Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a very big shock when i logged onto gateworld. I felt my stomach invert when i saw it. Well heres to hopeing Altantis has a ten season run and we finally get our SG1 movie!
    Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

This is truly unbelievable. They didn't even give iTunes a chance to work, build some new audience. After 6 episodes they just killed it. Dumb dumb dumb... Personally, I don't believe the show lost 30% of the audience in a single season, something is wrong with the ratings. I'll bet you more than half of SG1's audience watches the show on Tivo of some other DVR.

SciFi did this, in my opinion, because Eureka is pulling such high numbers that they really think the network needs more shows like it than SG1. I bet if they put Eureka on Friday you'd see the same 1.4 ratings. SciFi could have at least moved it back to 8PM where it belongs, or even on a different night.

Season 10 is great so far, but I'll admit that I didn't like 200 much, my wife did though. And the Baal episode was okay, but I think most people want more Ori storylines.

This is a sad day for the Stargate universe. I can only hope that Spike or USA, FX, or some other network will pick it up. Then again, would watching SG1 or Spike and Atlantis on SciFi work? Could MGM pull Atlantis and put it with SG1 if SG1 found a new home? I wonder...

Originally posted by falcon7197
      Couldn't they have just moved it back to 8pm to see how it does there? I actually prefered it at 8 o'clock. This seems too fast for this to be true. And I would think that some of the sucess of Atlantis is in part to the appearance of characters from SG-1. Who runs the "Multichannel News" anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        http://www.multichannel.com/article/...=Breaking+News

The announcement came in sometime before cast, crew and executives gathered to celebrate the historic airing (of 200) at a Saturday-evening bash.
        Okay, now that's just plain rude.
        Last edited by DEM; 21 August 2006, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Thats it, I'm no longer watching Scifi. I'll watch BSG on DVD.

Comment

This is what happens when you set your favorites page to the forum instead of the main page. I suddenly see threads about petitions and Save SG1, and I'm thinking "step back, wait until the actual cancellation comes." Talk about being out of the loop.

Considering the amount of shows I've liked that got cancelled within 5 or 6 episodes, I can't say I'm upset. And, since this is a hot button topic (what isn't) I'll add that this is merely my opinion and in no way a shot at anyone who is upset with the cancellation.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia
              And the fact that they only take their statistics from that is gorram ridiculous considering the huge worldwide audience that obtain the episodes immediately after they're aired in the States anyway.

I'm in shock. *eyes very wide*

Guess I'll have plenty of time to catch up the episodes I've missed though, now. Thank goodness my obsession is with Atlantis and not SG-1... I'm a fan, I admit... but stuff happens. Third show I fangirl that's been cancelled-- first Farscape, then Firefly, now SG-1? Damn.
              On Mediadis.com, belgian dvd seller site, it's only 10 day out and already season nine is the first of the top ten sold.
              SHEPPARD: It was on the mensa test
              MCKAY: You’re a member of mensa?
              SHEPPARD: No I took the test. *grins*
              MCKAY: *disbelieving* When?
              SHEPPARD: You wanna talk about this now rodney?
              Italian Guide to SG1 ad SGA

Comment

they did it with farscape and now stargate sg1

Comment

I'm going to put this in polite language to ensure that no mods are offended. Feel free to replace certain words.

I am deeply, deeply saddened by the somewhat strange and irritating decision to cancel this fantastic show. Moreover, I would like to express a wish that those responsible should stop examing their own anuses and wake up to the fact that the Nielsen system is a large pile of bovine excrement.
                  Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

im gony kill them all arrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO how could they do this???????

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
                        I'm going to put this in polite language to ensure that no mods are offended. Feel free to replace certain words.

I am deeply, deeply saddened by the somewhat strange and irritating decision to cancel this fantastic show. Moreover, I would like to express a wish that those responsible should stop examing their own anuses and wake up to the fact that the Nielsen system is a large pile of bovine excrement.
                        *laughing* I prefer the version you posted in your comment on my LiveJournal, dude.

Comment

SciFi needed to experiment a bit with their lineup. SG1 had a lead in of "Night Stalker" which is one of the worst shows I've ever seen. If Eureka had been tried in that 8:00 p.m. spot, it might have made for a really fun Friday evening.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Let me remind people

Yes, this news sucks. Yes it's sad. Yes, it's anger inducing

but let's NOT descend into cursing,yelling, raving and insulting.

Feel free to express your discontent and anger, but KEEP IT WITHIN THE RULES

keep the language pg and do not threaten anyone. There is no singular cause for this event, if there was then the various issues the show has had woudl be easy to fix
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Shouldn't they have at the very least waited to see how much of a boost '200' gave the ratings after all the publicity for it?

Comment

OMG IT'S "ANGEL" ALL OVER AGAIN!

Way to be a downer, SKIFFY!

*starts hyperventilating*

There's only us,
                                There's only this
                                Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
                                No other road,
                                No other way
                                No day but today...

Comment

Working...