Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Promitikins View Post
    Okay I haven't read anyone else's posts about this and I'm sorry if there are any repeats but I'm just so IRRITATED right now that I had to delurk and rant.
    Oh, we feel it honey. I've been shaking my head with both sadness and disapproval since the beginning of Season Four, I think I can hear my neck crick already. Like you, it made me delurk full time. I FEEL THE NEED TO VENT everytime I watch the show.

Okay, honestly REALLY POOR WRITING! I'm not happy about Weir leaving and although I rant about it to my friends (but never say anything on here because all of you basically say all that I need to say so there's really no need for me to take up extra space), but I was willing to hang in there and keep watching because...well, I don't know. It's stargate. I've been with it since the beginning...and I didn't want to give up on it just like that.

But seriously, the producers are trying WAY too hard to have their storyline accepted. It's moving MUCH too fast to seem believable!
    You have a point there. The reason why I'm shaking my head since season 4 began, and it's now episode 5 (Travelers) and I'm still shaking my head.

Travellers
    Spoiler:

* WHAT WAS UP WITH THE CLOSET THING? It had NO place in the episode! It did not make SENSE! NORMALLY, Sheppard and whomever was with him would go through the halls and gun down the wraith. It was just ONE wraith. They had gone down MORE than one wraith before! There was NO need to hide! They just STUFFED the scene in there and it was OBVIOUS.

It bugs me that they're trying SO hard to get this thing...whatever this thing is....going. If they didn't try so hard and was more relaxed about it (and more LOGICAL), then I wouldn't have had such a big problem with it.

(Side: And what is UP with the innuendos? It's irritating.)

* When they were bickering...after they had stepped out from the closet type thing...and Sheppard said, "I was saving your life"

She replied with, "My life wouldn't have been in danger in the first place if you hadn't broadcasted the signal."

And he couldn't think of anything else to say. The producers purposely put that in there to show that...here's another girl who can take sheppard on and win. Okay...NO. BECAUSE...Sheppard could have easily said, "Well, if YOU hadn't kidnapped me in the first place, then NONE of this would have happened!"

* She's such a big tough girl that when she first sees a wraith...she freezes? And then suddenly it's a hand-to-hand combat. Obviously that was put in just for some eye candy for the guys out there. I'm not against that because...I get my share of eye candy from Ronon...but at least TRY to make it seem plausible.

* When Sheppard has the wraith at gunpoint...the Wraith could have easily swung his arm behind him and caught Sheppard off guard.

* Why doesn't Sheppard follow the Wraith out? That's the sensible thing to do. Larrin is FINE! And then the little "moment" with her in his arms right afterwards...see...now this is what I loved about the Sparky relationship: they both would know that RIGHT THEN when WRAITH are in the vicinty was NOT the right time to get all mushy. The producers really DON'T know how to write in the romance. Oh look...here is a perfectly horrible time to insert it in...but by golly we HAVE to get our fans over the weir/sheppard thing so...oh well! Screw all rational thoughts!

Okay...sorry for the long, probably incoherent post. Too tired to think properly. Thanks for reading!
    =D
    Travelers:
    Spoiler:

About the closet thing... welllll, that's what happens when you try to shove another forced ship on the audience. The storyline is really getting scratchy/boring from over use... Shep meets sexy-hot-in-leather commander of a nomadic fleet. They fight, they argue, they point weapons at each other, they talk innuendos, they kiss... blah blah blah. But you know what, the whole thing doesn't really sell. Throughout the whole time Larrin and John were together, I was getting really annoyed at the two of them, I almost said yay when the Wraith came because that would really shut them up from all the bickering. And I was hoping TPTB already learned their lesson when they tried to shove Sheyla down our throats in season one. Seems like they will never learn, and yes, they still don't know how to write. The dialogues and lines are just... ugh!
    It would have been a good episode, but sadly it is just boring, and at one point annoying. My saving grace, well, Maj. Hot!Lorne is there.

I don't see any real chemistry at all between Larrin and John. In fairness to Larrin, she is beautiful and sexy, she's a good leader (if I go by the way she tries to find her men and the passionate way she talks about her people). But CHEMISTRY is just not so there.

Not like our Sparky. Sparky is all natural.

Looking forward to Miller's Crossing too. Wuv Jeannie.
    sigpic

Great Chemistry Starts with Great Sparks

Comment

Originally posted by Short Angel View Post
      If this post appears twice I apologise cause I don't see my other one here. So anyway:
      I think everyone's excited because McKay's sister returns in Miller's Crossing. I don't believe that anyone knows right now what the fourth episode that Weir will be in is. !f anyone does share with the rest of the class please, or at least this member because I could be just out of the loop.
      That's the reason I'm excited, hehe. *loves Kate*

However... Millers Crossing
      Spoiler:
      In her latest GW interview, Torri said she was in although she was in four eps it was more like two. Adirft/Lifeline are linked, so I think people are presuming that since MC comes before TMC (which we know she's in) that is her other ep.

There was also some magazine interview - I forget who by - where something was mentioned about Rodney taking Elizabeth back to Earth.

Having a female writer isn't necessarily going to make any difference. They've had female writers and their eps weren't so great. I don't even think they need new writers - they do have good ones. Personally, I think they need Brad Wright back as showrunner to focus on consistency. But if that's still a problem in the fourth season, then the show is pretty much screwed imo.

Comment

this is a little OT but im so excited and so sad at the same time. i have my last day of school tommorow before exams nad before i graduate!.. i dont know what to feel lol..

anywho back on topic

Sparky is aweseome
        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Thanks for the explanation... I had heard those rumors before.

And speaking of things I would like to see:

Seer:

Spoiler:
          I will be thrilled if the Seer predicts that John will save Elizabeth.... How awesome would that be if that's tossed into the episode somewhere?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by belanna30 View Post

Seer:

Spoiler:
            I will be thrilled if the Seer predicts that John will save Elizabeth.... How awesome would that be if that's tossed into the episode somewhere?
            Oy, that would be grand! As in:

Spoiler:

And you shall find the one who was once a true love of yours as you go to the north country fair, where the winds hit heavy on the borderline. And after her demons have been fought you shall live happily ever after!

I have been studying to hard, my brain is fried.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
              Oy, that would be grand! As in:

Spoiler:

And you shall find the one who was once a true love of yours as you go to the north country fair, where the winds hit heavy on the borderline. And after her demons have been fought you shall live happily ever after!
              Sounds like Shrek.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                Personally, I think they need Brad Wright back as showrunner to focus on consistency.
                That's my personal wish, but it looks highly unlikely since he and RCC are going straight from the SG-1 movies to the third spin-off series. But to be fair, BW said it was HIS decision to knock off Elizabeth. JM and PM had to take the reins storytelling-wise from there. Thank god Martin Gero wrote Adrift and Carl Binder wrote Lifeline, though, because I just hate JM/PM episodes. Their only good one was SG-1's Window of Opportunity, which was the first ep they ever did. 0_o
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie View Post
                  Sounds like Shrek.
                  Happily Ever After.......awwww

Spoilers for size and for Echoes:
                  Spoiler:

sigpicsig by me!

Comment

Originally posted by belanna30 View Post
                    Thanks for the explanation... I had heard those rumors before.

Seer:

Spoiler:
                    Now that I would like to see. Thanks for the clarifcation SallyLizzie!
                    Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Originally posted by RoryJ View Post
                      That's my personal wish, but it looks highly unlikely since he and RCC are going straight from the SG-1 movies to the third spin-off series. But to be fair, BW said it was HIS decision to knock off Elizabeth. JM and PM had to take the reins storytelling-wise from there. Thank god Martin Gero wrote Adrift and Carl Binder wrote Lifeline, though, because I just hate JM/PM episodes. Their only good one was SG-1's Window of Opportunity, which was the first ep they ever did. 0_o
                      I didn't know about it being BW that made the decision to boot Weir, but as much as I think that sucks (and Carson), my complaints with S4 lay elsewhere.

I actually like a lot of JM/PM Atlantis eps:
                      • Home
                      • The Seige Pt2
                      • Intruder
                      • Misbegotten

Granted, The Tower isn't one of my favourites but it did have a lovely scene with John and Elizabeth at the end which I did like, and overall, I enjoyed Reunion. (The other SGA eps they have done are Irresponsible and Travellers)

Given that the bullet-pointed eps have obvious Sparky moments, I'm hoping TMC, which is a JM/PM ep, will be a Sparky fest, too.

Comment

Repost of AAll my vids, cus i like to slef promot and Cus Sparky is bringing Sexyback

I want You back

Caught In the Middle

If Everyone Cared

With Arms Wide Open

What Hurts The Most

Come On Come On - Contains Sam And Jack

Inner Smile

She's Like the Wind

What About Now?

Almost here

Miracle

Crush

*Breathes out*... that took ages!

Enjoy guys
                        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Self promote all you want. A lot of time Sparky vids are just the pick me up I need!
                          sigpic

Comment

Hello all!! I'm baaack!!!!

And I brought icons.

Feel free to snurch. And I'm gonna due my best to pop in here more frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacemonkey_Jackson View Post
                              Hello all!! I'm baaack!!!!

And I brought icons.

Feel free to snurch. And I'm gonna due my best to pop in here more frequently.
                              Great icons!!
                              Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis_babe34 View Post
                                Repost of AAll my vids, cus i like to slef promot and Cus Sparky is bringing Sexyback

I want You back

Caught In the Middle

If Everyone Cared

With Arms Wide Open

What Hurts The Most

Come On Come On - Contains Sam And Jack

Inner Smile

She's Like the Wind

What About Now?

Almost here

Miracle

Crush

*Breathes out*... that took ages!

Enjoy guys
                                That should keep me going for a little while. Happy Halloween!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                                I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                                Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X