The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, who penned the screenplay for the first Iron Man movie, have suggested to MTV Movies that the first Avengers movie, due in 2011, could see the heroes assembled to battle the Hulk.

The very first issue of the comic book in September 1963 saw the trickster Loki manipulate the Hulk into a battle against other superheroes, ending with the Hulk briefly joining the team.

Fergus told MTV that he agreed with The Incredible Hulk director Louis Letterier that Bruce Banner's alter ego would be a good opponent for the film. "I personally like when good-guy characters have to fight each other,” he said. “Good guys going against good guys who both believe in an issue is way more interesting than a villain clearly into evil and I like when former friends become committed enemies.”

http://www.dwscifi.com/news/2603-ave...e-against-hulk

But that's what I got with one the two animated movies made recently. Bruce was trying to control himself when he was the Hulk and ends up bad. Avengers have to fight Hulk. Poor Hulk, so misunderstood.
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Hmm, I am definitely up for seeing this on the big screen.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This should be interesting. I loved Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk and when I found out that they were only the beginning of a huge series of movies that interconnect, I got really excited. I can't wait to see all of them and how they do this. I was never much of a comic book hero fan, but Dark Knight and Iron Man and Incredible Hulk changed that.
        There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus 1 View Post
          This should be interesting. I loved Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk and when I found out that they were only the beginning of a huge series of movies that interconnect, I got really excited. I can't wait to see all of them and how they do this. I was never much of a comic book hero fan, but Dark Knight and Iron Man and Incredible Hulk changed that.
          Me, I have always been a fan of comic book heroes. So all of these movies released over the past few years have been like a dream come true for me.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

You and me both fifth. I was a little too young at the time to really appreciate the Superman movies with Christopher Reeve. I grew up watching those, so it was kind of no big deal.

But the first time I saw a trailer for X Men is probablly one of the most awesome moments of my comic book related life.

And the Hulk would make an awesome villain for the Avengers to go up against. I just really hope that when they get around to doing the movie Downey and Norton are in it.
            Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
              "I personally like when good-guy characters have to fight each other,” he said. “Good guys going against good guys who both believe in an issue is way more interesting than a villain clearly into evil and I like when former friends become committed enemies.”
              I agree with that. Pure good and Evil is so rare. This way makes the characters and their individual stories interesting...
              Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

What are your casting picks for the rest of the avengers?
                Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                Caboose: They could be worse?
                Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Well, aren't they really trying to get the Ultimates franchise onscreen with these movies? I mean, what's the point of having (the BAMF) Samuel L. Jackson playing Nick Fury unless they were aiming directly at the Ultimates? Makes sense, and it'd be a great story - no matter which incarnation of the story they use.

As for the rest of the Avengers/Ultimates... I'm really hoping to not see a big-name actor as Thor. That's really my only requirement.
                  Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Comment

Robert Downey Jr. will play Tony Stark in Marvel Comics' The Avengers.

According to Variety, the actor has agreed a deal with the studio to revive the role for the 2011 superhero project and Iron Man 3.

The Avengers will feature characters Captain America, Thor and The Hulk as well as Iron Man.

Don Cheadle, who recently confirmed that he is replacing Terrence Howard in Iron Man 2, is also onboard with the project.

Iron Man director Jon Favreau will serve as executive producer on the movie.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...-avengers.html

Comment

Wow, that is great news. Thanks for posting that.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Let me squeee! I love Iron Man and I can´t wait to see Avengers - a big crossover - sounds great. But it´s bad that we have to wait that long

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Two more movies and a crossover flick? Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                            Two more movies and a crossover flick? Nice.
                            Indeed it is. These next few years are going to be a great time for movies.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeap, Marvel is really stepping it up now that they have the rights to their own characters! I'm ecstatic that RDJ will at least be doing 3 more movies as Stark. But said to see Howard replaced. Cheadle is an amazing actor, but now I'm used to TH as Rhoady.
                              Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Working...
                              X