This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darren/Mods:

Any way to do a front page article listing the addresses to write to for complaints, "bring it back", etc.? The Evil Suits can always shut down email when it gets crazy, but physical letters have to be "touched" by someone, even if they don't want 'em.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
      I know it's silly because it's "just a TV show" but I'm about two seconds away from tears.

Ok, one second...

I'm surprised it hit me this hard. It's been a definate possibility for a while now but...it still hurts.
      Ditto on that, and I agree with bikerchic1977's post above, S10 was deffinately picking up, I started to watch SG1 again after I stopped watching it half way through S9. I hate scifi so much, I'll be more than willing to join any campaign to keep SG1 going, I'd start a petition myself but I'm no good at writing the description bit.

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
        Still hasn't completely sunk in for me.

I've been watching SG-1 since I was ten years old. WTF!?
        I know what you mean. I practically grew up watching this show for ten years.

Love the Lorne | The F.O.R.D shall rule the earth.... | Fly boys do it in the air
        Quirk - The Paul McGillion fanlisting | Grace - The Rachel Luttrell fanlisting

Comment

Damn does it suck, I hope Jonas returns before episode 20.

I know you are going to be mad at me for this, but there is only one good thing to come out of this, and that is: We can finally get that long anticipated Movie (the one that's been in the works since Season 5) we've been waiting for.

If Jonas doesn't returns in the Series Finale, I hope he returns in the Movie, the same goes for RDA/Jack.

*Goes off and morns the cancellation SG-1*
          sigpic

Comment

Have a piece of "pie" SciFi!!!
            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I thought I would try and post early for once and be positive about this, but it seems people have over looked what I wrote.

MGM STILL WANTS TO CONTINUE WITH THE SHOW!

They are the ones who make it, not Sci fi channel. All MGM need to do is find another channel so all is not lost yet. Everybody is so negative, its only a TV show.

Comment

Blessed are those who walk in unison.

Atlantis needs SG1, I know people say otherwise but I don't forsee it surviving to a Season 5 without SG1 as a lead-in

Comment

Okay, it's sad and I understand why everyone seems so upset. But honestly, I was expecting it.

I'm happy for the renewal of SGA though. I hope it means TPTB will focus on SGA now. Good thing IMO.

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone in the cast and crew of SG1 for the ten years they gave us.
                  Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                    Blessed are those who walk in unison.

Atlantis needs SG1, I know people say otherwise but I don't forsee it surviving to a Season 5 without SG1 as a lead-in
                    I can't see it lasting long either, it's just not up to the same quality as SG-1. An average SG-1 episode IMO is as good as a very good Atlantis episode. The Wraith and Asurans just aren't as good villains as the Ori and Goa'uld.

Comment

I must chime in with this news announcement, please allow me the floor

Ok, first thing that hit my mind was "Well, it isn't a surprise or shocking". The reason that popped into my mind is because honestly they were thinking the series would end several seasons ago, in fact, they wrote many finales (as we all know) as if those were the last, and apparently they kept doing it thinking each season would be the last.

For Season 9 and 10 though they went with a different approach, don't worry when the series will end, just write episodes thinking it will continue. Unfortunately, now they've gotten themselves into a corner, because this time it really appears Season 10 is the last.

10 years is a DAMN GOOD RUN, you cannot complain. BUT, because they changed the format over to instead of "writing each season like it is the last" to "lets' write it like it will keep going" they now have no proper proper ending.

SG-1 as long as it has been on and as many loyal fans as it has deserves a proper send off. The problem is, with Season 10 being the last and Season 10 already filmed mostly and stories set for every episode, that leaves no room to finish the series properly.

I wish SCIFI would have given them a little more warning. For example they should have said OK, you get a Season 11 but that will be it, the end, then you are off the air. That would have given them plenty of time to wrap up the series PROPERLY.

As it is now I fear we will not get a good ending and send off for SG-1

The ONLY hope is that there will be more crossovers with Atlantis, i.e. having SG-1 cast over there frequently in order to let us know what they are doing in the "SG-1 world" and then continue with an SG-1 movie. Perhaps the movie can deal with making the gate public? Would be great and get to that story line that we all know must happen. There isn't time to do it on the series now, but they could do it in a movie.

This made me happy reading this from the article:

What is to come? Both the producers and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer have expressed a desire to continue the hit franchise with not just Stargate Atlantis, but something new in the future -- be it an SG-1 feature film or TV mini-series, or a third television show.
                      There is possibility for more and I doubt this will be the end for SG-1.

I'm not concerned about the franchise, Atlantis is on the air, and there could be a movie or another series.

What I'm mostly concerned about is that we will NOT get a proper ending/send-off of SG-1 the TV series, and that makes me sad
                      Dr. Rodney McKay to Major John Sheppard: "The Romancing the Alien Priestess.... It's very 1967 of you."

Comment

Originally posted by NikonUser
                        This is a sad day for the Stargate universe. I can only hope that Spike or USA, FX, or some other network will pick it up. Then again, would watching SG1 or Spike and Atlantis on SciFi work? Could MGM pull Atlantis and put it with SG1 if SG1 found a new home? I wonder...

Buffy and Angel managed it while both being on different networks, I don`t see why SG-1 and Atlantis couldn`t, although I don`t think it will happen.

Most networks want to run brand new shows that they can advertise the crap out of. SG-1 has become almost TV wallpaper and barring another major revamp I don`t see any network wanting to pump the necessary money into the show.

I`d rather have it cancelled now that have it continue on a network that makes them run the show on a shoestring budget.

Comment

Ok, seriously, I'm as mad as everyone else, but for the love of god stop saying you're all going to stop watching Atlantis just to teach sci-fi a lesson! I love Atlantis, and don't want to see it suffer at the hands of misguided shipper retaliation.

Yes it sucks. No it's not Atlantis' fault that it's carrying on and SG-1 isn't.
                          Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

I think that with SG1 off the air, Atlantis will finally come into it's own.

I also read somewhere that the current head of Showtime likes SG1 a lot...s here's hoping SG1 can move back to Showtime.
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

OMG.... OMG!!!!..

This is.....

I have no words.... 10 years....
                              I'm not so surprised, but, I didn't think it happen so soon!.....

sigpic
                              ----------------------------
                              Stars are not the limit.....
                              The galaxies are not the limit....
                              Your imagination have the last word...

----------------------------

Raziel...

Comment

You know.....even though I'm not surprised I'm still sad. *hugs to everyone feeling blue* This show was a great escape a few years ago when I was going thru some tough times. I'll always love it.

I hope this at least gives them a chance to write a FABULOUS season finale that ties up some of the dangling storylines. But did they really break the news right before the big 200th party? Jeez, that's cold. I hope they all toasted their long run at the party anyway and had a great time.

Rather than the series getting picked up elsewhere I'd rather see them come back with a strong miniseries next year. With RDA's participation I think it could be successful. It would also give them time to recharge their creative batteries a bit.

I'll still watch Atlantis although I don't think I'll ever love that show the way I loved SG-1.

SG-1 has had an excellent run - not many series go this long. Thanks for all the good times.
                                Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Working...
                                X