Wraith Defenders Club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
    More of the same basically - thunking, whumping and stumping. Lots of theorizing and speculating, etc, etc. The most recent "issue" you missed was discussing whether or not they Wraith in Vegas did or did not have nipples. If you have any Wraith questions, Joe Mallozzi is taking questions on his blog for Rob C. Cooper who seems to be originator of the Wraith.

mfw
    Thanks!
    And LOL funny discussion.
    I'm not sure I really noticed tbh.

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
    Funny, I posted in another thread the types of music I think would better suit the Wraith would be Classical and Metal.

May be I am projecting because I love both.
    I like your thinking.

Comment

Hey, had anyone seen this before? This was my first time finding it on MGM

Spoiler:

Interesting, no? I'm surprised they'd even create and post something like this considering how much they like to remember and disregard of the Wraith's various properties.

Comment

Spoiler:

Interesting, no? I'm surprised they'd even create and post something like this considering how much they like to remember and disregard of the Wraith's various properties.
        I have never seen it, thanks for mentioning it. Yeah, they keep making the Wraith stronger, weaker, simpler, more complex as it suits them. LOL, I don't love Sci-fi for its consistency.
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

This pic just slays me:
          Spoiler:

Look at the expression on Shep's face -er, I guess that would be Flanigan's face, as this is behind-the-scenes. Put a couple of coffee cups next to these guys and they're havin a nice chat in some cafe...with a grip standing around with a boom mike. lol

mfw

Comment

Spoiler:
            http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo105/MFW_albums/still1222366619.jpg

I think I may've posted that a while ago. Who knows.

I think it's amusing that it says "damage resistant" dermal layer and makes light of wraith healing ability, yet wraith die from one or two bullets half the time.
            Last edited by naamiaiset; 05 January 2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
              I think I may've posted that a while ago. Who knows.

I think it's amusing that it says "damage resistant" dermal layer and makes light of wraith healing ability, yet wraith die from one or two bullets half the time.
              I think the military altered the bullets to be more efficient in killing Wraiths the same way the regular bulllets were upgraded to easily kill Goa'uld
              sigpic
              Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
              Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith Cake View Post
                The thing is though, seeing them "realistically" IS defending them--the the true sense.

Part of defending is not to shout the louder: "I THINK THEY'RE BETTER. lalala --not listening.... not listening"
                The whole point of defending is to persuade through reason to reasonable people, people who appreciate reason. I believe it is important to make sure your nay sayers know you are not simply a lollipop fan--someone whose thought patterns are about as deep as a salad bowl, but hopefully help them to understand that you are thoughtful, and are very much aware of the criticism.

Strong arming those who dislike the wraith just makes people resentful and never gives them anything more to think about what you have to say. In fact, if affirms their belief--those who love the wraith are just as senseless as the wraith themselves.

You know the idea, keep your friends close your enemies even closer.

And the fact that the wraith eat people, is a big deal to those who dislike the wraith. This is the whole reason the wraith are the enemies, and why they are the antagonist in the story. Looking at them "realistically" or coming to terms with who they are, means one has taken stock of everything in the "character" inventory--good and bad. When one can look at a character like the wraith realistically, one can also look at the human population realistically.

It gives you ammunition in dealing with those who just bad mouth the wraith. Unless they are as thoughtful as you are, they will simply look foolish and "unreasonable". Also a good story will blur the grey area quite a bit.

WK

PS
                In addition, think about the people we have on this thread--extremely thoughtful people. This is what the wraith inspires and attracts because they are infamously more interesting than the Lantians, definitely more interesting than the Ancients.
                Well this extremely thoughtful person agrees with WK if you are reasonable and don't strong arm those who dislike the Wraith then you should have a reasonable discussion.

Wraith where constructed by human writers so they bring their ideas of what they feel is right and wrong in society.

One of society many taboo's is cannibalism another taboo is killing another sentinel being. Wraith will feed off another Wraith, but to survive they need the right type of sentinel beings--- for them it's humans.

We the viewers apply our ideas of right and wrong to the Wraith. Some people see the Wraith as just plain nasty villains with no redeeming features. But sometimes an "extremely thoughtful" person can see both sides to a character and see the good, bad in a character. So looking realistically at the Wraith, the Ancients and finally the humans in Atlantis they are all as bad or as good as each other. All have good redeeming features and bad ass- features and attitude.

MCH

P.S.
                WK, One thing I do notice is that if you look through this thread there are not many arguments that get out of hand here, but that what you get with extremely thoughtful people who like their Wraith.
                sigpic
                Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

Originally posted by Risem View Post
                  Hey all!

Long time no see.

A lot has happened since I was last here, most noticeable the 200 more posts!
                  I don't think I'm gonna be able to go through them all. Anything interesting happen?

Hi Risem! Welcome back. I don't think I could summarize what has gone on in the last 200 posts. But just jump right in! The recent discussion is mostly about Vegas; have you seen it yet?
                  Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
                    Heavy metal rock IMHO! Although I can imagine Todd appreciating classical
                    Did you ever heard "Totentanz" by Franz Liszt?
                    I would thought that if the Wraith would go for classical music they would go for something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
                      Funny, I posted in another thread the types of music I think would better suit the Wraith would be Classical and Metal.

May be I am projecting because I love both.
                      Or maybe the kind of minds that are attracted to the Wraith also like metal and classical music?!?

Hi Risem, pleased to meet you!

re. Wraith anatomy diagram - the writers seem to forget from one ep to the next what Wraith are/are not meant to be able to do! It's like me writing a 16 chapter fan fic and after finishing chapter 16, not bothering to go back and fix the inconsistencies and plot holes in chapters 4, 7 and 10!

I'd say it's sloppy writing, but I'm assuming they don't sit down and write an entire season in one go, and that perhaps they are under time constraints and so on.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJay View Post
                        hey did you all see this Todd sketch

http://community.livejournal.com/wra...ve/202508.html

MmmmmmmmmmM Now that what I call visit time to the gutter......yeah.....

MCH
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Quite interesting finding. I'm wondering how much is that in conflict with that Becket statement that the Wraith have all organs as we do?
                          The anatomic picture is a tad blurry....

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                            Well this extremely thoughtful person agrees with WK if you are reasonable and don't strong arm those who dislike the Wraith then you should have a reasonable discussion.

Wraith where constructed by human writers so they bring their ideas of what they feel is right and wrong in society.

One of society many taboo's is cannibalism another taboo is killing another sentinel being. Wraith will feed off another Wraith, but to survive they need the right type of sentinel beings--- for them it's humans.

We the viewers apply our ideas of right and wrong to the Wraith. Some people see the Wraith as just plain nasty villains with no redeeming features. But sometimes an "extremely thoughtful" person can see both sides to a character and see the good, bad in a character. So looking realistically at the Wraith, the Ancients and finally the humans in Atlantis they are all as bad or as good as each other. All have good redeeming features and bad ass- features and attitude.

MCH

P.S.
                            WK, One thing I do notice is that if you look through this thread there are not many arguments that get out of hand here, but that what you get with extremely thoughtful people who like their Wraith.

And very well put!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MCH View Post
                              MmmmmmmmmmM Now that what I call visit time to the gutter......yeah.....

MCH
                              YUMMY!!! *thunk*

Well, to be honest I don't really care whether he has working "human" bits or Das's suggested "tendrils/tentacles" - he's just delicious!!!

Besides

Spoiler:
                              I'm sure even if Wraith do not have "moving parts" they have the intelligence to adapt and come up with suitable and interesting alternatives!!!

Ahem, I shall go off and have a cold shower now...
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post

There have been and still are plenty of human tribes (eg south american natives, maori, etc) who are prdominantly hunters and could therefore be considered "predators" - but, like Wraith, they decorate their bodies and braid their hair - this is the earliest form of art known to mankind.
                                We may be talking about Wraithkind here on this thread, but it's STILL art!

Art is art no matter where it is created or displayed or in the case of the Wraith not.... you'll never see it unless you could presuade a Wraith to strip....really must get outa the gutter....

MCH
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X