Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the movie apparently will be the wrapup for our own Atlantis team, I personally would rather not have any SG-1 characters at all (and frankly, that includes Carter, although I'm sure that's a slim hope at best). I want it to be firmly focused on our own team, Sheppard, Rodney, Teyla, and Ronon. Bringing anyone else in, especially characters like O'Neill and Daniel, would split the focus. There were no Atlantis characters in AoT or Continuum after all.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

» Include Carson and Elizabeth with minimal Keller involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        As the movie apparently will be the wrapup for our own Atlantis team, I personally would rather not have any SG-1 characters at all (and frankly, that includes Carter, although I'm sure that's a slim hope at best). I want it to be firmly focused on our own team, Sheppard, Rodney, Teyla, and Ronon. Bringing anyone else in, especially characters like O'Neill and Daniel, would split the focus. There were no Atlantis characters in AoT or Continuum after all.
        I agree the movie is about Atlantis, not SG-1. however I'm not sure about Sam, it'll probably depend on her part in the season finale. she may appear if her role is vital to the main story. either way I'm looking forward to the tv-movie
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_ofthe_Word View Post
          ahhh somewhere cheaper? =)
          The BBC shoots a lot of stuff in Romania because of cheap production costs, but then travelling from the US you've obviously got a logistical nightmare...plus a cast and crew not wanting to spend at least half their year in Romania. In conclusion, not gonna happen. It's Canada or nowhere.

The key thing for me, and what I loved about the earlier seasons, is that they treat Atlantis as a character in its own right. Not only is it a huge, unpredictable place with its own quirks and foibles, personality, even, but it's full of people all serving vital functions because if something goes wrong, they have nowhere else to turn, nowhere else to go. Everyone has to muck in and contribute. That sense of interdependence gave the show a really nice tone, and their isolation gave it a sense of urgency. It was why Kavanaugh caused such great friction, because if someone didn't play their part, it really would be disastrous. If they really ramp that up, I think the film will do just fine.
          Last edited by topaz_bean; 21 August 2008, 04:00 PM.
          Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

Originally posted by topaz_bean View Post
            The BBC shoots a lot of stuff in Romania because of cheap production costs, but then travelling from the US you've obviously got a logistical nightmare...plus a cast and crew not wanting to spend at least half their year in Romania. In conclusion, not gonna happen. It's Canada or nowhere.
            » Well, off that point, you always have Mexico.

Comment

I don't mind Keller, as long as she's not front and center. And I want Woolsey too, actually. (Love Woolsey )

I wouldn't mind Carson and Elizabeth being worked in somehow though, if it's done right.

DON'T want Carter. Or Daniel. Or Jack. This is an Atlantis movie. I didn't see Sheppard or Rodney popping up in AoT or Continuum. That's not to say I wouldn't mind a crossover movie sometime in the future, with the right characters. Just not this one. This one should be our wrapup and our goodbye to our team - the Atlantis team.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                » Well, off that point, you always have Mexico.
                Well, you know, move the city to a planet full of cactuses...

Okay, don't get offended if you're from mexico and they don't have cactuses...I just made that up...I'm an ignorant Brit that knows nothing about America...by which I mean North and South...I am not suggesting that Mexico is part of the US...I'll shut up...
                Science fiction movies are weak just where the science fiction novels are strong - on science. But they can supply something the novels can never provide - sensuous elaboration by means of images and sounds. Science fiction films are not about science. They are about disaster.

The Imagination of Disaster, Susan Sontag

This sig is sponsored by Pegasus Fried Human - The Todd's Choice

Comment

From Joe's blog tonight regarding the movie: (spoilered due to some information about the last episode)

Spoiler:
                  Episode 20, Enemy at the Gate, will mark our 100th episode and, contrary to online speculation, we will not be ending things with a cliffhanger. Regardless of whether we got the pick-up or not, we had always planned a clean conclusion to our 100th episode, one that would hopefully leave fans satisfied yet eager for more. And that “more” will come in the form of the Stargate Atlantis movie…

About a month ago, with so much uncertainty about the future of the series, Rob Cooper pitched out the idea of shooting the SGA movie at the end of this season. His thinking was that if the series did end, we would have a movie in hand. If, however, the series was picked up, the “SGA movie” (codenamed Project Twilight) would simply become the opening two episodes of the show’s sixth season. Alas, this notion never got past the consideration stage and, as a result, we won’t be rolling right into it as planned. On the bright side, however, the network has greenlit the movie and we do have a terrific idea in mind. Obviously, I can’t say much about it at this point but suffice it to say that it should include the entire cast in addition to a certain gaunt and pallid flowing-locked guest star. And, if it proves anywhere as successful as the first two SG-1 direct-to-video features, you can be assured that this will be the first in a long, long line of Stargate Atlantis movies.
                  I must be losing it, because I could have sworn that Joe said flat out several times that the last episode WAS a cliffhanger. Oh well. In any case, lest we get derailed into an off-topic coversation, that does change things for the movie considerably.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...l-good-things/
                  - Life after Stargate -
                  sigpic

Comment

"[...]gaunt and pallid flowing-locked guest star."

???

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      "[...]gaunt and pallid flowing-locked guest star."

???
                      Todd?
                      sigpic

Comment

Ah, yeah you're probably right.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          Ah, yeah you're probably right.
                          some people think it's Weir but that's pretty unlikely imo, same for Carson. I certainly expect him to appear in the movie, he just isn't the guest star imo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                            some people think it's Weir but that's pretty unlikely imo, same for Carson. I certainly expect him to appear in the movie, he just isn't the guest star imo
                            Well, it did cross my mind that it could be the frozen FRANWeir, but my first thought was that it's most likely Todd.

I can't figure out how Carson could fit into that description - he's definitely not "flowing-locked." Not to rule him out of the movie, as you said, but I think Todd is our most likely candidate for this particular guest star.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                              That's what I though when I read gaunt, but I doubt Joe would use that word to describe her.

Comment

Well, it did cross my mind that it could be the frozen FRANWeir,
                                mine too but I think the show has moved on, they can't keep bringing her/it back in movies

but my first thought was that it's most likely Todd.

I can't figure out how Carson could fit into that description - he's definitely not "flowing-locked." Not to rule him out of the movie, as you said,
                                Joe said
                                Obviously, I can’t say much about it at this point but suffice it to say that it should include the entire cast in addition to a certain gaunt and pallid flowing-locked guest star.
                                the entire cast = Keller Woolsey + Chuck, Lorne(?)... did I forget someone?

but I think Todd is our most likely candidate for this particular guest star.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X