Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, I'm not sure at all. I think it will probably have something pretty much identical to AoT and Continuum, personally, if not a slight bit less. Don't ask me why, but that's my gut feeling on this one. (Sometimes those are wrong, though. Hopefully it's way off, eh?)

Either way, I think if $5 million could do what it did, and in '04, then in '08-'09, that same $5 million can do even more. The telefilm ought to be great in that regard.

Now, concerning the nature of the piece, I don't think anyone can say for sure, 100% of the way, yet. But I would bet good money it's as you've said it. The difference between the SGA 'finale' and the SG-1 wrap-up film and then Continuum is that SGA's actually going to get Sci-Fi Channel to air it, whereas the SG-1 continuations haven't gotten that (as of yet.) Those two are better-classified as 'DVD continuations of the series', whereas this is a 'telefilm' -- it's coming out on TV in a film-esque format.

For that matter, with as well as Stargate does DVD-wise, it's a safe assurance that it'd the be released in such a format. So this is a telefilm whereas the other two are direct-to-DVD films, but both are kind of... both.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Yeah, sounds about right

Hopefully MGM's press release will provide us with more info.

Comment

I don't see how non Stargate fans will be able to enjoy these "finish up story line movies". Michael & the Wraith still need to be taken care of but that can be done in one movie altogether but the non fans wont get it in the slightest

Comment

Originally posted by RedvsBlue View Post
          I don't see how non Stargate fans will be able to enjoy these "finish up story line movies". Michael & the Wraith still need to be taken care of but that can be done in one movie altogether but the non fans wont get it in the slightest
          They aren't for non-fans. The fact that they're making these things shows that there are enough fans that the market is good enough for it.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Movie role call. We still need to see:

*Resolution of the s5 cliffhanger
            *The Wraith
            *Michael
            *The new bad guys in the midseason
            *another replicator/wier story, think Torri would come back for a film? o.O
            *The DV aliens
            *a big genii or travellers story
            *and all 20 scripts written for season 6 refurbed for a half dozen stories

Thats a minum of 8 atlantis films, and as many as 27

Heck if we know SGUs only gonna last 5 seasons they should plant some stories for huge film payoffs after the tvshow runs it course. I hope SG1 does the same with their library of stories.

Comment

[QUOTE=kymeric;8794892]Movie role call. We still need to see:

[QUOTE=kymeric;8794892]*Resolution of the s5 cliffhanger
              *The Wraith

I expect these two will be one and the same

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
              *Michael
              I think his story will likely be tied up in season 5.

Indeed

I Hope so. It would certainly be nice. I would also like to see Michelle Morgan at least once more, but that doesn't HAVE to mean Weir.

*The DV aliens
              Like I said before, could be interesting...

Hmm... I think these would be better suited as being part of a bigger story.

Comment

I'm just sad we won't be seeing any more McKay... I hope Universe will have likeable characters. I really liked every character on atlantis.
                My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by obsidian1771 View Post
                  Think about the costing ... We already know that in SG Universe the sets are limited to the 2 Ancient ships, which, like the SGC's Gateroom or Atlantis' Control Room, can be used over and over and over again. Any planets, etc. can be done on blue screen (look at Sanctuary) saving a whole pile of money - let's hope it's used to fund more SG-1 + SGA movies.
                  Im not sure where i heard it, either on here or on another site SGU is going to be roughly 50% or 60% animated/blue screened, not sure where i saw it though

Comment

Movie role call. We still need to see:

*Resolution of the s5 cliffhanger
                    *The Wraith
                    *Michael
                    *The DV aliens

Thats a minum of 8 atlantis films, and as many as 27

Heck if we know SGUs only gonna last 5 seasons they should plant some stories for huge film payoffs after the tvshow runs it course. I hope SG1 does the same with their library of stories.
                    if they do that, this will be the second stargate series finale movie with replicators
                    but at least they weren't entirely resoved in this series and left a door open for them not like AoT where they pulled them out of nowhere.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                      I'm just sad we won't be seeing any more McKay... I hope Universe will have likeable characters. I really liked every character on atlantis.
                      Agreed, I like them all.
                      present tense... still have s5 to watch

Comment

I'm just wondering what sort of budget there'll be, higher or lower then the SG-1 movies? Or perhaps the same...

Originally posted by Drax View Post
                        It's funny that some people are such SG-1 fanboys that they have no concept or understanding of what made the original movie such an entertaining hit in 1994.
                        You seem to have a poor memory, Stargate was never a hit. It's widely agreed that it was Devlin and Emmerich's best work, but then it's also widely agreed that they're both hacks. The original movie was largely forgettable, and the franchise would be nothing without the series.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I'm just wondering what sort of budget there'll be, higher or lower then the SG-1 movies? Or perhaps the same...
                          probably lower since it's supposed to be a tv-movie
                          sigpic
                          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

In my opinion, Weir and Ford should be in the movie. As well as Beckett. A couplw SG-1 faces would be nice, preferably Jackson and O'Neill. However, i think the movie needs some true visual effects. To end the series in style. I think Atlantis has some great movie potential. I'll miss it though, Shepphard and McKay espcially, they were such great characters. I digress. I think the movie will need some space fights in it, and perhaps a fight in atlantis itself which somehow lends itself to the team ending up in a previously unexplored section of the city? and some amazing secret of the ancients is revealed. I'd like to see some touching team moments too.

once the series finale has aired i think i'll have a better idea as to what i think should be in the movie
                            "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
                            O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
                            Woolsey: What does that mean?
                            O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

From the sounds of it, this telefilm will be the 'Season Finale' more than 'Enemy At The Gate'. Not in the literal business sense, of course, but it's a direct continuation from 5x20; it's like EATG is Part I of III or something, depending on how this goes down.

Or not really 'Season Finale'; more like, 'DTV Premiere' or... something. Regardless, I've woken up stoked for it. My sadness over the weekly edition's cancellation still stings, but I'm getting over it, slowly but surely, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                                I'm expecting another miraculous magical superweapon, like ark or grail...
                                Yes, and I'm expecting you to keep b*tching about it every opportunity you get until the end of time.

Originally posted by globex View Post
                                1. The reason why the SG-1 movies did so well was because, there was a huge gap between the movies and the ending of the series. More than two years from memory.
                                About a year, actually. And I just don't buy that people watched it only because it's been so long since the series ended (and it wasn't even that long). People watched the movies because they wanted to watch the movies. Plain and simple.

Stargate AOT was given 7.2 and Continium was give 7.5. Compared to SG-1 as a series thats very low for an awesome series.
                                No, that's actually pretty good. Certainly it's not "very low", any way you slice it.

3. People had the impression that if we were to buy the movies it would allow continuation of the series. We still don't know whether the 3rd movie will be the last.
                                No, but we pretty much know we're getting that third movie. So it was true.
                                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Working...
                                X