Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I hear entire cast, I assume the main characters, not the recurring
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Definitely going with Todd on that one. Would love for it to be Weir, all the same, though.

Would be funny if it were Ford and Joe is just horrendous as describing people.

"What do you mean? Ford is plenty pallid!"
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by topaz_bean View Post
        The BBC shoots a lot of stuff in Romania because of cheap production costs, but then travelling from the US you've obviously got a logistical nightmare...plus a cast and crew not wanting to spend at least half their year in Romania. In conclusion, not gonna happen. It's Canada or nowhere.

The key thing for me, and what I loved about the earlier seasons, is that they treat Atlantis as a character in its own right. Not only is it a huge, unpredictable place with its own quirks and foibles, personality, even, but it's full of people all serving vital functions because if something goes wrong, they have nowhere else to turn, nowhere else to go. Everyone has to muck in and contribute. That sense of interdependence gave the show a really nice tone, and their isolation gave it a sense of urgency. It was why Kavanaugh caused such great friction, because if someone didn't play their part, it really would be disastrous. If they really ramp that up, I think the film will do just fine.
        i agree, I want to see more of the city! initially it had almost a "personality", but that was forgotten. We need a city based movie.
        I want the regular cast + todd. Let weir, beckett and ford RIP!!!!!! I want John, Teyla, Ronon, (minimal rodney...pleeeeeeeeeeeeease no whining!) Jennifer, & woolsey. Give us some Radek, Lorne, todd, and Caldwell! And then I'll be happy!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Because the scripts were written, and locations booked, long before they knew they'd been canceled.
          Pretty sure Joe M. said that the 100th episode was NOT going to be a cliffhanger.
          http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
            Todd?
            Todd isn't very gaunt, and he's certainly not charmless or ill, that we know of, so...
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I wouldn't have a problem with the inclusion of Sam in a movie. I loved her chemistry with Sheppard. But I would hope the plot would be team-centered -- Sheppard, McKay, Teyla and Ronon. Period. Woolsey and Keller and Carson would have to be there, I guess, and Lorne and Zelenka, of course, but I would hope that the McKay/Keller stuff would be minimal, and please, God, no Larrin.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                Todd isn't very gaunt, and he's certainly not charmless or ill, that we know of, so...
                Who said anything about charmless or ill?

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  probably lower since it's supposed to be a tv-movie
                  Really? I thought it would be higher since both Sci Fi and MGM would be paying for it...

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    When I hear entire cast, I assume the main characters, not the recurring
                    I think the entire cast includes certain recurring characters like Lorne, Zelenka, Beckett, Chuck etc

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                    so what do you think?

Originally posted by txTart View Post
                    I wouldn't have a problem with the inclusion of Sam in a movie. I loved her chemistry with Sheppard. But I would hope the plot would be team-centered -- Sheppard, McKay, Teyla and Ronon. Period. Woolsey and Keller and Carson would have to be there, I guess, and Lorne and Zelenka, of course, but I would hope that the McKay/Keller stuff would be minimal, and please, God, no Larrin.
                    well said

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Really? I thought it would be higher since both Sci Fi and MGM would be paying for it...
                    hm IDK I guess it's possible
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

It really sucks that they've cancelled. I honestly though SGA was going to go on for much much longer. But now...obviously not .

If they make a movie i really hope Carson is in it. They gotta have that sweethearted Scot .

I'm not sure what they're gonna have for a movie i have a feeling that might be in it...i don't know why. lol Well whatever happens in the movie i hope they make up for the loss of a season 6 and make a good movie like they've done with SG-1 Ark of Truth and Contiuum. Awsome Movies especailly Ark of Truth that was awsome.

What is it with MGM and canceling SG. They canceled SG-1 :Allience the game. When it was almost ready for release. Again....a real shame

Well...no matter what happens i'll always stick by SG.
                      GOODBYE GATEWORLD. BEEN FUN TAKE CARE ALL!!

Comment

Originally posted by FenRiR FoXz View Post
                        That would be a great way to conclude SGA, I really enjoyed 'Peacekeeper Wars'.
                        I loved the Peacekeeper Wars too. It's what got me into Farscape, strangely enough, even though I understood only a fraction of what was going on.

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                        Who do we tink culd guest star? If Amanda Tapping is indeed in the 100th episode then I think they might try and ge her in the movie too, also I hope Chris Heyerdahl is in it as Todd.
                        I'd love to see AT in the movie, though in a supporting role rather than a lead role. She was a SGA regular for a year so I consider her to be more part of the Atlantis cast than any other SG-1 actor, but I think the focus should still be on the main Atlantis team.

sigpic

Comment

If the movie is shot next year I don't think AT would be in it; she's already in Brad's movie and will film for Sanctuary...

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                            If the movie is shot next year I don't think AT would be in it; she's already in Brad's movie and will film for Sanctuary...
                            True, but if they end up filming the SG-1 and SGA movies at the same time she could bounce between sets like she did for season 4 and the first 2 SG-1 films, especially if her role in the SGA movie is supporting rather than as a lead.

But realistically it is a long shot and I'm probably just being delusionally hopeful.

sigpic

Comment

I would love for this movie to be the first of a two parter. AoT had two season to go off of, but this movie will likely be based from the back half of this season. Because they ARE going to do multiple Atlantis movies, I think this would best for flow, and story. Though, I'm sure this won't be the case.

Comment

I vote we bring back Weir! =D lol.

icon pic thanks Cathain Nottingham

Comment

Working...
                                X