Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leksa View Post
    Yes you're right. It was cardboard like. Sheppard suppose to be strong and resilient person. The one who would not, likely, ended up as a looser.
    I'm, sometimes, getting really frustrated with those writers. (The more I think about the show.) It seems to me that they simply do not wish even to use their own brain.
    If Sheppard is suppose to have same personality in both realities, then he would never, ever ended up as that looser.

I liked the episode too. I loved the scenes with Spike, and if the authors did plan to show some more "humanity" within the Wraith, they succeeded (there might be director involved in that too, not only writers...). I loved the music they connected with the Wraith, and finally they indicated that the Wraith has an ART! Those tatoos, the poetry, there is an art there. I loved that.
    Art is a massive indicator for any culture and will tell you a lot about that culture. I always felt Wraith have art - even if simply from the tattoos and that some of them braid their hair - that is still "art" and tells you something about them.
    sigpic
    Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      I doubt it!

But I asked a bunch anyway.

It probably wouldn't hurt if some of us asked the same question[s], then he'd know more than just one lunatic wants to know...

I asked about Wraith design, the nipple thing, the connection between AU Todd and the other Wraith, tattoos, extra nostrils, AND...finger armor.

If he gives a serious answer for two or three of those, I will be pleased. If he answers them all, I will kiss him, full on the lips!

das
      I'd pay to see that!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
        Art is a massive indicator for any culture and will tell you a lot about that culture. I always felt Wraith have art - even if simply from the tattoos and that some of them braid their hair - that is still "art" and tells you something about them.
        Yeah, true. I agree with you. Just I discussed somewhere about that and some of the participants said that predators cannot have an art. I did disagree with that opinion, but without the firm backing up from the Show I could not made decent contra-argument. Now I have it!

The clothing, the hair, the tattoos indicated to me too that there is artistic background there. And even that the art tendencies are more spread than in our culture. I mean, we cannot find an officers in our, humans armies that wear any personal decoration....(Not to mention the majority of our, human, males....)

Comment

Yeah, true. I agree with you. Just I discussed somewhere about that and some of the participants said that predators cannot have an art. I did disagree with that opinion, but without the firm backing up from the Show I could not made decent contra-argument. Now I have it!

The clothing, the hair, the tattoos indicated to me too that there is artistic background there. And even that the art tendencies are more spread than in our culture. I mean, we cannot find an officers in our, humans armies that wear any personal decoration....(Not to mention the majority of our, human, males....)

There have been and still are plenty of human tribes (eg south american natives, maori, etc) who are prdominantly hunters and could therefore be considered "predators" - but, like Wraith, they decorate their bodies and braid their hair - this is the earliest form of art known to mankind.
          We may be talking about Wraithkind here on this thread, but it's STILL art!
          sigpic

Comment

Just I discussed somewhere about that and some of the participants said that predators cannot have an art. I did disagree with that opinion, but without the firm backing up from the Show I could not made decent contra-argument. Now I have it!
            Really?
            Humans are predators. The first painting on the caves were of hunting scenes. The argument Predators are not artists, specially from a human point of view, makes no sense.
            sigpic
            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
              Really?
              Humans are predators. The first painting on the caves were of hunting scenes. The argument Predators are not artists, specially from a human point of view, makes no sense.
              Did she mean predators as regular hunters or Predators as the aliens with the dreadlocks?
              sigpic

Comment

Question about vegas
                Spoiler:
                The AU todd, in his poem said something i found intersting

From transcript:
                TODD
                Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Darkness all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending.
                (he gets closer to the wall in front of Sheppard)
                I know the future. Come inside…I'll show you…your destiny, John Sheppard!

So...... the die in the desert, it that referring to spike or shep or both. And in this delirious state he is in do you think it is possible that he was seeing the future? Their brains are obviously developed differently than humans if they can use telepathy, so why not see the future when in a "abnormal" state.
                thoughts??
                sigpic

Comment

A few new Todd pictures from Enemy At The Gate.

Spoiler:
                  Last edited by naamiaiset; 05 January 2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
                    Question about vegas
                    Spoiler:

From transcript:
                    TODD
                    Defiance tastes like life itself. No river. No water. Die in the desert. Darkness all around. The harvest moon is rising. Wraith are never-ending.

So...... the die in the desert, it that referring to spike or shep or both. And in this delirious state he is in do you think it is possible that he was seeing the future? Their brains are obviously developed differently than humans if they can use telepathy, so why not see the future when in a "abnormal" state.
                    thoughts??
                    I hadn't really thought of Todd's words in that way, but that is a very interesting way to look at it. I thought
                    Spoiler:
                    Todd was telepathically linked with the other Wraith and he was essentially "seeing" through the other Wraith's eyes and voicing the other Wraith's thoughts. But his words do also presage Spike and Sheppard's final scene. Both were defiant. The final scene did take place in twilight. Now you have me thinking about it again. Maybe Rob Cooper will be willing to give us an answer as to what he intended in that scene with Todd. Heck, he's the writer, so he would know best. Of course, until then we can continue to speculate!
                    Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

There have been and still are plenty of human tribes (eg south american natives, maori, etc) who are prdominantly hunters and could therefore be considered "predators" - but, like Wraith, they decorate their bodies and braid their hair - this is the earliest form of art known to mankind.
                      We may be talking about Wraithkind here on this thread, but it's STILL art!
                      You're right!

I would like to hear their music. Judging by the last episode it should be much nicer than Klingon opera!
                      At least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                        Really?
                        yeah. I know it's silly, and that art has nothing to do with the "menu" but higher brain functions, and, perhaps, the mating rituals.
                        However, people who see the Wraith as the monsters, simply cannot accept the possibility of them having the art.
                        Sad, really.

Comment

Hey all!

Long time no see.

A lot has happened since I was last here, most noticeable the 200 more posts!
                          I don't think I'm gonna be able to go through them all. Anything interesting happen?

Comment

You're right!

I would like to hear their music. Judging by the last episode it should be much nicer than Klingon opera!
                            At least to me.
                            Heavy metal rock IMHO! Although I can imagine Todd appreciating classical
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by masterling View Post
                              Question about vegas
                              Spoiler:

From transcript:
                              TODD

thoughts??
                              I just caught that as well on my last viewing of the ep. Only I was thinking more of it referring to Shep, not Spike, but you're right it does seem to refer to both. I'd like to think that this is an additional ability, even if it is only brought on by Todd's condition.

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                              A few new Todd pictures from Enemy At The Gate.

Spoiler:
                              *squeeee!* Thank you so much for posting those, Naami! I can't help it, I think he's cute in that grey jumpsuit.

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                              Hey all!

Long time no see.

A lot has happened since I was last here, most noticeable the 200 more posts!
                              I don't think I'm gonna be able to go through them all. Anything interesting happen?

More of the same basically - thunking, whumping and stumping. Lots of theorizing and speculating, etc, etc. The most recent "issue" you missed was discussing whether or not the Wraith in Vegas (Spike) did or did not have nipples. If you have any Wraith questions, Joe Mallozzi is taking questions on his blog for Rob C. Cooper who seems to be originator of the Wraith.

mfw
                              Last edited by MyFavoriteWraith; 05 January 2009, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Heavy metal rock IMHO! Although I can imagine Todd appreciating classical
                                Funny, I posted in another thread the types of music I think would better suit the Wraith would be Classical and Metal.

May be I am projecting because I love both.
                                sigpic
                                Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                                Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Working...
                                X