Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

True, have three main turrets to house a triple or double mount and you'd have yourself a neat package.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
    - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

i'm a traditionalist, just hitch naquadah enhanved nukes on mini hyperdrive engines as to "jump" throught the sheild of a ship and then boom.

Comment

The nukes could not have mini hyperdrive engines because they would need to use a power source, naqudah is not powerful enough and naquadria is to unstable. Phase shifting technology is alot easier without equiping a hyperspace window generator and some sort of power generator that we have not seen yet, but have the ability to mass produce, to every one of your nukes. With phase shifting technology you would tape a tollan, or equivilent, arm box thing to the side of your nuke, it would be no problem.

Owen Macri

Comment

I do believe Anubis' sheilds stop phase shifting weapons, so the hyperspace option looks better. I'm sure seeing as the missiles will only make short jumps, will only need a small hyperspace window generator.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
          - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

I don't know if this was stated in an episode, but it is possible.

The window generator would need to be incredibly small, then you would also need incredibly small naquadah reactors for each of them too. For every missile you loose a hyperspace window generator and a naquadah reactor. With phase shifting you only loose one piece of technology that looks easy to mass produce. Also if you were short for time, just strap a tollan armband like device onto the missile and fire it as it is, I'm sure it has somekind of timer. With the hyperspace idea you would need pretty much everything built into the missile.

In the long run both ideas would work, and the only way to determine which one is more effective is the amount of effort that would be needed to build each, which could also be the same, with the asgards matter replication technology.

Owen Macri

Comment

The hyper drive would need a Naqaudria reactor. That is what they use on the F-302's for short hyperspace jumps. Naqauda does not produce enough energy for a hyperspace window. Also if Anubis had better shields then he probably used his knowledge of the ancients to build them. I don’t think they will be up against any tech that is that advanced for a while. The Wraith don’t even have shields as far as we know.

Comment

The hyperspace window generators would have to be much smaller.

The Wraith don't seem to advanced, this could be partly because they haven't had a real enemy for ten thousand years.

Owen Macri

Comment

If u mean smaller than the one on the 302's, then yes i would agree

Comment

Ya, definetly smaller.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                      Ya, definetly smaller.

Owen Macri
                      You took the words right out of my mouth

Comment

Lol, that seems to happen a lot around here.

Owen Macri

Comment

maybe you can type alot faster than most of us that might be one of the reasons

Comment

I don't think that I can type very much faster than anyone else, there are probably a bunch of people that can type a lot faster than me.

In this particular case it was simply that I saw the post first, your post came 10 minutes after mine, if you do not know, and are wondering, you can see the time and date of the post in the top left hand corner.

Owen Macri

Comment

well u got a good point i forget to look sometimes
                              Last edited by Col. Newman; 18 May 2005, 07:55 PM.

Comment

I like the idea of hyperspace torpedos.... you wouldn't really need a warhead (just detonate the powersource), plus they could follow ships as they try to fleeeeeee.

As to the feasability, I suspect the power required to open a hyperspace window is directly propertional to the mass of the object being moved, so a "small" (say, 7 feet long) torpedo probably wouldn't need an overly large generator anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X