Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would much prefer the new villains from the mid season two-parter to be the focus of the first Atlantis movie, seeing that there is all this hype about them and the fact that we wont see them again in any other way due to Atlantis' cancellation.
    Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

You haven't even seen them yet, they could be crap.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        You haven't even seen them yet, they could be crap.
        True, but most eps of Atlantis feature the Wraith and im getting tired of them... I think the new race will be cool, pictures i have seen look promising.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crais View Post
          I would much prefer the new villains from the mid season two-parter to be the focus of the first Atlantis movie...
          You prefer new villains you've yet to see?

Comment

what if the new villains are like the kull warriors(kull warriors is to stargate sg-1 as new villains is to stargate atlantis), and can u really imagine if an entire movie was focused on something like the kull warriors.
            SGU =Awesome!!!
            Hope it stays as good...
            sigpic

Comment

i think that the 1st new movie should be with the new villians that are going to appear in the mid season episodes and the maybe the final one and then in the second movie it should contain the wraith.

Comment

I personally hope that they don't just kill the Wraith off in one movie. I could see at least a duology used for the Wraith or possibly a trilogy of movies. Maybe they could make three movies and sell them as a single collection? That would rock. There's so many different possibilities with this format.
                That is just my two cents.

Comment

I think it would be awesome to have them both in it, theoretically. It would hark back to the sort of dilemma or scenario of "Peacekeeper Wars". But then I am a sucker for any villain vs villian conflict with the heros caught between fighting both. The Replicator-Wraith War didn't seem that closely covered.
                  Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 19 September 2008, 02:34 AM.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    I think it would be awesome to have them both in it, theoretically. It would hark back to the sort of dilemma or scenario of "Peacekeeper Wars". But then I am a sucker for any villain vs villian conflict with the heros caught between fighting both. The Replicator-Wraith War didn't seem that closely covered.
                    Yeah, I'm admittedly a huge sucker for that scenario also. The Asuran-Wraith conflict didn't give us enough of this angle, mainly because, well, the conflict raged on everywhere except Atlantis, practically.
                    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I'd prefer the Wraith to have a major presence, maybe set the film a year later and have the Wraith grown in power to being a major force and have a full scale war with Atlantis. Maybe with Todd having to make a decision whether to support Atlantis or the Wraith armada. I'd like the Wraith over these new villains off the pictures I've seen.
                      sigpic

Comment

I know I wouldn't be so upset over the cancelation of Atlantis if they had a commitment of more than just one tv/movie.

However, right now there is just the commitment for the one and some vague references there will be more if the first one does well.

I think they should have made an initial commitment of three that they could have told one big story across, a trilogy of films.

I liked SG-1's "Ark of Truth" and loved "Continuum," but both were very limited in what they can do and the amount of character they could get into.

I have always said they should treat these tv-movies like a mini-series with a large story that has more room to play out with different types of set pieces, battles and so on, but still have the time to devote to character.

Who agrees?

Comment

Heres hoping they will make more than just the one for Atlantis, I was dissapointed with Ark Of Truth but i liked Continuum, that was classic SG-1!

Not sure if i agree with you on making movies that will have an ongoing arc specific to the first movie, i would like to see first a movie involving this new race thats appearing in the mid season two parter (its a shame we wont see more of them now due to the cancellation and i was led to beleive they were being set up as the new 'big bad'), or a Wraith story and then they could just go on and make seperate movies, delving deeper into Pegasus.

sigpic

Comment

I know I wouldn't be so upset over the cancelation of Atlantis if they had a commitment of more than just one tv/movie.

However, right now there is just the commitment for the one and some vague references there will be more if the first one does well.

I think they should have made an initial commitment of three that they could have told one big story across, a trilogy of films.

I liked SG-1's "Ark of Truth" and loved "Continuum," but both were very limited in what they can do and the amount of character they could get into.

I have always said they should treat these tv-movies like a mini-series with a large story that has more room to play out with different types of set pieces, battles and so on, but still have the time to devote to character.

Who agrees?
                            It wouldn't make since for them to do a trilogy of movies when they don't even know if they will be successful with sales. Though, I like the idea of a trilogy of movies. It would give them a lot more freedom with a large story arc. If not that, then a mini-series.

From what I can predict, I will say that more Atlantis movies will definately happen after this first. However, Season 5 hasn't even ended yet and teh first movie has come out yet so I'm not too worried about it yet.
                            Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

the problem with Atlantis is that the Pegasus Galaxy has never been portrayed as being even close to as diverse as Milky Way was. It's a real challenge to think of other possible enemies beyond the Wraith and this new race.

Comment

Something I'm sure the writers could tackle if they gave it a go. That's what they're doing with 5x10/5x11, incidentally. We'll see how that pans out, and how much of the new foe is left after 'The Lost Tribe', and perhaps more importantly, 'Enemy at the Gate'.

I have full confidence we'll see more than just one telefilm. I don't expect SGA's opening to the venue to be as strong as SG-1's, but I think it will be close. Very close.
                                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                                X