Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
    Sometimes we just can't get out what we want to. X.x

Well since it was so quiet here today, I decided to waste more of that time thing that I can't waste to give you guys a drabble. 'Twas inspired by the conversation a lil while back about Joe F.'s favorite color.

Spoiler free, but unbeta-ed.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3852540/1/Color
    That's great!

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
    Quiet in here! ehcoooo... Sparky in season 5!
    *toasts to sparky* I think the whole forum has been quiet lately.
    Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

A picspam for s1-3

Spoiler:

Comment

^^^ to that last pic.. Lizzy! eyes up girl!... but seriously who can blame her... *stares with her*
        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

*pokes thread*
          I am here Haven't disappeared completely lol.

I thought I'd make a post with all the drabbles that I've wrote over the past couple of months or so for the LJ Sparky drabble community. Starting with my oldest and going to my newest ones.
          Spoilers for all seasons (including season 4). Also, character!death in some of them...and angst in most of them.

Spoiler:
          Title: When The Smoke Clears
          Genre: Hurt/Comfort
          Rating: PG
          A/N: Well this is my first drabble…. I would really appreciate feedback, because really I have no idea if this is any good or not. Based sometime during the three ‘unseen’ weeks of Conversion.

“The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not healing, not curing; that is a friend who cares.” Henri Nouwen

The shallow beeping of the monitors and the steady rise and fall of his chest, were her only comfort so late.

Only now, alone in the darkness, would she let her armour slip away and open herself up to the feelings that she wasn’t yet ready to accept.

She had almost lost him again, and every time it just became that much harder to put the armour back on.

As she looked over him she knew that, somewhere beyond the smoky haze of the retrovirus, was John Sheppard…Her John Sheppard, and she was determined to never walk away and accept anything less.

She longed to reach out and touch him, just to let him know she was there. She was always there, and she always would be.

It was never too late. It was never too inconvenient. It was never optional, only unconditional.

Title: Secret Comforts
          Genre: Angst
          Warning: Character death
          A/N: My second attempt at a drabble. I got my sister to read it and she said it's fine, but I'm still not 100% sure of my grammer/structure.

It had been so easy to accept it and walk way;
          Her smile that made him glow, but he would try to hide it.

The first words from her lips, as they returned through the gate, which would make his heartbeat go that little bit faster.

The sound of her footsteps in time with his, as they would walk together, brought some sort of order to his life.

As she lay here, dying, he no longer had those secret comforts, but he also realised he had never expressed gratitude for how they got him through the days.

The sound of the flat line only broke into his world for a few moments.

He wished for one last time to one day be able to see her smile again.

He hoped she would feel his kiss on her lips, but she only absorbed the single tear that fell on her cheek.

Title: The Promise
          Warning: Character!death
          Challenge: Angst - 1st place
          “I promised I would never say goodbye to you.”

“Hey, don’t talk like that. You’re going to be fine,” She said, as her slender fingers gripped his hand tightly.

“I’m so sorry, Elizabeth…”

Of all the promises she had made him make, this one she regretted the most.

She scattered his ashes off the balcony the next day. She knew that’s what he would have wanted.

“This isn’t the end,” she said as they flew out across the ocean, dancing across the breeze.

“How do you know?”

“Because if it was, then I would have let you tell me goodbye.”

Title: Nerves
          Genre: Humour (or my attempt at humour anyway)
          Rating: G
          A/N: This is the first fic I've ever wrote that doesn't contain the word 'angst' under the genre heading. Also, it's over the 100 words, but it's still drabble-ish so I thought it was worth putting up.
          Rodney sighed. The continuous tapping on the sideboard was starting to irritate him, “Is that really necessary?”

“Sorry,” John replied as he flattened his hand against the table, trying to resist the urge to continue fidgeting.

Rodney couldn’t help but smirk at the scene.

“What, McKay?” John said, bordering on exasperation.

“It just amazes me…Out of all the things we’ve been through over the past few years, who would have believed that the famous John Sheppard would still get nerves on his wedding day?”

John frowned, “How about you worry a little bit more about your part and a little less about mine. Do you have the rings?”

“Yes, yes, I have the rings,” he replied impatiently to the 5th time he had been asked that question in the past hour. “Don’t worry Sheppard; you’ve given her plenty of reasons to ditch you before now. I hardly believe she’s going to stand you up on your wedding day.”

“That’s comforting. Thanks Rodney.”

“No problem,” he replied, completely oblivious to the sarcasm present in John’s voice, “No, the only thing you need to worry about, is my speech.”

John turned sharply to glare at the scientist, who now had a grin on his face that more than said enough for how much fun he was having with this situation.

“Where’s Ronon?” John asked suddenly.

“He’s out there organising things. Why?”

“I’m just wondering if it’s too late to change my mind about my Best Man.”

Title: Drowning
          Warning: Character death
          A/N: I like the concept of drowning. I had to write this just as therapy right now. Sorry that my drabbles are almost always so depressive and sorry that this is again over 100 words. I’ll try and get better at that.
          The water in the jumper bay was rising rapidly. Elizabeth pressed herself as close to the glass as she could, frantically searching and hoping for any sign that he could still make it out.

She was screaming his name, willing for John to somehow hear her through the thick glass and over the roar of the rising water.

Then she saw him, diving down and struggling against the under currents of the water that had submerged the bay.

He could sense her panic, even if he couldn’t hear her, as she desperately clawed at the glass in a hopeless bid to try and reach him.

John pressed a single finger to his lips. He needed Elizabeth to be calm. He needed her to be brave for him. He needed her to listen.

He managed to swim close to the jumper and pressed his hands against the glass, trying to find a last contact point with her.

He didn’t open his mouth. He didn’t attempt to sign a message. He just locked his eyes on her and waited, until his world started to become silent and distant.

His last sights were those of Elizabeth desperately trying to cling on to nothing and slapping her hands against the glass of the jumper. Her lips forming the words “I love you too,” as he drifted away into the lonely darkness of the lost city.

Title: Angels
          Genre: Romangst…kinda. Fluff.
          A/N: Just one of those completely random late night conversation situations. I have no idea where it came from…And I’m very much aware that it doesn’t really make much sense…but these sort of things never really do anyway.

“Do you believe in angels?”

“What’s brought this on?”

“No reason,” she said as she moved so her head was lying on his chest, “I used to believe in angels when I was a little girl. I always hoped my angel would come and see me, just to be with me as I fell asleep.”

“And she never did?”

“No, and so, I stopped believing in angels,” She signed quietly, “The point is, you should never stop believing in something that gives you comfort, even when it seems that it’s lost.”

“Well, you never gave up believing in me.”

“That’s why I’m glad I stopped believing in angels.”

Title: Trust
          A/N: I don’t know where this really came from. Invent a scenario yourselves. I just felt like writing an argument...Or a sort of argument.

“Do you trust me?”

“Of course I trust you.”

She raised on eyebrow at him in question before he could start to defend his point.

“I do trust you,” He said again impatiently, “But my team is out there somewhere, which means I should be too. I can’t just sit around and hope that they miraculously stumble through that gate perfectly fine.”

“Really?” She replied harshly, “Because that’s what I do every time you and your team end up missing or lost, or held hostage. I have to sit here and twirl my thumbs while I send more teams out on the search…And it usually all ends with me hoping that you’ll just stumble through the gate perfectly fine.”

“Elizabeth-”

“John, I am not losing you too…Other teams are already out there looking. You’ll have to trust them…And me.”

Title: Spirit
          Spoilers: Adrift and Lifeline, because it's based sometime after these episodes.
          A/N: Well, this is what happens when I feel completely crappy and end up listening to really sad/beautiful music. Inspired by the song It's A Beautiful Day by Queen.

“Elizabeth, you’re going to be okay,” John said softly as he stood by her bed in the infirmary.

“I know.”

“So,” He began, but couldn’t find any other words.

“This isn’t goodbye,”

“I know.”

“Take care of my city for me?” She asked hopefully.

“Always.”

John turned and nodded to the scientist standing by at the EM generator. As the wave washed over the isolated room in the infirmary, Elizabeth’s vital signs monitors started to beep monotonously, but no one moved.

Several long seconds passed before the light began to escape her body and rise up into the air of Atlantis.

A free spirit, just like she always had been at heart.

*skips out*

livejournal l My Heroes l Shep l Elizabeth l Rodney l Michael l Smile!
          ~You are who you choose to be~

Comment

Love every single one of them SazZat. Thanks for sharing!!
            sig made by me

Comment

That was fantastic!!!! Great drabble and what a pick me up!

So, the news is out that there is a Season 5? Is that what I gathered? Sorry, I've been studying for days now and haven't been watching the forums as much as I ought to.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                DeLuise said that they upgraded her office each season, kept making it bigger for some reason!
                Yeah, but that's horrible continuity wise. *BLECH*

Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
                x.o I think I'm the only one who liked this episode, by the sounds of it... Minus
                Spoiler:

Kate's death. Which makes the third character in my top favorites now disposed of in some form or the other. *twitch.*

Though, ironically, I think the sparky was very present in John's fears. Elizabeth wasn't mentioned directly, but loosing people was. Moreover,
                Spoiler:

his greatest fear is himself, that he lets people down. He questions himself, his strength. This brought on from not being able to save 'Lizbeth, anyone?
                That's so true... and I did like the episode.

Originally posted by tricia View Post
                Now is the time to push for Elizabeth in S5 as they are going to start breaking stories. Would be nice if they had some original thoughts and open minds.
                Amen to that... can you believe that when my mum told me that it had been renewed I was like because I think unless they are going to bring back Lizze and Carson then it's not worth it. I mean, I will watch it but I'm no where near excited about it....
                sigpic
                Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

I was bored so I played around with Paint.

Comment

To follow SGLAB's great paint achievement! Yay paint! Better than photoshop, you get to make the best drawings eva! No really!

Yeah, I know mine sucks

Comment

You did a better job than I ever could with the painting in the words. I clicked on the button to type in their names. It took me awhile to figure out what song the line was from.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB View Post
                        You did a better job than I ever could with the painting in the words. I clicked on the button to type in their names. It took me awhile to figure out what song the line was from.
                        LOL! It's harder to type their names the way you did than using the painting, lol. It's ChristmasLove Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet! Gotta love the classics Next time I'll use Back For Good by Take That, lol. I have no idea why I'm using the best cheesy Brit songs ever, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                          It's ChristmasLove Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet! Gotta love the classics Next time I'll use Back For Good by Take That, lol. I have no idea why I'm using the best cheesy Brit songs ever, lol
                          LOL, I saw that movie last December.

I'm not very good at coming up with little lines to go with a pic. like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                            LOL! It's harder to type their names the way you did than using the painting, lol. It's ChristmasLove Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet! Gotta love the classics Next time I'll use Back For Good by Take That, lol. I have no idea why I'm using the best cheesy Brit songs ever, lol
                            cheesy Brit songs for the win

And don't forget Stay Another Day by East 17 the ultimate boyband power ballad.

Baby if you've got to go away
                            I don't think
                            I can take the pain
                            Won't you stay another day
                            Oh, don't leave me alone like this
                            Don't say it's the final kiss
                            Won't you stay another day

Comment

Well, it doesn't mean I'm good at it, lol. I'm nuts, here's the difference between you and me, lol.

Edit @Saz : OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG! East 17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mwaahhahahhaa! *misses the boy bands days*

Comment

The 90s were the best damn thing for pure cheesy music. Everyone pretends to hate it, but who can resist singing along with the classics

And OMG I feel the need to come in here and squee because I am writing smut!fic *hides* It's gonna be so awful lol, but at least I will lose my smut!fic virginity

Comment

Working...
                                X