'd experienced with Athar, but this was different. This was Elizabeth. And she was saying goodbye.

A desperation seized him, and he followed her lips, trying to hold on to the kiss, hold on to her, for just one more moment. Then she gently drew back. She was still smiling, but it was a little sadder now, as though she too didn’t want the moment to end. But it had to. It was time.

Elizabeth calmly walked to the Stargate. Only when she was right in front of the event horizon did she pause, turning to look at John.

~I love you.~

The semblance of human form dissolved into a glowing cloud that swirled toward the open gate and passed through the event horizon. The wormhole remained open for another moment, then shut down of its own accord. They all kept staring at the gate, long after the cool blue glare from the wormhole had faded from their eyes.

For days afterward, the faint scent of orchids hung in the air in the gateroom.

*sniffles*

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - sniffle sniffle. Can't form anything coherent to type and goes back to sobbing....

I did think though that who says they left her behind. A lot of things seem to happen off screen in this show. *coughKanaancough* So who's to say they haven't already rescued Elizabeth and have her stashed in a secret lab somewhere or in stasis? Rodney, Jennifer and Carson plus maybe Radek have been working on fixing her, making her a real body etc. I think it would be neat if somehow John doesn't know yet and the movie starts something like this:

Spoiler:
                  After each member of the team had slowly wandered away, Ronon back to the infirmary with Amelia and Carson's help, Teyla to join her family in their quarters and Woolsey to his office to answer calls from the IOA, John Sheppard continued to lean on the balcony railing. He was no longer looking at the amazing scene before him but was staring at some indeterminable spot in the distance, his hazel eyes slightly out of focus.

"Sheppard." Rodney Mckay took a step closer but still getting no response, poked the other man with one finger. "Earth to Sheppard."

John stirred slightly and spoke without turning his head. "What is it McKay?"

"I..uh.." Rodney cleared his throat of the nervous lump that had formed. "That is...I need you to come with me. There's something you need to see."

John straightened and focused on the scientist who was now taking small steps away from him and twisting his hands. John knew all the signs.

"What have you done, McKay?"

No answer, just more shuffling and a few attempts to speak.

A speechless Rodney McKay was never a good sign.

"Something tells me I'm not going to like this." John pushed off from the railing. "Let's get it over with."

Walking backwards down the corridor, McKay thought about the surprise that was waiting and found his voice. "Oh, I think you'll like it. But you may kill me anyway."

"McKay!"

Or Carson calls John on his radio and says "she's awake". Picture how fast John would head down there. But I haven't thought past that point. Obviously something exciting has to happen. I love the idea that they steal Atlantis (grand theft cityship) and fly it back to Pegasus.

Yah, I could support that!
                  sigpic
                  Signature by Erin87

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies!

*watches tumbleweed roll by*

Heh, slow day today.

Kris! *tacklehugs* Good to hear from you, and I hope you're enjoying NY!

What she said. More cuddling please.

I second this too. And manly John. All the essential elements of a good story.
                    Yep, more cuddles, more manly John. Always a happy thing.

Comment

Slow day, indeed.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                      I wish I could go to one of the European cons. For some reason I've gotten the impression that they're much more ... well, smooth than the US ones. Like there's more to do, it's cheaper (minus transportation costs), and there's less restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
                        And for today's most wonderful ANGST Day

I give you the partially completed next (and final) chapter of 'This Not So Mortal Coil)

Spoiler:

The city shuddered beneath John’s feet as he sprinted towards the infirmary, a trail of medics and military personnel on his tail as he ran. It took far to long in his opinion to get there and as he did he laid Elizabeth out on the first available bed whilst Dr Keller hurried to get the scanner hooked up and in position.

“ Carter to Sheppard, the shield’s weakening, looks like they’re adapting, I don’t know how long its gonna last” Her voice was calm but conveyed a sense of urgency John had rarely heard from her before. So much was riding on Elizabeth, for an instant he thought it may be too much.

The scanner hummed to live, descending slowly along Elizabeth’s body and displaying the detailed images on a nearby computer screen. Slowly but surely the Nanites within Elizabeth’s body were rebuilding her brain as well as the other parts of her body they had used themselves to repair previously, this time they were creating organic components, components that couldn’t be harmed by the virus that would kick in at any tick of the clock.

“ How is she Doc?” Sheppard asked anxiously, hating the fact that seeing Elizabeth pale and unconscious reminded him of when the nanites tried to overtake her body the first time around. How long ago had that been now? It felt like a lifetime but he pinned the exact number to the day in his mind. If this worked, he would have Elizabeth back as whole as she had been before Niam had attacked her. Still, he couldn’t get his hopes up just yet, they’d been dashed before.

“ The nanites are rebuilding her brain as we speak, it’ll take some time before she’s conscious though” Keller announced from her position in front of the monitor. She looked at another monitor which displayed Elizabeth’s vital signs, they fluctuated as her body dealt with the changes being made, her blood pressure and neural activity spiking periodically.

The next blast nearly through them off their feet, the impact far worse than anything they had felt so far. The shield had been breached and soon Replicators would flood the city in their search for Elizabeth.

“ Shield have collapsed, all personnel report to defensive positions” Carter’s clear voice rang through the corridors, causing a stir of activity. Weapons were drawn and checked, scientists barrackeded themselves in their labs, and the infirmary prepared itself to the usual inundation of patients that usually came from the cities defences being breached. John however stepped forward.

“ Clear the room of all but essential personnel, set up your triage in the Mess Hall” he ordered, causing a worried look from Keller.

“ We can’t just up and leave, there are patients here who need…” She started, only to be cut off by Colonel Sheppard.

“ They’re here for Elizabeth, the more people in the way, the more people will get hurt” John replied, his tone low and lethal.

“ Sam, the way to get out of this with the least amount of bloodshed is to let them into the city, and clear a path to the Infirmary, they’re after Elizabeth first up” John explained through his earpiece to Sam, who clung to her consol as the city trembled beneath her feet.

“ Are you saying we LET them have her?” Sam questioned, her tone uncertain as chaos reigned supreme in the control room.

“ It’s the only way to get out of this with the city and most of us intact” John replied quickly, steadying himself on Elizabeth’s bed as the deck bucked.

“ Alright… I hope you’re right on this John” Sam signed off and sent another announcement through the military personnel’s com pieces advising them of the change. They were not to approach the Replicators unless they were directly being threatened.

Before long a small army of Replicators emerged into the corridors of Atlantis, only to find the majority of the expedition nowhere to be seen, or if they were around, non-confrontational. It didn’t take them long to narrow the location of the one who had escaped and to close in her position.

Sickbay was all but deserted when the small number of Replicators cautiously entered, carefully looking for any traps or hidden attacks that might be sprung upon them. John stood alone beside Elizabeth, his ARG lowered but his finger still on the trigger.

“ We have come for her” The lead Replicator announced without emotion.

“ I know” John replied, his weapon still lowered.

They advanced until the lead Replicator was level with Elizabeth’s bed, opposite John and regarding them both carefully. This lack of confrontation confused them greatly, they had anticipated much resistance.

His hand raised and approached Elizabeth’s forehead, causing John to raise his weapon.

“ I won’t let you take her” He threatened, his voice barely above a whisper in the silence.

“ She is one of us, and will be returned to us” The Replicator intoned, as though he were explaining the complexities of the colour grey to someone who was colourblind.

“ Like hell she will be” John retorted, his finger itching to pull the trigger. He knew at this critical juncture the Replicators mustn’t catch on to the ruse, if they did, all would be lost. He deliberately stepped forward in front of the nearest Replicator, a stupid move that no military officer worth his stripes would ever do but knowing he had to keep the ruse going. As predicted they retaliated, sending him reeling into the bed next to Elizabeth’s. The impact left him groggy and disorientated, unable to control his own movements as the sound of screaming hammered his ears.
                        Not just any screaming… Elizabeths.
                        Ahhh! *pauses* Ahhh! That's all I can do- incoherent babbling. Oh more please, I can't stand it!

I hope you are enjoying NYC. We miss you here.

And I've often said that the series should have ended as the pilot ended with Sparky standing on the balcony and John promising to get into more trouble. Now if they want to end the movie that way, it would be perfect indeed.
                        Ah, full circle. *sighs happily* That's the way to go.

And yay, Kris! We do miss you, and I'll third the wish that you're having a good time in the Big Apple.
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I decided that I wanted to do another poem. This one's from Liz's POV. Enjoy.

A Moment of Quiet
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Ta for the comments guys - I have 4 days off work (albeit they are somewhat busy) but I will get the fic finished ASAP for you

KR - Lovely to hear from you! :: huggles:: Hope you're enjoying your trip

Erin87 - LOVE your poem

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              I decided that I wanted to do another poem. This one's from Liz's POV. Enjoy.

A Moment of Quiet
                              Very Sparky. Love those balcony moments.
                              sigpic

Comment

and some more..... not quite finished yet.. but not far off it

Spoiler:

Not just any screaming… Elizabeth’s.

He cracked open an eye to see her writhing on the bed, the Replicator’s hand deeply embedded within her forehead. They were probing her mind, trying to learn what she had accomplished since they had noticed she was missing.

The look of shock crossed their faces simultaneously, followed by the inevidable look of defeat as the virus was uploaded into their bodies. A moment later they all fell into a pile of silver dust on the floor, the sound not unlike the raining of marbles from a small height.

Dr Keller emerged from behind one of the patient partitions, a look of fear mixed with relief on her face. She tentively made her way to Elizabeth’s side, checking the other woman’s vitals whilst trying not to step in the pile of dust that was the Replicators.
                                John groaned from his uncomfortable position, slowly regaining control of his mind and muscles. He pulled himself upright and leant on the bed for support.

“ Is she ok?” He asked, his voice thick with concern.

“ She appears to be, the nanites have finished repairing her brain and uncoupled, they’re still in her bloodstream but now 100% inert. It’ll probably take her a while to get back to normal though, she’s been through a lot” Keller explained, having finished with Elizabeth and making her way over to John. “ How are you doing?”

“ Next question” He grumbled, struggling to hoist himself back onto the bed. Truth be told he hurt like hell and the blood curdling scream still echoed in his ears.

Keller gently pushed him back onto the bed, unzipping his tactical vest and pushing it aside to better examine his torso. From what she could see he was badly winded and would be sporting a large bruise for some time, but was otherwise relatively uninjured.

The next two days for John were spent in the Infirmary, mostly in a chair pulled up by Elizabeth’s bed once he was released from his own by Keller. Everyone came to visit, even Rodney who stood there in a rather awkward silence until his brilliant mind tried to form some kind of sympathetic coherent thought.

Elizabeth thought she was alone when consciousness finally decided to grace her with its presence. She could hear the muted shuffling of the medical staff nearby, coupled with the steady rhythm of a heart rate monitor. A slight pressure on her index finger signified a blood oxygen monitor as well, it was cumbersome as she tried to experimentally wiggle her fingers, remembering the sensation from what seemed like so long ago.

“ Hey…good to see you awake” Came the quiet voice of Jennifer Keller, glancing from Elizabeth to the monitors that were displaying her vital signs. Elizabeth cracked open her eyes and blinked to clear the fuzziness from them. Her gaze fell upon a shaggy mop of untamable black hair buried in the crook of a black clad arm, obviously asleep.

“ Has he…?” Elizabeth asked, already knowing the answer to her question.

“ Yes, he hasn’t moved, and its good to see him finally getting some rest, although its not the most ergonomically sound position” Keller said gently, keeping her voice down so as to not disturb John. Elizabeth however had other ideas, raising a weak arm to gently ruffle his hair, a tender touch with more meaning than either would care to admit. John’s head snapped up at the contact, his eyes confused for a moment before taking in the very much alive and awake woman before him.

“ You’re awake…” He stated groggily as his mind cleared itself from the lingering fog of sleep.

“ It seems that way “ Elizabeth remarked, holding the contact with his eyes as long as she could without seeming overly obvious. “ Mind filling in the gaps? I’m still a little confused how I got here…”

John sucked in a breath before leaning back in his chair. “ Do you remember being put into stasis?” He questioned.

“ Yeah, feels like yesterday” She replied, rubbing her forehead with the hand not attached to any IV lines or monitoring equipment.

“ It was months ago. It took Rodney that long to come up with a way to get rid of those nanites inside you once and for all, as well as coming up with a rather genius plan – even by my standards – to take out the Replicators for good.” John started, pausing for a moment for Elizabeth to digest the information.

“ Problem was, the Replicators were looking for you, and keep attacking the city trying to find you. To get this plan to work we had to take you out of stasis, reprogram your nanites, then use you as a lure to bring them here. They tried to probe your mind and got infected with the virus Rodney created, and Bingo, no more Replicators” he finished, making a point not to mention the sight of her writhing in agony or the way her screams would stay with him for the rest of his life.

“ I see” Elizabeth said simply, processing the information at her own pace. She would ask him more later when she didn’t feel like she would fall asleep on the spot. She rested her head back on the pillows, her eyes closing of their own accord as her energy reserves bottomed out.

Dr Keller checked her vitals again to find her resting this time, falling gently into a deep healing sleep. She saw the question in John’s eyes “ She’s just sleeping, it’ll take a while before she’s back on her feet” She put his mind at ease.
                                Last edited by yunadax; 09 April 2009, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X