This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrackedButter
    MGM still want the show to continue so its not all bad news, they just need a channel to air it on.

Here's hoping.

Then again I don't understand why its that important if its shown in another 119 countries around the world?
    Because the ****ING American channel has the first rights...
    T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Sci Fi is going to pay, dearly. The SaveSG1 Campaign starts here my friends, we're gonna show Sci Fi and all other channels what they're missing if they cancel SG1 for good.

**** THE SCI FI CHANNEL!!!!

Comment

i'm (somewhat) surprised, but more sad, really.

but another network may still pick it up. right? right??

*sigh*

Comment

Well I'm not surprised. TPTB deserve it after coming up with the disaster that was the 200th ep. It's for the best, before it gets worse. I will no longer miss it. I hardly watched S9 but tried to give S10 a chance, but the last ep was just terrible. They tried too hard to impress fans to save the show and it backfired, even sci-fi was unimpressed.
          sigpic

Comment

If this is a joke it's a sick one. How can they do this
            Lance Corporal Mike Sheppard, SG-2

Chief Petty Officer John Dasani, SG-5

GateWorld Role Playing

Comment

They cancelled the wrong show. I only watch SGA because it follows SG1.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Well SG-1 may be a goner, but one thing that is assured. I know I'll be able to turn on SCI FI for my wrestling fix.

Comment

THEY CANT DO THIS!!! IT WAS GETTING SO GOOD!!! *cries*

sigpic
                  Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                  Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I...can't...believe...this...is...happening... (slowly bleeding to death after a stab in the heart)
                    "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

I knew it was coming when I saw that 1.3.

Sci-Fi channel has done it again; killed a show through terrible advertising and short-sightedness. The fact is, it should have been rebranded as "Stargate Command" but they figured they could bank on the established name and hope people could cope with a show without RDA, without System Lords and without Replicators. With a brand new leading man and a brand new enemy. I'm sure there will be all kinds of finger pointing on the boards, and what-if scenarios to be argued about. I think this is all I shall say on the subject though. I'd rather not tarnish a good show's memory with pointless bickering and in-fighting.

The writers knew this was coming, though. Which is why the Ori storyline is so rushed, every season since they came to Sci-Fi they've been on borrowed time and they knew it.

So the season nine/ten haters are getting their wish, somewhat. I doubt they're happy, none of us are about it. We all love SG-1 and in a perfect world, it would go on forever. But we don't live in a perfect world. Vala, Mitchell and Landry will never be given a chance to grow as characters. Then again, a lot of people here never gave them a chance to begin with. Even if they had, twenty episodes isn't long enough to build a character. Whether you loved seasons nine and ten, or hated them, this is still sad news because hope for the future of SG-1 is dashed. The show can't be saved from bad writing, or allowed to let the writing continue to be good for seasons to come, depending on your point of view.

There will be some good to come from this. A feature-length film, a mini-series. . . other acting opportunities for the cast. Of course, all this could be a pipe dream but at the very least, Atlantis will have a chance to stand on it's own two feet.

I'm not happy about this, but it is just a tv show. There are more important things in my life. It entertains me, it lets me escape my hum-drum life, but it doesn't validate me.

I thought it was appropriate that they ended season eight by going fishing. I hope they do something similar with the series finale. Then again, I always enjoyed subtly to bombast, substance to flare. There's nothing the characters deserve more, after beating the bad guys, than go to a lake and have peaceful lives.

Comment

The only good thing about the way it was cancelled is that they should have plenty of time to make the series finale fantastic. They won't have a Farscape ending where it was cancelled on a cliffhanger. I just hope that Atlantis is given a fair shot after SG-1 leaves.

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Originally posted by David
                          Well SG-1 may be a goner, but one thing that is assured. I know I'll be able to turn on SCI FI for my wrestling fix.
                          Beleive it or not but the canceling of SG-1 may be realted to ECW, ECW want more air time about another hour or so I believe.

Comment

And the fact that they only take their statistics from that is gorram ridiculous considering the huge worldwide audience that obtain the episodes immediately after they're aired in the States anyway.

I'm in shock. *eyes very wide*

Guess I'll have plenty of time to catch up the episodes I've missed though, now. Thank goodness my obsession is with Atlantis and not SG-1... I'm a fan, I admit... but stuff happens. Third show I fangirl that's been cancelled-- first Farscape, then Firefly, now SG-1? Damn.

Comment

I got to say that I am really shocked... I didn't think that SciFi would cancel the show with literaly nothing else to replace it!

More than a little shocked here...

Ace
                              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                                They cancelled the wrong show. I only watch SGA because it follows SG1.
                                It would appear we are bookends. I only watch SG1 because of SGA.

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
                                X