Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uhm.. first lemme say... &%#*$#@!#@%*&!!!!

ok now that i got that out.. what are they thinking!! season nine wasn't the best, but season 10 is picking up.. the team dynamic is coming back.. i just got cable so i could legally start watching Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis... and i've even been checking out Eureka to support the scifi channel, since there's not much else on the channel interests me.. they want more viewers??? then advertise the Stargates some.. and i don't mean on the sci-fi channel.. this year is the first time i've noticed ads on after the `Gates aired in syndication.. they did the whole "woohoo, they reached 200" thing but really, if it wasn't for gateworld, i would never had seen anything about it.. and they wonder why the rating aren't there??? brainiacs! *rolls eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
      They cancelled the wrong show. I only watch SGA because it follows SG1.
      Ditto. Once SG-1's gone, I won't be watching Atlantis anymore.

Comment

It seems terribly convienient that its cancelled on the day of 200's broadcast. They obviously believe all fans of the show are naive.

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardBob NoPants
          Shouldn't they have at the very least waited to see how much of a boost '200' gave the ratings after all the publicity for it?
          I don't think SciFi ever intended a season 11, no matter how well season 10 went. They just finished throwing a bunch of money towards Paramount for a bunch of loser reruns and half-baked pilots the regular networks wouldn't touch.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I know it's silly because it's "just a TV show" but I'm about two seconds away from tears.

Ok, one second...

I'm surprised it hit me this hard. It's been a definate possibility for a while now but...it still hurts.
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

Originally posted by GateShip One
              Ditto. Once SG-1's gone, I won't be watching Atlantis anymore.
              Exactly!

**** Sci-Fi!!! How can they do this????!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                I know it's silly because it's "just a TV show" but I'm about two seconds away from tears.

Ok, one second...
                Shares Kleenex box with you.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Still hasn't completely sunk in for me.

I've been watching SG-1 since I was ten years old. WTF!?

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    I read in GW's article that SGA has been renewed. Where did that come from? the article said that the series was "unaffected by the cancellation," but said nothing about a renewal yet. I saw the words "a source" but I won't believe it until I see a press release from SciFi. Sorry, been disappointed too many times by 'sources'.
                    The source is GateWorld's, and must remain anonymous. We expect an official announcement to confirm it this week.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

this is pure evil i say evil!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

As bad news as this is i`m not exactly surprised.

The ratings haven`t been that good so far and the departure of RDA was bound to make them a bit more reluctant about keeping it going.

Look at it this way - SG-1 is the longest running scifi show in history (bar Dr. Who but even thats debatable), its shown in over 100 countries!

SG-1 will go down in history and all good things must come to an end.

I just hope that they end the Ori storyline properly (with a nice epic big budget movie) and that they will now put a bit more writing resource into Atlantis and get that where it should be cos that ain`t too great at the moment either!

Here`s hoping for a third series and many years of Stargate to come.

Comment

these guys are worse than the Goa'uld

Comment

Sci-Fi really wants to alienate its audience. Pulling another Farscape is not a good way to gain new fans. I for one will never watch Sci-Fi again.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                                The source is GateWorld's, and must remain anonymous. We expect an official announcement to confirm it this week.
                                You're saying theres no possible way that your source could be misinformed?

Being in the same business as you, I have dealt with sources who have been mislead or misheard things before

Comment

Working...
                                X