This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Major Tyler
    but from a marketing point of view I think it would be a mistake for TPTB to "borrow" more ideas from Star Trek. I want Stargate to retain it's uniqueness. I always felt that the replicators in Star Trek were such a copout.
    why does every one think that the TPTB copyed the replicators from the Borg god it is so annoying they might have got the idea from that but hey the reppys are totally different from the borg

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "always." I simply said that, in theory it could be done, you just simulate the actual matter going through the gate. You deactivate either the event horizon or scanning properties of it. Then you transfer the information that would normaly be transfered to the recieveing gate detailing the matter that has entered as well as sufficient energy to complete the structure.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
        I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "always."
        I was referring to this quote...
        Now if we discovered some nice matter replication technology, we could have as many drones as we want. However we could always reconfigure the stargate to create matter.
        The way this is phrased made it sound like what you are proposing is easy and almost commonplace at the SGC. You can understand why I was perplexed because, having seen every single episode to date of both Stargate series, I have never heard anyone once even mention the possibility of using the Stargate to "create matter."
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Oh, ok, no I just meant always in the context of, if worst comes to worst we could use the Stargate because it is possible, not they allways do it at the SGC. Sorry about that.

Owen Macri

Comment

Oh, ok, no I just meant always in the context of, if worst comes to worst we could use the Stargate because it is possible, not they allways do it at the SGC. Sorry about that.
            Okay, I got ya. I've said it many times...text-only communication is very imprecise.
            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Ya, now if someone could create a speech forum where you can leave audio posts, that would be cool I would join in no time!

Owen Macri

Comment

ive got an idea for a weapon the ags drone as the omnipedia calls it. if you had 20 at the front that would be scary.Bye bye wraith.
                Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

U mean the AG-3 drone the statilet weapon that danille sees in that episod when shifu is trying to teach him a lesson if so no one knows whether that tech can be created or if it was just to prove shifus point.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                  O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Lol, that network was pretty cool, but don't forget to phase shift your drones, as well as install multiple redundant shield systems, and flawless inertial dampners, even though there is no one inside, you wouldn't want the liquified naquadah to be shaken around. lol.

Owne Macri

Comment

On aphophis supership they had the ag-3 drone.Why do you need to phase shift them just give them a cloak.
                      Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.

Comment

Really where did u read that?

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                        O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

If you watch it when the weapon powers up it looks suspicously similiar and all the beams combine to form a superbolt like in the dream and finnaly the bolt is increadily powerful the same type of powerful you would expect from the ags.

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
                            On aphophis supership they had the ag-3 drone.Why do you need to phase shift them just give them a cloak.
                            A cloak can shield them from most eyesight, and from some sensors, but it will not protect, or stop weapons fire, phase-shifting would.

Owen Macri

Comment

So would a shield but good point Owen i didnt think of that.

Comment

Well, yes, a shield would always be a good back up, but if it ever failed it would leave you completley open, however, all systems have thier bugs but if they are combined the chance of failure is much, MUCH smaller.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                                X