Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    5) Were the replicator enemies this go around 'scary' to you? What about in comparison to other enemies the expedition has faced--including other Replicators?

Not at all. Perhaps if we had actually seen them take the city, and kill the ancients, but not this way. And apparently they didn't notice the shiny new crystal when they took the C4 out of the shield generators. This pairing of eps could have been a lot darker if they had expanded it to three parts

A) the ancient ship crashes into the deadalus, damaging both of them. They have to work together to make it back to Atlantis. The Ancients then backtrack and kick everyone out.

B) Everyone is back on Earth. The replicators attack. We see them do it, and they torture the Ancients. Earth gets wind of this, but won't do anything about it. Our team steals the Deadalus (which is under repair) and heads to Atlantis.

C) TR II stays similar to what it is now, but the Deadalus fires at the control tower, then is destroyed by drones (we still have the Apollo in a few eps, so no harm no foul). The team can still do the jumper scenes, as they would still have the jumper John gated to the SCG in
    Ooooh, that would've been an awesome way to do the story. It'd be a shame to lose the Daedalus, though. Caldwell would no doubt be pissed.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Didn't someone in the production (one of TPTW, maybe?) say that there was originally a bit more to the scene, with John actually kicking her out of the room? Or was that just a rumor?
      I've never heard anything about this episode. Maybe there was something on the commentary?

Heh! The behind-the-scenes stuff is always so much fun!
      Jodelle's giggle is adorable and so is Joe F.
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Didn't someone in the production (one of TPTW, maybe?) say that there was originally a bit more to the scene, with John actually kicking her out of the room? Or was that just a rumor?
        I've not heard that (it may well be correct, I'm often wrong ) I'd be surprised if it were true, as it would mess with Shep's 'teh man' image. Or at least the image they want you to infer.

But you all know (and I assume disagree with) my opinions on that ep, and that situation. Unless I actually saw a scene in which he turned her away, I wouldn't believe it. People have needs and itches. If someone so readily tries to scratch that itch, well, he is quite capable of taking it for what it is - meaningless sex. For all we know, he could've used a condom (it's not like she'd know what it was).

And you know what? Sometimes, when somebody comes on to you, it makes you realise you have feelings for someone else. See, there's still sparky in this scenario

Heh! The behind-the-scenes stuff is always so much fun!
        I like it too. But only as a supplement, not the way they turned it into the source for all info on plot developments. We should be able to watch the show only, not have to read about why x happened to character y
        sigpic

Comment

Ooooh, that would've been an awesome way to do the story. It'd be a shame to lose the Daedalus, though. Caldwell would no doubt be pissed.
          Caldwell would get the Apollo. Or Deadalus-A

But we would get to see Lizzie in the command seat, Rodney at ops, Shep at the helm, and Carson/Ronon/Teyla manning the other stations (I'm sure they'd come up with something, that sounds pretty vague)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
            I've never heard anything about this episode. Maybe there was something on the commentary?
            That's possible. I've never watched any of the commentaries, so I wouldn't know if there was any mention of it there.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've not heard that (it may well be correct, I'm often wrong ) I'd be surprised if it were true, as it would mess with Shep's 'teh man' image. Or at least the image they want you to infer.

But you all know (and I assume disagree with) my opinions on that ep, and that situation. Unless I actually saw a scene in which he turned her away, I wouldn't believe it. People have needs and itches. If someone so readily tries to scratch that itch, well, he is quite capable of taking it for what it is - meaningless sex. For all we know, he could've used a condom (it's not like she'd know what it was).

And you know what? Sometimes, when somebody comes on to you, it makes you realise you have feelings for someone else. See, there's still sparky in this scenario
              *snickers* Actually, I definitely agree with you that he certainly did seem rather eager, at least once he got over his initial surprise. But once Mara spilled the beans about wanting to bed him just to get a baby with his genes... instant cold shower!

I like it too. But only as a supplement, not the way they turned it into the source for all info on plot developments. We should be able to watch the show only, not have to read about why x happened to character y
              Of course, in some cases, there just isn't enough time in a 44 minute (or whatever it is) episode to fit all those details in.

Caldwell would get the Apollo. Or Deadalus-A

But we would get to see Lizzie in the command seat, Rodney at ops, Shep at the helm, and Carson/Ronon/Teyla manning the other stations (I'm sure they'd come up with something, that sounds pretty vague)
              *cackles* OMG, it's like stealing the Enterprise in Star Trek III! That was some epic cloak-and-dagger stuff!

Comment

*snickers* Actually, I definitely agree with you that he certainly did seem rather eager, at least once he got over his initial surprise. But once Mara spilled the beans about wanting to bed him just to get a baby with his genes... instant cold shower!
                Well that just proves she really is stupid, as any self respecting manipulator would've left that part out until afterwards

Of course, in some cases, there just isn't enough time in a 44 minute (or whatever it is) episode to fit all those details in.
                I have high standards

*cackles* OMG, it's like stealing the Enterprise in Star Trek III! That was some epic cloak-and-dagger stuff!
                Except that it won't end with the enterprise Deadalus burning a trail across the skyline. It could just be crippled in orbit. Or maybe they steal the Apollo instead, and the Deadalus remains unharmed.
                sigpic

Comment

Well that just proves she really is stupid, as any self respecting manipulator would've left that part out until afterwards
                  Yeah, Mara definitely wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, that's for sure!

I have high standards
                  *snickers*

Except that it won't end with the enterprise Deadalus burning a trail across the skyline. It could just be crippled in orbit. Or maybe they steal the Apollo instead, and the Deadalus remains unharmed.
                  Oooh, I like that idea better. And then we wouldn't have that jerk Ellis coming in and insulting the fair Lady Elizabeth's honor.

Comment

Yeah, Mara definitely wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, that's for sure!
                    I'm not sure she even had an entire crayon to begin with

Oooh, I like that idea better. And then we wouldn't have that jerk Ellis coming in and insulting the fair Lady Elizabeth's honor.
                    In that case, the Apollo can get the crap blown out of it, and end up on the bottom of the ocean (everyone escapes in the jumper). Besides, it was only half built anyway, so it wasn't a big loss
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure she even had an entire crayon to begin with
                      Good point. Maybe not even a piece of a crayon, just a shaving of wax. Which then begs the question: what color would she be?

In that case, the Apollo can get the crap blown out of it, and end up on the bottom of the ocean (everyone escapes in the jumper). Besides, it was only half built anyway, so it wasn't a big loss
                      Whoohoo! Boom today, baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        Here's the wallpaper again. Hope it shows up this time.

http://i677.photobucket.com/albums/v.../hearyou-1.jpg

In fact, I don't even know how to make it smaller.
                        Nice way to show the UST
                        And I always love a balcony scene in a wp

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          I've been following this and enjoy it very much.
                          Thank you, glad you're enjoying it. I hope to get the next chapter up this weekend... although my muse is thoroughly abandoning me again

Sig by me

Comment

Good point. Maybe not even a piece of a crayon, just a shaving of wax. Which then begs the question: what color would she be?
                            Does crayon come in blonde? Perhaps white - it's easy to ignore
                            sigpic

Comment

I think a long long time ago when someone here got sides for the episodes, it said that John kicked her out. But it was changed/cut in the episode. Just like Elizabeth being offworld in The Tower.

ETA: I found it.

Originally posted by Melyanna View Post
                              And a bit more... He kisses her for a bit, but the minute she starts talking about marriage and babies, he sends her back to her room. It's abundantly clear in the sides that he doesn't sleep with her. He just plays along for a bit. He's certainly not the initiator.
                              *sigh* Making me go back and look all this stuff up...

John ends up having Elizabeth and Carson come because the Lord Protector needs medical attention. Then he dies under somewhat mysterious circumstances, and... well, I'm not entirely certain what happens from there. After John tells Mara that he'll help her escape, Otho comes in and tells him that the brother and his wife have been arrested for the murder of the Lord Protector, and then brings Elizabeth and Carson in at knifepoint. Alas, I have no idea what happens after that.
                              The Tower Well, if it makes you feel better, John is rather honorable about it. When she makes it clear that she wants him to get her pregnant, he sends her packing. When her life is in danger, he goes out of his way and risks his safety to offer to bring her to Atlantis to keep her safe. But then they show up with Elizabeth and he kind of forgets about the chick.
                              Not a scene, just a couple lines in the scene that followed. Spoilers for The Tower. I watched that scene again this morning, and, well, I'm fairly convinced that the lines were cut in the editing room. Here's the scene as I received it:
                              SHEPPARD: Certain people around here seem to have somehow gotten the wrong idea about me.

Otho throws him a questioning look.

SHEPPARD: [cont.] Mara came to see me last night.

Otho is not surprised.

OTHO: Ah, yes. And did you...?

SHEPPARD: Send her back to her room? Yes, I did.

Play that on Otho's face for a beat – the fact that she didn't sleep with Sheppard obviously means something to him, but it's hard to gauge what exactly.

OTHO: You'll have to forgive her forward behavior, Colonel. She doesn't have much time.

By the way the scene appeared, I suspect the lines were cut in the editing room. The look on Otho's face after John says that Mara came to his room doesn't match that line – it matches the line that doesn't appear in the final cut.
                              There you go Shepwh0re didn't sleep with Mora. TPTB probably just wanted it to be all vague, which is why they cut that line or maybe they didn't have enough time.
                              Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 28 January 2009, 12:22 AM.
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Does crayon come in blonde? Perhaps white - it's easy to ignore
                                *dies laughing*

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X