Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    The first movie should deal with the defeat of the Wraith (IMO), but it won't. They're trying to start a franchise of stand alones, but I think people will just get bored if there's no promise of a conclusion in sight. They should wrap up the hanging storylines first and then start with the stand alones IMO.
    Hear, hear.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

BW: No -- I can say only that it will be a movie that will be more accessible to new viewers than something that is trying to resolve dangling threads. It will be, hopefully, more of a stand-alone story

Filler movie? I wish they would use their logic and resolve the the dangling thread before they move on to new story-line. Do we really need multiple no-end-aka-cliffhanger stories happening at the same time?
      .:.
      My Art Blog .:. A J.F. Fan

Comment

At what point did people start using stand alone and filler as synonyms? Because they're not.

Comment

atlantis is known for insane space battles, i want to see a great space battle and a hell of a lot of skirmishes or a few really great ones with out of the box thinking that makes us go "damn that was ****ing clever!" i wouldnt mind giving ideas for that, bringing those ships we lost back and Ford and Todd if they didnt kill him off already.
          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Someone in another thread mentioned something about mini serries instead of movies. I find the idea amazing. Less but biger episodes instead of "look like s..t " movies like the ones they make for SG1.
            It would be great and it might cost them the same. It would also be better for the story arcs this way .
            Spoiler:
            APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
            (YEAR 0 - 100)
            "O thou Sun,
            send me as far over the earth
            as is my pleasure and thine,
            and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
            but never hear anything of bad ones,
            nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

From Joe's blog:-
              Ben writes: “And also where do we sit in terms of getting another SG1 movie?”

Answer: If all goes as planned, we should be filming both the SGA movie and the third SG-1 around the same time next year.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...guest-edition/

Sounds like some good news!! Hopefully we will get some soolid info soon.

Comment

The first movie should deal with the defeat of the Wraith (IMO), but it won't. They're trying to start a franchise of stand alones, but I think people will just get bored if there's no promise of a conclusion in sight. They should wrap up the hanging storylines first and then start with the stand alones IMO.
                I have a feeling the Wraith and Michael storylines will be mostly wrapped up by the season 5 finale Enemy at the Gate, so the first Atlantis movie can be more of a stand-alone like Continuum, instead of a 'finishing a storyline' type movie like Ark of Truth.

sigpic

Comment

i hpe they bring back ford
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                    I have a feeling the Wraith and Michael storylines will be mostly wrapped up by the season 5 finale Enemy at the Gate, so the first Atlantis movie can be more of a stand-alone like Continuum, instead of a 'finishing a storyline' type movie like Ark of Truth.
                    but continuum is kind of a finisher because they are finishing up what happened to baal and all his clones and how he tried to get out of it.
                    kind of

it would be a whole lot nicer if mgm hadnt screwed and cancelled the show out of the blue
                    "There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You cant remake the past. So look ahead or risk getting left behind."

Comment

Originally posted by caesar_sg1 View Post
                      but continuum is kind of a finisher because they are finishing up what happened to baal and all his clones and how he tried to get out of it.
                      kind of
                      Continuum did wrap up Baal's storyline, but I didn't feel that his defeat was as much the focus of the story as the end of the Ori were in Ark of Truth (despite those Replicators getting the way ). So I would consider Continuum to be much more of a standalone movie than Ark of Truth.

I'd like to see the Wraith storyline mostly finished by the season 5 finale, but have the consequences of defeating the Wraith be an important part of the first Atlantis movie. So it could be a 'stand-alone' movie, but it would still continue storylines from the series.

it would be a whole lot nicer if mgm hadnt screwed and cancelled the show out of the blue
                      Yeah, I personally would rather have a SGA season 6 then a SGA movie. But I enjoyed both Ark of Truth and Continuum, so I'm optimistic about also liking the first Atlantis movie.

sigpic

Comment

Small update:

Anais33 a ecrit: “1)Pensez vous que dans le film sur sga, il sera possible de voir des personne disparu dans la série comme Weir ou Ford?”

Responses: 1) Probablement pas.

Translation: It’s unlikely we’ll see Weir or Ford in the Atlantis movie.
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...s-and-mailbag/

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          The Michael arc might be, but Joe Mallozzi has said the Wraith will still be around after the series end.

Comment

At what point did people start using stand alone and filler as synonyms? Because they're not.
                            I agree with you in this case, but since RDA left the franchise, standalones have often equaled filler. I think even tptb have used similar terminology when describing "cheap" (to produce) episodes and/or use of the B-crew.

In SG-1 S1-7 I loved the standalones, that's what made the show great. SG-1 S8-10, some of the standalones were terrible in every sense, imo. Think about Atlantis' Lucius Lavin standalones...
                            sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Why can they not just find someway to put the wraith back to sleep...

Comment

can't wait till it comes out!
                                sigpic

ATLANTIS RULES

Comment

Working...
                                X