• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by masterling View Post
    Question about vegas
    Spoiler:
    The AU todd, in his poem said something i found intersting

From transcript:
    TODD
    Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Darkness all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending.
    (he gets closer to the wall in front of Sheppard)
    I know the future. Come inside…I'll show you…your destiny, John Sheppard!

So...... the die in the desert, it that referring to spike or shep or both. And in this delirious state he is in do you think it is possible that he was seeing the future? Their brains are obviously developed differently than humans if they can use telepathy, so why not see the future when in a "abnormal" state.
    thoughts??
    OMG, the poem in my sig has "dry as a desert", how did I mishear that one?
    I'll change it now.
    Spoiler:

I wouldn't be surprised if Todd could tell the future, he was saying he'd show Sheppard his destiny and the "die in the desert" bit could refer to the AU sheppard AND Spike, the both "died in the desert".

I'm biased though, because I believe Todd can do anything
    Last edited by Todds worshipper; 06 January 2009, 03:59 PM.
    sigpic
    Cass Todd -

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
      I got a kick out of this. It's on Joe M's current blog page:
      http://josephmallozzi.files.wordpres...1/dsc05365.jpg
      Maximize the pic so you can read the "speech bubbles" of the figures.

mfw
      I can'r read it (in the bigger version) ...could someone type it up for me, please?

sigpic

Comment

OT social stuffs....hit me so hard I went away thinking about it for hours, had to come back and *gasps!* de-lurk :

Spoiler:
        Some people are not born with the immediate ability to be able to socialize and to communicate with other people. For these people, these skills must be learned. And for most these people, what they learn turns out to be correct in theory, but almost impossible to put into practice. These people tend to obsess easily, and delve headfirst into a subject that greatly interests them, sometimes to the detriment of a so-called social life. Many great scientists, artists, musicians, poets, anywhere that requires an intense interest and perhaps an obsessive eye for detail, these people have been. It would be a completely different world if there wasn't a small portion of society that thinks a little bit differently to the rest.

These people may also yearn for acknowledgment, affection, love... just most do not know how to express that they wish for these things, or know how to give these things in a way that most people are brought up to know is proper.

Do not be too quick to judge... not everyone is on the same brain length as the rest of the world, and not everyone lives only for their "social" life
        Last edited by The Veldt; 06 January 2009, 04:38 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
          I can'r read it (in the bigger version) ...could someone type it up for me, please?
          It says: "We're like totally trapped 'n' sh*t"
          "Bummer."
          Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrow_hawk View Post
            It says: "We're like totally trapped 'n' sh*t"
            "Bummer."
            roftel...thanks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by leksa View Post
              What's the catch with this gay things?
              What the earring has to do with that? No one ever told me that rule. And I'm suppose to be from the Earth.

Ah, and I remember someone asked do the actors who portray the Wraith go home in costume to their significant others....
              Girl, the film makeup tastes awful! And smells too! You do not wish to kiss anyone with that makeup unless you're paid to do so! Rather, close your eyes and use your imagination...
              I said it But even still, even now knowing that the make-up tastes and smells yuck, if it was Christopher Heyerdahl as Todd, believe me when I say "I wouldn't even notice it"
              sigpic
              Cass Todd -

Comment

Interesting, when I was giving you a green for this message I did not even get the option for disagreeing. Apparently my computer also thinks your message is excellent!
                OT:
                Mine does that now too, it started a few days ago and I thought the moderators had removed the ability to disagree. Which is a good thing, if only so that you don't accidently disagree when you're actually agreeing. I've been so paranoid about that
                But I haven't seen anyone else mention the change, in any thread, so I have no idea what's going on or if it's permanent
                sigpic
                Cass Todd -

Comment

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
                  OT:
                  Mine does that now too, it started a few days ago and I thought the moderators had removed the ability to disagree. Which is a good thing, if only so that you don't accidently disagree when you're actually agreeing. I've been so paranoid about that
                  But I haven't seen anyone else mention the change, in any thread, so I have no idea what's going on or if it's permanent
                  My understanding is that it's permanent. It's suppose to be part of this all new positive spin they are trying to put on things.

BTW--Love the new sigs you made for TP and yourself!!
                  sigpic
                  Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

OT:
                    here you go: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62652

all you ever wanted to know about the forum changes 2009

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post
                      OT social stuffs....hit me so hard I went away thinking about it for hours, had to come back and *gasps!* de-lurk :

Spoiler:
                      Some people are not born with the immediate ability to be able to socialize and to communicate with other people. For these people, these skills must be learned. And for most these people, what they learn turns out to be correct in theory, but almost impossible to put into practice. These people tend to obsess easily, and delve headfirst into a subject that greatly interests them, sometimes to the detriment of a so-called social life. Many great scientists, artists, musicians, poets, anywhere that requires an intense interest and perhaps an obsessive eye for detail, these people have been. It would be a completely different world if there wasn't a small portion of society that thinks a little bit differently to the rest.

These people may also yearn for acknowledgment, affection, love... just most do not know how to express that they wish for these things, or know how to give these things in a way that most people are brought up to know is proper.

Do not be too quick to judge... not everyone is on the same brain length as the rest of the world, and not everyone lives only for their "social" life
                      Social OT response:
                      Spoiler:
                      I agree with pretty much everything you've said. I am far from genious, but I am basically the person you have described above. The proverbial "outsider looking in". I do not live for a social life (I pretty much don't have one now and I quite like it), but what I have done is worked hard to overcome my shyness and have always tried to put myself in difficult social situations, taking jobs I wouldn't normally feel comfortable in, tried to see myself in other's situations. By doing this I've developed a certain kind of intuitiveness that I can anticipate peoples' wants and needs, how I can make them feel comfortable, diffuse a tense situation. Some people think I developed this as I am the youngest in my family and therefore was forced to listen before I could speak. Believe it or not it's not a skill I like. My instinct tells me that I shouldn't give a crap what anyone else thinks or how they're feeling and should just watch out for me. But I have not only worked at socializing myself, I've allowed it to happen.

I suppose I am a bit jealous of those Rodney McKay types who can do things like insult people, get away with it and feel little or no remorse. Rodney is supposed to have been written and developed primarily by Marty Gero, of course modeling the character after himself. Being a Wraith fan - which is a quite a fringe group in itself - I feel that Gero, Wright, Mallozzi, etc. are just forcing their geekboy ways on us by giving us this "evil race" of, essentially, the cool Goth rockers with the "good guys" (geeks) of Atlantis constantly giving them the smackdown with their stunning technology. So basically the Geeks are triumphing over the cool-kid Goth rockers, big guys with long hair, that they hated so much in school. If you ever notice how any of these guys respond to Wraith questions, you'd know.

Rob C. Cooper is supposed to have been instrumental in creating the Wraith. He was probably a geek as well, but he has had the appropriate socializing so that he probably got along with those Goth rockers, though might not have ever been totally accepted by them. He wanted to give the Wraith as a character these super-human traits that made them a great, formidable and interesting enemy. But with writers like Gero, Wright, Mallozzi and, bless his sweet heart, Carl Binder, they utterly tore apart the original construct of this race, took away and gave back certain crucial characteristics and just basically pulled them out whenever they wanted to add a little melodrama.

Ok, I'm going to stop now. There is something about PMS that fogs my mind and makes it frustratingly hard for me to express myself correctly. (Although I do get great surges of energy that help me clean the house ) I feel really misunderstood right now, for some reason. *sigh* I'm off to bed.

'night all!

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
                        My understanding is that it's permanent. It's suppose to be part of this all new positive spin they are trying to put on things.

BTW--Love the new sigs you made for TP and yourself!!
                        Thankyou Starry Waters
                        We both loved that phrase and I wanted to try out some new software that came with a new camera
                        My only regret is that they're small, I guess the more pictures you add the smaller the sig will be. I'm learning as I go

Originally posted by Shanthaia View Post
                        here you go: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=62652
                        all you ever wanted to know about the forum changes 2009
                        Thankyou Shanthaia
                        sigpic
                        Cass Todd -

Comment

Just a quick hi...

I've been a bit distracted lately - too much going on in my head. But I read on Mallozzi's blog that one (at least one) of the writers is no longer with them, and he hasn't said who...but I'm wondering if it's Alan. I hope not - I really like him, but someone is gone, and I can't think of who else it could be.

Any thoughts? (I asked PG15 about it, and he thought maybe Marty G at first, but then thought Alan, too...)

das
                          sigpic

Comment

Here is an interesting fanvid, scenes from Vegas.
                            It's mostly about Shep but has some good Wraith scenes and seems to parallel Shep's and the lost Wraith's (Spike?) fates.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tWInE05T8o
                            sigpic

Comment

What's the catch with this gay things?
                              What the earring has to do with that? No one ever told me that rule. And I'm suppose to be from the Earth.

Ah, and I remember someone asked do the actors who portray the Wraith go home in costume to their significant others....
                              Girl, the film makeup tastes awful! And smells too! You do not wish to kiss anyone with that makeup unless you're paid to do so! Rather, close your eyes and use your imagination...
                              I said it But even still, even now knowing that the make-up tastes and smells yuck, if it was Christopher Heyerdahl as Todd, believe me when I say "I wouldn't even notice it"
                              I went and had a look at other thread in Vegas and some have mentioned it there as well. I just think they are reading too much into it.

As far as kissing someone in the make-up well I'll settle for the real thing!

Dreams are good tonight!!!!!!! The gutter is wonderful and the stars are beautiful and bright.
                              I came, I saw, I conquered!
                              sigpic
                              We are unique! Created unique!
                              Sevenofnine

Comment

I apologize if my comments sounded offensive to anyone.
                                I was the one who had to learn the social skills. It's pain in the backside, but it's worth. However, some of my colleagues do not even think that they are ones who need to make an effort. That's sometimes getting really annoying....
                                Sorry.

Originally posted by The Veldt View Post

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X