Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Stef View Post
    Anyone read JM's blog today, where RCC answers questions about Doppleganger? Interesting bit in relation to Teyla's dream:
    Spoiler:
    Anonymous #8 writes: "Hey Joe and perhaps your special guest! I am hoping you can breakdown the fears in each dream for us. There has been much debate over how to interpret what our teams fears are, so would love some insight into them. For example, is it true that Teyla's big fear is being in a relationship with Shep?"

    RCC: I think her real fear is being misunderstood and not trusted…and having the life sucked out of her by the Wraith. And squirrels but that was too much to cram into one dream sequence.

    Okay, so being misunderstood means that Ronon was misunderstanding her and Shep's relationship, perhaps?

    -Stef

    DG

    Spoiler:
    Oh, so her greatest fear is that Ronan misunderstands her feelings for Sheppard and thinks she wants to date him...... Awesome! Thanks for the clarification!!!! (Sorry! Small joke!) But it makes me smile.
    sigpic

    Comment


      Originally posted by puddlejumper224 View Post
      WHY DO THE WRITERS HATE THE SHIPPERS SO MUCH?!?!?!?!?!?!
      It really annoys me every season... yet I always watch...
      it's like a self ditructive circle... or something...
      lol
      God, I love to hate the plot twists!
      eh-?

      Originally posted by belanna30 View Post
      Another fantastic fic! Congrats... It's a great way to end a night ( and to take a break from studying again).
      Thanks!
      sigpic
      Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
      |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

      Comment


        Great fics Anjirika and Sally Lizzie!!!!
        Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Stef View Post
          Anyone read JM's blog today, where RCC answers questions about Doppleganger? Interesting bit in relation to Teyla's dream:
          Spoiler:
          Anonymous #8 writes: "Hey Joe and perhaps your special guest! I am hoping you can breakdown the fears in each dream for us. There has been much debate over how to interpret what our teams fears are, so would love some insight into them. For example, is it true that Teyla's big fear is being in a relationship with Shep?"

          RCC: I think her real fear is being misunderstood and not trusted…and having the life sucked out of her by the Wraith. And squirrels but that was too much to cram into one dream sequence.

          Okay, so being misunderstood means that Ronon was misunderstanding her and Shep's relationship, perhaps?

          -Stef
          I thought that bit was very interesting as well. When I first watched that episode, that's what my comment was. What I want to see is how the other episodes play out. Let see if they find ways to bring up Elizabeth or by the 5th episode, totally forget until later on.
          sig made by me

          Comment


            Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
            I thought that bit was very interesting as well. When I first watched that episode, that's what my comment was. What I want to see is how the other episodes play out. Let see if they find ways to bring up Elizabeth or by the 5th episode, totally forget until later on.
            My Sparky thought in DG was
            Spoiler:
            when Carter and John entered the office
            Spoiler:
            through what used to be a wall in past seasons I think
            and he says something about reasoning with the entity and Carter gives a little smile and says

            CARTER: Being in Doctor Weir's old office made you think of that, didn't it?

            I know some people probably didn't appreciate the reminder of it being Elizabeth's "old" office but I thought it was a nice reference to her influence on the people in her command, especially John. Carter would have gone over the files of the people that were now in her care/command and she would have seen John's record previous to Atlantis and his early days when sometimes he rushed off to "shoot the bad guy" after being advised/ordered not to by Elizabeth. It seemed to surprise and please her that his first reaction was not to find a way to kill the entity but to negotiate with it.


            and on another note for the office
            Spoiler:

            It certainly has gone through a transformation since season 1 when it was more of a closet. I am loving the shelves in the background but I swear when the show first started there was only one door into it and it led to the gateroom.
            sigpic

            Comment


              Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              My Sparky thought in DG was
              Spoiler:
              when Carter and John entered the office
              Spoiler:
              through what used to be a wall in past seasons I think
              and he says something about reasoning with the entity and Carter gives a little smile and says

              CARTER: Being in Doctor Weir's old office made you think of that, didn't it?

              I know some people probably didn't appreciate the reminder of it being Elizabeth's "old" office but I thought it was a nice reference to her influence on the people in her command, especially John. Carter would have gone over the files of the people that were now in her care/command and she would have seen John's record previous to Atlantis and his early days when sometimes he rushed off to "shoot the bad guy" after being advised/ordered not to by Elizabeth. It seemed to surprise and please her that his first reaction was not to find a way to kill the entity but to negotiate with it.


              and on another note for the office
              Spoiler:

              It certainly has gone through a transformation since season 1 when it was more of a closet. I am loving the shelves in the background but I swear when the show first started there was only one door into it and it led to the gateroom.
              I totally agree with you on that. It shows definite Elizabeth's influence. The fact that
              Spoiler:
              Carter picks up on it makes me think she's a Sparky shipper

              As for the office
              [spoiler]it looks much more elaborate for sure. All those shelves and decorations. [/spoiler/
              sig made by me

              Comment


                Okay fellow sparkers, let's bring the disney kid friendly love back to this thread Sleeping Beauty *g*




                Comment


                  Originally posted by Short Angel View Post
                  Great fics Anjirika and Sally Lizzie!!!!
                  Thanks!

                  Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                  Okay fellow sparkers, let's bring the disney kid friendly love back to this thread Sleeping Beauty *g*




                  EEK! AWESOME! ^_^ Love it! Got any more?
                  sigpic
                  Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                  |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

                  Comment


                    BG, I love that Sleeping Beauty reference!

                    Originally posted by Pocus View Post

                    and on another note for the office
                    Spoiler:

                    It certainly has gone through a transformation since season 1 when it was more of a closet. I am loving the shelves in the background but I swear when the show first started there was only one door into it and it led to the gateroom.
                    I was really weirded out in...Siege 2, I think, with the other military jerk that first yanked authority from Weir and then spent the whole ep *hitting on her*...they were talking in her office, and suddenly, McKay came out of a back door that I had never seen before. I thought there was only the one entrance from the gateroom, too, and suddenly he's popping out of nowhere! DeLuise said that they upgraded her office each season, kept making it bigger for some reason!
                    'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                    will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                    It will burn and I cannot put it out...'


                    Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

                    my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

                    My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                    Spoiler:

                    Thanks, Stef!

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                      BG, I love that Sleeping Beauty reference!



                      I was really weirded out in...Siege 2, I think, with the other military jerk that first yanked authority from Weir and then spent the whole ep *hitting on her*...they were talking in her office, and suddenly, McKay came out of a back door that I had never seen before. I thought there was only the one entrance from the gateroom, too, and suddenly he's popping out of nowhere! DeLuise said that they upgraded her office each season, kept making it bigger for some reason!
                      I had forgotten that.

                      If we get 10 seasons of Atlantis *fingers crossed* her office will be a throne room by then.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                        Haha, see PDL is sticking with his "Bigger! Make it BIGGER!"

                        Comment


                          They need to learn how to make it *better*
                          'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                          will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                          It will burn and I cannot put it out...'


                          Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

                          my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

                          My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                          Spoiler:

                          Thanks, Stef!

                          Comment


                            They need to stop being lazy, bring back what made Stargate work in the first place (the fact that it could be happening now), and come up with some original storylines.

                            Comment


                              x.o I think I'm the only one who liked this episode, by the sounds of it... Minus
                              Spoiler:

                              Kate's death. Which makes the third character in my top favorites now disposed of in some form or the other. *twitch.*


                              Though, ironically, I think the sparky was very present in John's fears. Elizabeth wasn't mentioned directly, but loosing people was. Moreover,
                              Spoiler:

                              his greatest fear is himself, that he lets people down. He questions himself, his strength. This brought on from not being able to save 'Lizbeth, anyone?
                              "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by SoulSpinder View Post
                                x.o I think I'm the only one who liked this episode, by the sounds of it... Minus
                                Spoiler:

                                Kate's death. Which makes the third character in my top favorites now disposed of in some form or the other. *twitch.*


                                Though, ironically, I think the sparky was very present in John's fears. Elizabeth wasn't mentioned directly, but loosing people was. Moreover,
                                Spoiler:

                                his greatest fear is himself, that he lets people down. He questions himself, his strength. This brought on from not being able to save 'Lizbeth, anyone?
                                I loved DG!!! I thought it was fast paced and enjoyable.

                                Great thoughts on John's
                                Spoiler:
                                dream. I hadn't thought of that at all but it makes sense. He has lost many people to death since being in the Pegasus Galaxy but I think only two are truly "lost", Ford and Elizabeth, and he is determined to bring them both back. I think he probably knows there is more of a chance to bring back Elizabeth though!
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X