• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iBorg
    cannon-launched missiles.
    I believe I have already suggested this

Comment

yeah ur points about the safty of nucks is true but i still say u should look into firing them at high speed rather than just realing on numbers alone a nuck fired at mach 9 at a wraith ship should improve the odds of a kill as u have to add in the knetic force of the impact as well as the actual blast itself. After all geting close to a wraith ship is not recomended better to be able to take them down at a distance. Larger versions of the rail cannon combined with some for of rail launch weapon of mass disruction should make our ships outclass the wraith. The rail batteries should be able to take down cruisers while the main rail launched missle weapons in a pair if standard nucks at mach 9 should be able to take out a wraith hive ship espicaly with the added effect of the impact of the missle at those kind of speeds. or we could do it drone style with a wave of smaller missles either of the tacticle nuck or some form of high power energy like plasma could just use the speed of the rail launch and size to make them extremly hard to take down.
      Ps yes nucks are safe i know but theres allways the sabatge option or the fact that its a hell of alot of radioactive matterial so the crew would die of that instead of an explosion.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
      O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

I think all these ideas are very good, but they seem like overkill. a large enough projectile from a rail gun can deliver as much if not more power than a tactical nuke, and would be more than enough to tear up an unshielded wraith ship. i say strap some bigger rail guns on the deddy and bye bye wraith
        Those who know the truth must rise up boldly and be a light into the darkness, if the truth bearers stay quiet, then the lost are already gone.

Comment

Yes, firing at higher speeds would be very effective too.

Owen Macri

Comment

K it may sound like overkill but the factored in missles firing at mach 9 with advanced war heads is taking in to acount that to take down a shield u have to overwelm it and the more energy u through at it the better and for the use of any sheild bypassing tech it would be have to be missle based cause of the power requirements. So im going for a ship that could take on a wraith fleet or sheilded ships if it ever hat to. The rail guns give u a automatic weapon that can deal out significant damage and a rail fired nuck or advanced energy weapon gives u a more effective weapon against sheilding the ability to upgrade if there was a advancement in sheild perentration tech just shange the missles round both cheap and quickly, cause the ship does not need additional systems.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."

Comment

I have no problem with overkill, it is better to be safe than sorry, so if I had to pick between a standard rail gun and a enhanced to mach 9 rail gun altered to fire nuclear warheads, I would take the enhaced one

Owen Macri

Comment

you should relize that a railgun fires thousands of shots...we dont have 1000's and 1000's of nukes just sitting around and ready for space. so like many have said me included. just make a bigger rail gun that goes faster and has bigger slugs and bye bye wraith as Colonel Williams said.

Comment

Yeah but a rail gun and a rail launcher use the same tech but the laucher is not atomuatic due to the fact that it would be a one shot kill weapon firing a large object with alot of mass where as a larger rail gun still amtoumatic is a bonbardment weapon muiltipul shots in order to kill but uses its speed to deliver them quichly in succestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo
                    you should relize that a railgun fires thousands of shots...we dont have 1000's and 1000's of nukes just sitting around and ready for space. so like many have said me included. just make a bigger rail gun that goes faster and has bigger slugs and bye bye wraith as Colonel Williams said.
                    We don't need ten thousand nukes per rail gun, instead of using a the customized rail guns as actually multiple shot per second guns, we could use them as launchers to fire nukes. With the technology that we have encountered it would be no probelm to build billions of nukes almost effortlessly, the Stargate could be used to do so.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                      We don't need ten thousand nukes per rail gun, instead of using a the customized rail guns as actually multiple shot per second guns, we could use them as launchers to fire nukes. With the technology that we have encountered it would be no probelm to build billions of nukes almost effortlessly, the Stargate could be used to do so.

Owen Macri
                      yeah we could but with the rail launch tech and larger railguns we would not have to build that many as we would have two very effective wepons allowing time to be concentrated on sheild penatration technology.

Comment

Well, I would say that shield penetration technology or phase shifting technology could be built into all of the weapons to allow effortless sheild penetration.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                          Well, I would say that shield penetration technology or phase shifting technology could be built into all of the weapons to allow effortless sheild penetration.

Owen Macri
                          when the tech becomes available so these weapons systems are a long term not a short term messure.

Comment

I guess, they could be long term, however temporary weapons would not hurt until the technology has been near perfected.

Owen Macri

Comment

i meant it would not be difficult to ugrade the tech just change the ammo in the rail gun and launchers to that fited with the sheild penertration tech.

Comment

Just make a rail gun that fires buckyballs filled with anti-matter. Generate anti-carbon and encase it in a spherical fullerene (buckyball) and you don't have to worry about magnetic containment fields or anything else. Because fullerene repels all carbon atoms, the anti-carbon would never make contact with matter and no energy would be released. Since the anti-matter would be in a fullerene sphere, it would hover harmlessly in the center of the buckyball. You could shake that thing like a Magic 8-Ball and it wouldn't blow.

Fullerene is extremely strong so it would be very unlikely that the ordnance would lose containment...at least until it collided with the hull of a Wraith or Goa'uld ship, of course.
                                Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Working...
                                X