Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starry Waters View Post
    Questions for the next visit from Tyler/Tubbs:

1. I think someone already asked if it was ever explained what the extra nostrils are for...any ideas? (In case he’s thought of an answer since being asked.) - by dasNdanger

2. Are the facial tattoos painted on or part of the mask? - by dasNdanger

3. Are the Wraith tattoos washable? Meaning, do they always have them on, or can they wash them off if they don't want them anymore? We've seen tattoos disappear, so hence the question. - by GoSpikey

4. Does the tattoo regenerate with every feeding session? Or perhaps a Wraith tattoo isn't put in the skin with some kind of ink, but rather on with another substance? - by GoSpikey

5. What are the tattoos supposed to mean? Wraith characters, something that reminds them on what they love, or something they design themselves? - by Gospikey

6. Do you have any idea on how old your character is supposed to be? It seems logical that about every Wraith we've seen so far is older than 10,000 years old, with them hibernating for hundreds of years at a time. - by GoSpikey

7. What's Kenny's top 5 of Lantean snacks? So, which people would he most prefer to feed on, and in what order? Would he save the best for last? - by GoSpikey

8. How long does a Wraith stand in front of a mirror each day? We'd love to see their morning rituals. - by Gospikey

9. Do Wraith sleep like humans or do their hibernation cylces replace their need for sleep? - Starry Waters

10. How did you like having the long hair - and did it make you feel or act any different? -das

11. Now that you've experienced [endured?] the Wraith make-up process, would you readily tackle another role that involved extensive prosthetics? - das
    Poor Tyler - he's gonna look at some of these questions and say, "I'm not a Wraith, I just play one on TV..."

das
    sigpic

Comment

I do it a little different. I left click the mulitple quote (") buttons in all the posts I want to use and then click the quote button on the last one as well. It all pops up quite nicely in the window then.
      Ahh, I didn't realise you could do that! *Hides*

Nice gifts. I'd still like to have a naked Wraith under the tree though. *pouts* (Oops, wrong thread!)
      I wouldn't have him under the tree though...

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      Poor Tyler - he's gonna look at some of these questions and say, "I'm not a Wraith, I just play one on TV..."

das
      Do you think he'll ever want to be a Wraith again after he's seen these?

Comment

Originally posted by Fandom Addict View Post

Do you think he'll ever want to be a Wraith again after he's seen these?
        I think as long as we don't ask the 'boxers or briefs' question, we're safe.

Anyone see Bam Bam's response to that one??

Originally posted by 2BAM
        Some wraiths go commando....but....I can only speak for myself.

das
        sigpic

Comment

I think as long as we don't ask the 'boxers or briefs' question, we're safe.

Anyone see Bam Bam's response to that one??

das
          Was that the inspiration for your sig pic?

Comment

Who's Bam Bam?
            sigpic
            Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

das
              I would imagine that he'll just ignore any questions he doesn't want to answer or doesn't have an answer for. I guess we probably should ask less Wraith centric questions though. LOL
              sigpic
              Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Who's Bam Bam?
                Bam Bam is the stunt/fight Coordinator for SG1 and SGA

Comment

No, but it fits!

Who's Bam Bam?
                  He's also played a few Wraith, including the Wraith in Phantoms, and the one in Sateda who fights in the dark room with Ronon (goggle boy - but goggle boy above ground is a different actor, below ground it's Bam Bam). He's been others, too...but mostly guys in the background who you really don't get to see well. There is a Q&A thread for him in the General Discussion forum - he stops by now and then and answers our questions.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

No, but it fits!

He's also played a few Wraith, including the Wraith in Phantoms, and the one in Sateda who fights in the dark room with Ronon (goggle boy - but goggle boy above ground is a different actor, below ground it's Bam Bam). He's been others, too...but mostly guys in the background who you really don't get to see well. There is a Q&A thread for him in the General Discussion forum - he stops by now and then and answers our questions.

das
                    Yes, he was a very hawwwt Wraith in 'Phantoms' even if he was only an imaginary Wraith. He's not a bad looking human either. lol
                    Btw, I think I may already have an answer to how the tattoos are applied. On the Season 3 DVD set - which I watched ALL of last night (%^#& snow & ice!)- there is a feature called "Masters of the Alien" (Disc 4). It's about Todd Masters, natch, and his team. It shows how they make the face casts, mask mold, apply the pieces to make a whole mask, etc. etc. It appears that they reapply the tattoos each time. In fact, I wonder if they don't make multiple pieces from the face cast of each person, as it appears the entire mask would be destroyed each time they take it off the actor. Chris/Todd show up a few times but it's mostly about Dan Payne's process for the Sateda uberwraith and then Sheppard's aging in "Common Ground". (Dan Payne is hilarious, btw.) I loved it. It made my heart ache a little because this is what I've always dreamed of doing. I wouldn't even mind the hours!
                    Doh, almost forgot. They show a bunch of full-head casts that they did and Chris' is instantly recognizable. It's eerie! So check it out if you can.

mfw

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
                      Yes, he was a very hawwwt Wraith in 'Phantoms' even if he was only an imaginary Wraith. He's not a bad looking human either. lol
                      Btw, I think I may already have an answer to how the tattoos are applied. On the Season 3 DVD set - which I watched ALL of last night (%^#& snow & ice!)- there is a feature called "Masters of the Alien" (Disc 4). It's about Todd Masters, natch, and his team. It shows how they make the face casts, mask mold, apply the pieces to make a whole mask, etc. etc. It appears that they reapply the tattoos each time. In fact, I wonder if they don't make multiple pieces from the face cast of each person, as it appears the entire mask would be destroyed each time they take it off the actor. Chris/Todd show up a few times but it's mostly about Dan Payne's process for the Sateda uberwraith and then Sheppard's aging in "Common Ground". (Dan Payne is hilarious, btw.) I loved it. It made my heart ache a little because this is what I've always dreamed of doing. I wouldn't even mind the hours!
                      Doh, almost forgot. They show a bunch of full-head casts that they did and Chris' is instantly recognizable. It's eerie! So check it out if you can.

mfw

Ya know - I've seen that feature, but didn't pay attention to the tattoo part. I was mostly amazed at how handsome Dan was...

das
                      sigpic

Comment

Whos your favorite wraith?Todd or Steve?

Comment

Mine is Todd and that oueen witch apared in the first episide(Rising part 1)

Comment

Originally posted by Anda View Post
                            Can't I have them both?

Too hard to choose...Steve is just too cool for his own good, smooth, stylish, sexy. However I don't know if I'd want to be in the same room as a hungry Steve (though I might die happy!)

On the other hand Todd is intelligent, interesting, even kind (for a Wraith), I could imagine him being protective and would not be scared to be alone with him even if he was hungry - cos if he thought I could be useful to him, he'd go hungry a little longer!

Yep, they're just too different to choose, so I'll just have to take 'em both!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Anda View Post
                              Very hard question because I love them both for very different reasons.

I love Steve for his sheer elegance. Steve was stunning - beautiful, poised, and he just had the loveliest pout - ever! He also had some great lines for such a small part. I still consider Steve's scenes the best Wraith scenes ever, because so much was put into so little...and James (the actor) just nailed it all (however, the direction in those scenes - the camera work - was excellent too, and certainly added to the effectiveness of the actor).

But I love Todd for his character, his personality. He's much more complex because he's been allowed to be developed, unlike other Wraith characters. He's much different than Steve...he's more handsome than 'pretty', with a very commanding bearing and a great sense of humor. And whereas Steve is immediately physically attractive, Todd is still the sexier of the two. And I can't say enough about Chris' performances...he just brings so much to the character, and - fortunately - has been given the screen time to do so.

But I also have a special soft spot in my heart for 'Edward Sleazyhands', the sleeveless Wraith from The Hive, and now the dry-witted Kenny... "I do not know, I'm not on the ship" is one of my favorite Wraith lines from this season. I also said after the airing of Broken Ties that the Wraith - one we named 'Rhys' - was a new favorite of mine...'pretty' like Steve, but with a twisted little edge, like Sleazy Eddy.

So, each one brings something new to the Wraith, and each one has aspects that I like. I also appreciate the actors who have brought these characters to life...maybe we see a little of them in the portrayals, too. If so, then I'm thinking James is a great pouter, Chris has a great sense of humor, and Tyler just has to give the best aggravated sidelong glances, EVER!

das
                              sigpic

Comment

As always, das you make excellent points.

So since they are ALL gorgeous, there's only one thing for it - I'll just have to become a Queen and make sure I get them ALL in my hive! mwahahaha
                                In fact I re-wrote some song lyrics along those lines, so I thought I might share...

Spoiler:
                                Cos we all just wanna be a bad ass Queen
                                Living in a huge hive and flying 15 darts
                                Where the Wraith are easy and the life force cheap
                                And we’ll all stay skinny cos we just won’t eat
                                And we’ll hang out on the brightest stars
                                With the SGA team a long way from Mars
                                Every worshipper’s gonna wind up there
                                Every high rank commander with his bleach blonde hair
                                And we’ll hide out in the soldier clone pods
                                With the latest retrovirus and iratus bugs
                                It’ll get you anything with that evil smile
                                Everybody’s got a stargate on speed dial and
                                Hey, hey I wanna be a Wraith Queen
                                Hey, hey I wanna be a Wraith Queen

with thanks to Nickelback's I Wanna Be A Rock Star
                                Last edited by Todd's Pet; 26 December 2008, 07:27 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X