Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    I like that idea! Our ship is made of awesome, and Elizabeth is an amazing character and there is a reason we love her so much. I noticed Weir fans are mostly smart and well educated women who ten d to think about things deeply and carefully.

Photoshop people, were are you?

I'll be sure to invite everybody I know.

And one more thing (coming from the motivator in me): whatever TMC brings, people please don't abandon this ship and the hope. Please don't stop supporting and celebrating Sparky.

And I also have Christmas - toned idea for SEW campaign, but first I'm gonna ask Suz what she thinks about it.
    I have had so much fun on this thread lately. ((hugs to all))

The bolded part of Anuna's post is something I have been thinking about. We make this pairing what we want it to be by our thoughts, feelings and actions (fic, vids, posts). I am just really hoping that no matter what happens, we can stay fun.

I am sure people will have misgivings and disappointments with what is coming up. Not everyone likes things/perceives things in the same way. There might be a need to rant and vent frustrations. There might be sadness and disappointment. We should all be here for each other and let our "friends" get their feelings out.

But above all, we should not forget why we are here on this thread. It is to celebrate the couple we have seen onscreen and created with our passion for them!

Congrats Anuna on 2900 Posts!!

sigpic

Comment

The first one is just amazing! Does your sister take any more requests? I love this wallpaper, it's on my desktop right now!

Lately I can't have enough of sparky wallpapers, do you guys have them in your secret stash?

I'll ask her and get back to you. And thank you all for the compliments. I know she appreciates it.

Comment

Congrats to the thread and Anuna for reaching their milestones!
        sigpic
        Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
        |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Who's ready for the second wave? And Congrats Anuna reaching 2900.

Slightly bigger this time but same as before.

Don't forget to pick your next one Vixen. That's if you want to choose an image?.

Have fun.
          BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Sparky people, listen up! It's timeto be creative! I suggested this at SEW thread but it's relevant for us too!

How about sending Xmas cards at Bridge Studios and every other important place it would be like this:

You can use ordinary Xmas cards or you can draw them, or put pictures of our fav Atlantis character(s), Elizabeth Sparky write messages like these: "Atlantis has a Christmas wish, bring back Elizabeth Weir!" or (for Sparky) "Colonel Sheppard wants only one thing for Christmas - bring back Elizabeth Weir!", or something connected to Xmas songs; "Elizabeth wants to be home for Christmas"... I know you are creative, and you'll think of many interesting messages!

And I think Sparky people should be very active in this more than anybody else - because we should make a point about most popular pairing in SGA.
            Sparky is what majority of people wants to see!

Somebody who is good with PhotoShop and graphic design could even make cards and we could print and send them.

We don't have to wait until Xmas, we could start sending them with beginning of December. We can use lines from Xmas carols... the more cards the better - they need to be swamped with SEW Xmas cards!!!

What do you think folks?
            I shared a couple thoughts in the SEW thread that were "Save Elizabeth" focused. Here's a Sparky one.....

On the front of the card, the infamous kiss from The Long Goodbye.

The text - "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus"

LOL - we probably can't use the picture due to copyright, but it made me laugh and it was the first thing I thought of, so I had to share. I'm sure others will have much better ideas......
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

It was 95, and we still didn't watch and counted moments in Siege 2 and 3. How about doing it?
              Let's go for it.

Oh my! 2 900 posts!
              Wooohoooo!

And one more thing (coming from the motivator in me): whatever TMC brings, people please don't abandon this ship and the hope. Please don't stop supporting and celebrating Sparky.
              What she said.

Sparky people, listen up! It's timeto be creative! I suggested this at SEW thread but it's relevant for us too!

How about sending Xmas cards at Bridge Studios and every other important place it would be like this:

You can use ordinary Xmas cards or you can draw them, or put pictures of our fav Atlantis character(s), Elizabeth Sparky write messages like these: "Atlantis has a Christmas wish, bring back Elizabeth Weir!" or (for Sparky) "Colonel Sheppard wants only one thing for Christmas - bring back Elizabeth Weir!", or something connected to Xmas songs; "Elizabeth wants to be home for Christmas"... I know you are creative, and you'll think of many interesting messages!

And I think Sparky people should be very active in this more than anybody else - because we should make a point about most popular pairing in SGA.
              Sparky is what majority of people wants to see!

Somebody who is good with PhotoShop and graphic design could even make cards and we could print and send them.

We don't have to wait until Xmas, we could start sending them with beginning of December. We can use lines from Xmas carols... the more cards the better - they need to be swamped with SEW Xmas cards!!!

What do you think folks?
              Wonderful idea!

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

The bolded part of Anuna's post is something I have been thinking about. We make this pairing what we want it to be by our thoughts, feelings and actions (fic, vids, posts). I am just really hoping that no matter what happens, we can stay fun.

I am sure people will have misgivings and disappointments with what is coming up. Not everyone likes things/perceives things in the same way. There might be a need to rant and vent frustrations. There might be sadness and disappointment. We should all be here for each other and let our "friends" get their feelings out.

But above all, we should not forget why we are here on this thread. It is to celebrate the couple we have seen onscreen and created with our passion for them!

Thank you so very much! And I agree with things you said, we should be aware and prepared for negative feelings, rants, sadness and everything alike. But that doesn't mean we have to fall apart or anything like that. If there is a time to stand together and support each other, comfort each other, it's now. We are the ones who "make" this ship happen to its fullest, best potential and it's us who finally decide where we'll take them, and how we will celebrate our favorite couple.

I'm all for having fun but it's only natural to expect people will need venting. So pull on your thick skin and we'll be fine - Xmas is close and start thinking about Xmas fun, games, vids to make... things like that!

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                I shared a couple thoughts in the SEW thread that were "Save Elizabeth" focused. Here's a Sparky one.....

On the front of the card, the infamous kiss from The Long Goodbye.

The text - "I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus"

LOL - we probably can't use the picture due to copyright, but it made me laugh and it was the first thing I thought of, so I had to share. I'm sure others will have much better ideas......
                Wow!! I LOVE that idea!!!

(Daddy wants Mommy back?)

Thank you all for congratulations! I'm a busy poster lately! And I'm having so much fun here!!!! So let's stay united
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
                  Technically, the most popular pairings on SGA are slash pairings, so if you want to say that J/E is a popular pairing, it's in the het pairings. On GW, and due to the numbers of viewer on this thread, you can consider that Sparky is what the majority of fans on the web want to see. You can't speak for the casual viewers.

I'm just saying, if you want to do this, which I think is a sweet idea despite my own apprehensions and knowledge that it won't probably change a thing, you should make sure you're being precise with the number you use or which people you target. Here, you're targeting online fans bc it's the only numbers you have.

What I think TPTB might appreciate is that fans who show their support don't invent things and use proper data to make a point.
                  And if we had proper data, we could quote it. Everyone speaks in generalities. Who knows how many support each pairing? We can say our thread has over 1.2 million views and more than 50,000 posts. We can safely say "a large number of fans" or "many fans" want to see them together. Any general number will do. But who really cares. Hyperbole is part of the fun.

Originally posted by Pocus View Post

Mental green for you. I'm starting to get a positive feeling and we all know that doesn't happen too often.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    And if we had proper data, we could quote it. Everyone speaks in generalities. Who knows how many support each pairing? We can say our thread has over 1.2 million views and more than 50,000 posts. We can safely say "a large number of fans" or "many fans" want to see them together. Any general number will do. But who really cares. Hyperbole is part of the fun.

Mental green for you. I'm starting to get a positive feeling and we all know that doesn't happen too often.
                    Exactly. This is about fun and our honest wish to have our pairing back (to have lots of eye!sex if nothing else) and not about statistics. We should have fun; Christmas is nearing and in 11 days we'll see Elizabeth again! And that's huge, that is great!

If SR is getting a positive feeling then we might be onto something here! Not mocking you - I know you are cautious and very realistic about things. But at the end of the day it all comes down to us. PTB will give us something, we might like it or not - some of us won't be happy, some of us will - but the important thing is that we accept different opinions and have fun discussing them - and keep celebrating Sparky, because that makes sense to us.

And I'm saying this so we can be prepared for anything that comes our way - but still stay positive and supportive to each other, and still be able to enjoy.

EDIT: I'll rec this story again because it's really great.

"Counterpart" by lana_kitty on LJ: part one is here and part two is here

It's a baby fic, but at the beginning, when Sparky find out they are expecting, it's not Elizabeth who's pregnant. Before you call it stupid idea, give it a chance. The story is good, emotions are wonderful... REALLY worth reading!
                    Last edited by Anuna; 26 November 2007, 12:29 PM. Reason: typos!

Comment

It is wonderful to hear that people are having fun again - that's what all this is about in the end. Playing with the fantasy world that the creators of this show have given us, allowing ourselves a few moments escape from the busy and hectic RL.

The king and queen watching over their kingdom.

Comment

Exactly. This is about fun and our honest wish to have our pairing back (to have lots of eye!sex if nothing else) and not about statistics. We should have fun; Christmas is nearing and in 11 days we'll see Elizabeth again! And that's huge, that is great!

If SR is getting a positive feeling then we might be onto something here! Not mocking you - I know you are cautious and very realistic about things. But at the end of the day it all comes down to us. PTB will give us something, we might like it or not - some of us won't be happy, some of us will - but the important thing is that we accept different opinions and have fun discussing them - and keep celebrating Sparky, because that makes sense to us.

And I'm saying this so we can be prepared for anything that comes our way - but still stay positive and supportive to each other, and still be able to enjoy.

EDIT: I'll rec this story again because it's really great.

"Counterpart" by lana_kitty on LJ: pert one is here and part two is here

It's a baby fic, but at the beginning, when Sparky find out they are expecting, it's not Elizabeth who's pregnant. Before you call it stupid idea, give it a chance. The story is good, emotions are wonderful... REALLY worth reading!
                        Originally posted by Vixen View Post
                        It is wonderful to hear that people are having fun again - that's what all this is about in the end. Playing with the fantasy world that the creators of this show have given us, allowing ourselves a few moments escape from the busy and hectic RL.

The king and queen watching over their kingdom.
                        I second both of these. Sparky fun is what it's all about.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Self pimping again.

Another old video: Love is strange

And a story. Mirroring It's season one fluff.

Comment

True, there's one episode where there's likely going to be sparky scenes in it that we're all looking forward to. I'm not among those who hope for this show anymore, I'm not as much "into it" as I used to be. That's probably why I'm being realistic. I'm here to enjoy the ship as it is. What I want to say is that you shouldn't hope for any of this to help the situation or influence TPTB's decision.

I respect your opinion and your decisions and how you want to have fun : promoting sparky. I'm just saying : no hard feelings so you won't be disappointed again. If on the other hand, everything turns out for the best, I'll also be glad.

Comment

Speaking of fun. Vixen's prize. No one got the last one done yet?.

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

I'll call it a night my fellow sparkies! Have fun and stay happy!!!

Remeber, Mom and Dad are watching you

Comment

Working...
                                X