Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Joe Mallozzi - Spoilers for SG-1 (S8, 9, 10) and SGA (S1, 2, 3)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance that S9 might include a dialogue reference that Jack's retirement is a small step forward for Sam and Jack.....and that they're still in touch with each other regularly?

Comment

Hi Joe ,I'm sure you have been asked this before but here is my question,
      If there was unlimited budgets any actors you can name available, no time limits or constraints of any sort where would you like to take Stargate sg1 and what would they be doing (aprt from visiting Springfield).

Comment

Dear Joe,

I heard the "Joan of Arcadia" was cancelled, SOOOOO, do we get a revisit by Michael Welch as Little Jack?
        Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by JMallozzi
          Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter makes her return in Beach Head to help Stargate Command deal with a galactic threat. Check out the big mid-season two-parter, The Fourth Horseman, in which a certain someone from her past drops in to lend a hand - with poignant consequences.
          Joe - thanks for your time. Can I just ask - the info you provided here on Carter is basically repetitive of what we already know - can you provide some new tidbits that show a compelling story arc for this character in S9 that may get the fans excited about the return of this character. (BTW - has Sean Patrick Flannery been confirmed to reprise his role in The Fourth Horseman?) Thanks.

Comment

No plans to check in on Jonas this year but reports out of Kelowna say he's doing fine.
            You've stated unequivocably, several times on this forum, that you won't be considering having Jonas/Corin back. My question is simple. Why?

I'm not talking about the character because if you can bring people back from the dead, you can certainly find somebody else to do his job on Kelowna. (It's easy enough to explain that he's not needed there anymore.) As for the actor, considering the positive contribution he's made to the show, he deserves a bit more respect, as do his fans. Season 6 was one of the best there has been because of his presence.
            Last edited by Buc252; 22 May 2005, 07:44 PM.
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Thank you, Joe, for your honest comment about the status of S/J in Season 9. At least now we know what not to expect.

However, from what you've said, it sounds like TPTB aren't very concerned about keeping the S/J shippers tuned in for the new season. (For some, it would take as little as a sentence from Carter that she and Jack are together - no appearances by RDA necessary.) Presuming from your comment that that's not going to happen, are they hoping to make up the loss with Farscape fans or simply changing the show to attract a different specific demographic like teenage males? The addition of Vala would certainly lend to that, I'd think.
              Last edited by Buc252; 22 May 2005, 07:58 PM. Reason: Editing because I was asked to do so by a mod.
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Hello Mr. Mallozzi

A few of my fellow Samandans( Sam/Amanda fans) and I were having a little discussion tonight about Lt. Colonel Sam Carter and we were hoping you could answer a question that has had us perplexed. In COTG, Sam stated that she's logged over 100 hours in enemy airspace during the Gulf War. We've seen her co-pilot the X-302 in Redemption as well as fly one in Covenant; however, we don't recall ever seeing Sam with wings on her uniform. Is this an oversight or is there a reason why Sam doesn't have her wings?

Thanks in advance for answering our question,
                ForeverSG1

Comment

Hello Mr. Mallozzi
                  This may have been asked before and i apologise if it has because there are 56 pages to look through and i couldnt be bothered to!!!

What are your feelings about RDA becomeing a reacurring character and not one of the main cast durring Season 9?

Also who is your favourite character/actor???

Comment

Originally Posted by Olli
                    Dear Mr. Malozzi

I'm glad to hear that Carmen Argenziano as Jacob Carter probably will come back to the show. If he come back I think the comeback of Teryl Rothery will be more likely?
                    If you bring back all death characters gradually, the return of Teryl is inevitable, or not?

Best wishes for the show!

Just last week we were discussing a story that (if everything falls into place) might see the possible temporary return of a dearly departed character.

Hi Mr. Malozzi,

thanks for your answer. But this leads to the next question: `temporary´ means recurring, right? I mean if Terly come back to the show it will be a little more familiar with that Stargate-SG1 I was grown up for seven years - and a lot other people too, I think.

Thanks for your time, you and your team make a great job
                    Olli
                    sigpic

Comment

Hi Joe,

This has been bugging me for SO long.

Earth's original Stargate was in Antartica. The gate was buried in Ice, and the Point of Origin for it is that weird, funky cresent shape... As we saw in Solitudes.

The Gate we currently have has the Point of Origin we all know and love... However, since this gate was brought to earth by Ra, wouldn't the PoO be out of sync with the rest of the gate network since this PoO applies to a particular planet, not Earth... In the Lost City Jack said that the Å symbol means "At"... But that shouldn't apply to this gate since it isn't Earth's original gate... Come to think about it, when the gate discovered in Giza was blown up by Anubis, and the Russian Gate replaced it, yet that has the PoO of Å too... Where did the funky cresent PoO go? Somehow I doubt our current level of technology allows us to change the symbols so easily, especially since it is Naquadah...

Also, will we ever learn where our original Stargate with the Å came from? I always thought it would be an awesome story to discover a reference to the world the gate was taken from and actually go there... Maybe discover that when Ra stole the gate, it had dire consequences.......

BTW, kudos on snapping up Ben Browder for the show. He is one damn good actor and a really classy guy. I am really looking forward to S9 premiere.

Comment

Hi Joe,

I would like to refer to a interview by Chris Judge that I just read. He says something like it's going to be like a "new" show.

Is this an acaruate defination of season 9?

Thanks
                        Janna Galaxy, Queen of The Gods
                        The Strongest Will Survive!
                        I'll Be The One To Save Us All!

Comment

Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter makes her return in Beach Head to help Stargate Command deal with a galactic threat. Check out the big mid-season two-parter, The Fourth Horseman, in which a certain someone from her past drops in to lend a hand - with poignant consequences.
                          Is Sean Patrick Flannery coming back? Spoilers indicated the return of Orlin, but said he was not yet confirmed. Am I too quick in getting my hopes up?
                          Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Hey Joe, I just looked up the dictionary.com definition of Beachhead:

# A position on an enemy shoreline captured by troops in advance of an invading force.
                            # A first achievement that opens the way for further developments; a foothold

I couldn't come to any conclusion about what the biggest threat to the galaxy is (It wouldn't make sense to be the Ori, they've already been established...) I was thinking it's an extra-galactic threat based on where I suspect Sam to be in the first 5 episodes. (Somewhere far, far away, as you said) The definition would make it seem like something coming into the galaxy (beach), taking over some systems (beachhead) and awaiting the invasion force.

Unfortunately that damned word 'foothold' got me thinking about my favourite aliens (who were also extragalactic). So my question is, after all this rambling, will this threat be new or known? (Such a simple question, I'm sure you'll dodge it though )

Comment

What will the credit line up be this season and will Amanda Tapping be credited in the line-up during her meternity leave.
                              Will the line up be...
                              STARGATE SG-1
                              Ben Browder
                              Amanda Tapping
                              Christopher Judge
                              Beau Bridges
                              and Michael Shanks as "Dr. Daniel Jackson"

Comment

Hi Joe,

In 'Revelations' it's said that the Asgard turned to cloning nearly 1000 years ago when they were unable to reproduce sexually. It seems something happened to start this as it was also said that they lack genetic diversity. So 1000 years to a whole Race would be nothing considering before this problem started there would be tons of the little guys running around.

This seems to be 'Sterility' related. I know that the Aschen when SG-1 first encountered them didn't have much knowledge about the Stargate, So the best chance of meeting the Asgard would have been if the Asgard had originally met them via ship at one of their planets. So could the Aschen Virus or the perhaps an original strain of it from another race be the culprit for the lack of sexual reproduction in the Asgard race.... If not then are you able to say why they turned to cloning in the first place.

Thanks..
                                Last edited by J_B; 28 May 2005, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X