Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    You don't know how much I am itching to read that. I even had to use the QR function so it wouldn't show me during the posting process. It will probably be a couple of months til it is released here. I also would like to see the BSG movie (not Razor [cool though], the original)
    Oh I know how you feel. I LOVED the whole thing. It's totally, absolutely worth the wait, trust me! And after you watch it, we can discuss it all you want!
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Shep -est, shippiest... don't spoil my fun, Caption King! I have mad love for Vegas because it's all about Shep and all about why sparky is Right for Shep. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, because Lizzie!face!!!!! It pwns.
      Vegas is in my top 10, but I guess I didn't attach to it like others coz my imagination is quite bland. I guess if they had specifically said the medic was Elizabeth I would have felt differently. As it was, I ended up with a Shep is cool! vibe rather than a Sparky one from that ep. Plus I never really notice Shep's faces. I do notice when he is checking Lizzie out in that not so subtle way though
      sigpic

Comment

Vegas is in my top 10, but I guess I didn't attach to it like others coz my imagination is quite bland. I guess if they had specifically said the medic was Elizabeth I would have felt differently. As it was, I ended up with a Shep is cool! vibe rather than a Sparky one from that ep. Plus I never really notice Shep's faces. I do notice when he is checking Lizzie out in that not so subtle way though
        Hehe, men need to be taught more on reading facial expressions and emotionally related non verbal communication. It's all in the learning, really.

Now, on Sparky - fied Vegas, I direct you here (and shamelessly promote my favorite fic I authored so far ) "... and I will sin no more". It's even better if you catch the Godfather reference in the title. Sparky brownies if you remeber the exact scene where I found the title for the fic and stole it.

Comment

Hehe, men need to be taught more on reading facial expressions and emotionally related non verbal communication. It's all in the learning, really.

Now, on Sparky - fied Vegas, I direct you here (and shamelessly promote my favorite fic I authored so far ) "... and I will sin no more". It's even better if you catch the Godfather reference in the title. Sparky brownies if you remeber the exact scene where I found the title for the fic and stole it.
          I have read all three that you directed me to (or re-read as was the case in one) and commented on them all. But I am yet to see The Godfather, so unless you put a horse head in someone's bed, I would be more clueless than I usually am
          sigpic

Comment

I have read all three that you directed me to (or re-read as was the case in one) and commented on them all. But I am yet to see The Godfather, so unless you put a horse head in someone's bed, I would be more clueless than I usually am
            You must be schooled on the matter of "Godfather" because it's the best damn movie ever made. I'm serious. Oh, I forgot to link you to another mock!fic related entry *runs to find the linky*

Comment

You must be schooled on the matter of "Godfather" because it's the best damn movie ever made. I'm serious. Oh, I forgot to link you to another mock!fic related entry *runs to find the linky*
              I got distracted by the Bruce Springsteen song. Suddenly my dancing seems really cool Mind you, comparing it to 1984 is hardly fair. And just the other week I pulled over a table that I thought was bolted to the floor (so did everyone else) because someone grabbed me & I didn't want to dance. Surprisingly, I did not get booted out of that bar
              sigpic

Comment

I got distracted by the Bruce Springsteen song. Suddenly my dancing seems really cool Mind you, comparing it to 1984 is hardly fair. And just the other week I pulled over a table that I thought was bolted to the floor (so did everyone else) because someone grabbed me & I didn't want to dance. Surprisingly, I did not get booted out of that bar
                Boys and dancing, pffft. Dancing is very cool. I think Shep is a pefect kind of guy to be stuck somewhere in the musical past, listening to good stuff rather than new stuff.

Comment

Boys and dancing, pffft. Dancing is very cool. I think Shep is a pefect kind of guy to be stuck somewhere in the musical past, listening to good stuff rather than new stuff.
                  In terms of Sparky dancing, I could see more of a 'classic' dance (IDK, something with actual moves) rather than something you'd see at a club. It's more classy. I gather chicks like that. Pfft
                  sigpic

Comment

In terms of Sparky dancing, I could see more of a 'classic' dance (IDK, something with actual moves) rather than something you'd see at a club. It's more classy. I gather chicks like that. Pfft
                    Oh, I'm with you on classic dancing. Waltz and tango in particular For waltz think something like this and for tango, this would be just perfect.

Comment

Oh, I'm with you on classic dancing. Waltz and tango in particular For waltz think something like this and for tango, this would be just perfect.
                      Really? That's what Eva Cassidy looks like? I have this one of hers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-ImzMvEao

on a soundtrack CD of a tv show. Beautiful voice. I love singers who can actually sing without tweaking

As for the second one, I am talented enough to sit in the audience
                      sigpic

Comment

Really? That's what Eva Cassidy looks like? I have this one of hers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-ImzMvEao

on a soundtrack CD of a tv show. Beautiful voice. I love singers who can actually sing without tweaking

As for the second one, I am talented enough to sit in the audience
                        Yup, that's how she looked like. Sad thing., for someone so young and truly talented to die at age of thirty - something. I love listening to her, she really had a unique voice.

Comment

Poor John. What have they done to him? He's the ultimate "I don't leave my men behind" guy, and then they make him leave behind the person that matters to him the most. They can't excuse it through the plot, because it's OOC and doesn't make sense, so watching Carter doing the reasonable conversation with John and pretending she's Elizabeth just hurts my brain.

FAIL.
                          Sleeping on something can totally make you realize something. Carter should have ok'ed the mission to get Elizabeth back if only because Carter knows what it's like to be one of their prisoners. She knows what they do to their prisoners, she knows what they do to get information from them. If only for that reason she should have said to John: "Go save her and get her back."

I've been musing on that

Spoiler:
                          Atlantis is on Earth. The Deadalus has been doing recon in the PG. The wraith have been running amok. The population is dwindling. They are also on a path to cull the Athosian planet in a few weeks. Meanwhile at the SGC, intervention is denied. Atlantis has to stay on Earth as a line of defence (from who?? The Ori are defeated, plus the wraith are in the PG).

After repeated stonewalling, Shep decides to give the big *F*U* to the SGC and pilots Atlantis into orbit. Woolsey wets his pants when Shep defies orders, but Landry tells him that he never really expected Shep to listen. He also tries to eyesex him, which makes Woolsey wet his pants again. The General Hammond is in orbit above Earth. Carter orders Shep to stand down or she'll fire. He says something woobie-ish that SR will get a kick out of. Carter does one of her trademark winces, and does nothing. Atlantis heads off to the PG.

//snippie snippie//

When Carter gets back to Atlantis, she tells Shep etc. They (collectively) decide that they owe it to Elizabeth to at least make an attempt at a rescue. As the highest ranking officer, Carter retakes command of Atlantis. It is decided that they will send the General Hammond (with Lorne now in command) to investigate - jump in, scan, jump out. Apparently, this planet is a secondary home for the Asurans (what a pity they deleted them from the database).

While they are deliberating on their options, Lorne comes into Carter's office and plonks himself down on her desk, giving her a smirk. Carter says 'hey, are you coming on to me'. Lorne replies that he has a thing for strong women, and that Weir was totally, like, taken by Shep. Carter says she knew it all along. Then Lorne kisses her and they procede to make love right there on her desk. Chuck dims the lights and exits the control room, cursing that he would probably have to clean the desk afterwards.

Todd & Rod (OMG - Ned Flanders kids!!) inform the crew that these Asurans will most likely still have the attack code. The planet is not neutronium-rich, so when their few ships were destroyed by the wraith, they have only managed to start rebuilding them (rather than simply replicating them). given that they no longer have Asuras for support. So a rescue isn't out of the question. And probably necessary, given that the wraith will most likely destroy this planet to wipe out the replicators (again).

Atlantis & the General Hammond jump to the planet. Atlantis patrols in orbit while the General Hammond beams Teyla, Ronon, Shep, Rodney down to the planet then heads through the atmosphere (because of some interference/plot device they wouldn't be able to beam them back up unless in close proximity) to wreak havoc on the replicator homeworld. Because General Hammond was cool, his ship kicks ass, and sustains virtually no damage (especially that weird steam effect they do) while it tears the replicators a new one.

Rodney locates a human signal, so they head for it. Ronon and Teyla, being the skilled warriors they are, dispatch many a replicator on the way. They find OMG!!Elizabeth (yeah, no surprise there) who is in stasis. After Rodney flails for a bit coz he loves her too (not in that way. Okay, maybe a little bit, but only a little) he figures out how to wake her up. She is of course still unconscious. Lorne beams them up, with the ZPM that they stole along the way (sure, why not). The Major says that they should simply tell the wraith about this planet, and they'll take care of it for them. Shep agrees that this is a good plan, so they head back to Atlantis and both ships jump away. Later, they come back and dispatch the wraith who were so helpful in killing the remaining replicators.

Carson, superdoc that he is, revives Elizabeth. She says something along the lines of OMGWTFRUCRAZY?! before he tells her that the replicators are toast, and that she is essentially the person she was before, with freakish healing abilities. Carter comes in and tells her that the two of them aren't really that dissimilar, what with her naquadah and all (I know, the writers forgot about that after s6). So there really isn't any reason for her to take back command after a rehabilitation period (perhaps a little convenient, but I direct you to Irresponsible), given that she never technically relinquished the position. Shep is all OMG!!this is so cool!!things can go back to how they were before almost!! and internally goes OMG!!yay!! bounces/jumps around the room with Carter!! but externally nods and says that that is the fairest solution, and would satisfy most of the remaining members of the expedition. Elizabeth is all yay!!too, but being the trained negotiator that she is, internalises her diplomatic orgasm, simply responding with a limited smile.

The leadership of Atlantis (& Todd) decide that the best course of action is to eliminate the rest of the wraith. Todd adds that his forces have been essentially wiped out - he would have been too but he is safe on Atlantis - so he is all set to go postal on the rest of the wraith. They then dispatch the remaining ships they have on sensors, before landing Atlantis on a new planet. Sam/Rodney disable the gate so that an incoming wormhole from Earth will not engage (they will think Atlantis is either in space or destroyed) but it is still usable.

There are a few remaining wraith in the PG, but they pose no great threat at the moment (okay, if you like, the real Michael survived). Todd opts for the treatment to remove his feeding ability/need, given that Carson tells him he will die otherwise, and also opts to remain on Atlantis. Carter is the head of the military personel as it were. In a private moment, she tells Shep that there really is no reason why sparky cannot exist in this new earth exile. Shep is all 'i don't know what you are talking about ma'am' before he sprints out of there to bang on Lizzie's door.

Teyla tells the Athosians that there really is no need to stay on New Athos, and that they should simply move back to Atlantis, to help with the, uh, repopulation. Ronon decides that this is a task he is well suited for, and proceeds to help with the cause (he's so selfless - he just gives and gives). Katie Brown (what?? I liked her) puts the moves on Rodney, who realises that she is his one and only. After some brief liasons, and given Rodney's relative inexperience with birth control, Katie becomes pregnant. Much joy ensues. I'm not sure what will happen with the rest of them, but that is what the second movie will be for.
                          *dies* OMG!!!!!!!!! That would made a frakking awesome movie!!!!!!!!!!!
                          *glares at tptb: you better use this!!!!*

I tried to insert as much Zero Point Snark in there as possible. Not sure if it worked, given the premise. There were a few plot holes, such as

Spoiler:
                          where did the Deadalus go? Why did Earth not send more ships after them to retrieve Atlantis (I'm gonna go with the fact that they decided that space is like, huge, and they figured they wouldn't be able to find them given that Atlantis can cloak)? Why is Woolsey's bladder so weak?
                          pffffff, who cares about the plotholes... just as long as the story is awesome... and it is!!!!!!!!!

SGA part II

Spoiler:
                          Michael, who has gone mad with syphallis power and the strain of his circumstances, decides that with the rest of the wraith gone, now is the time to reassert his dominance over the PG. The retrovirus has gone full circle and turned him fully human again (because all the girls will like to look at Connor's pretty face), so he starts to assemble allies in attempt at a political alliance (because he obviously learned something from Lizzie, other than that DVD he accidentally discovered ).

Ladon contacts Atlantis, and informs them of Michael's plan and growing power. After Ronon points out that Ladon's hair now totally matches Lizzie's, he also says that they should do something before the situation gets out of hand. Teyla points out that she has connections in the PG and offers to do some recon to properly assess the situation (not that she doesn't trust Ladon ). She takes Ronon with her because she knows he would only put his foot in his mouth if he were left alone with the earthlings.

Upon discovering Teyla on one of the planets, Michael decides to kidnap her (after he touches himself rather inappropriately). He then professes his love for her, but Teyla is all dude!you're sick!! and totally cockblocks him. Ronon has a secret orgasm which his skin tight leather pants helpfully conceal, before he escapes his restraints and beats the living crap out of Michael. As his guards are approaching, Teyla and Ronon make a hasty retreat to Atlantis and inform them of the situation.

Michael decides that now is the time to enact Plan B (or Plan I'm Gonna Kill Everyone On Atlantis) and directs his remaining forces there. Shep, Weir, Carter, Lorne, Ronon, Teyla, McKay, Zelenka et al are all OMG!! but after an extensive eyesex they decide that this is probably the best option - this way, they can kill Michael once and for all.

Unfortunately, Michael is much smarter than the average bear and manages to come out of hyperspace right next to the control tower (and somehow defy the force of gracity and not crash into it) and proceeds to beam his remaining hybrids into the city and take control.

Mikey questions Shep, Weir, Rodney & Carter in Weir's office. It's the usual crap about how they screwed him over, and how he wants to kill them all. Shep surprises him with a physical attack, during which Lizzie infects him with nanites. Rodney reprogrammes those nanites to attack the wraith. Michael goes on a rampage, killing the rest of his hybrids, before killing himself. The team congratulate themselves on another mission completed, and eyesex themselves until the end credits roll

As with all sequels, a shadow of the original
                          I *heart* part2 just as much as part1
                          Just throw some sparky!sex in there, and you got the perfect second movie

Anuna, your Vegas pics were awesome!!! Thank you for sharing!

Sig by me

Comment

Yup, that's how she looked like. Sad thing., for someone so young and truly talented to die at age of thirty - something. I love listening to her, she really had a unique voice.
                            Huh? Dead? I really need to brush up on my real life reading
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                              Sleeping on something can totally make you realize something. Carter should have ok'ed the mission to get Elizabeth back if only because Carter knows what it's like to be one of their prisoners. She knows what they do to their prisoners, she knows what they do to get information from them. If only for that reason she should have said to John: "Go save her and get her back."
                              It's one of those off-the-show vs in-character moments for me. I can (almost) accept what happened on screen because I know that Torri is/was gone at the time, so they had to give some reason. I still think a completely failed rescue attempt would have been a better alternative. This way seemed like 'oh yeah, that pesky Elizabeth, we'd better mention her and pretend that we cared'

And you bring up a completely valid point. Carter has been captured by the replicators. Her team rescued her. *****!

*dies* OMG!!!!!!!!! That would made a frakking awesome movie!!!!!!!!!!!
                              *glares at tptb: you better use this!!!!*

pffffff, who cares about the plotholes... just as long as the story is awesome... and it is!!!!!!!!!

I *heart* part2 just as much as part1
                              Just throw some sparky!sex in there, and you got the perfect second movie
                              See, I felt the second one cheapened the first one. I'd delete it, but it's too late now. The truth is out there, and it's too late to take it back
                              sigpic

Comment

i just recently found out about natasha richardson's death (man i gotta pay attention to the news.) and i was sadden that she died i mean she was a good actress

Comment

Working...
                                X