Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by globex View Post
    That's fine dude . I feel the same way(as does everyone else who is an SGA fan). As we should. Its simply withdrawal syndrome. Its inevitable conclusion. Some people are going to(I know I am once the series is over).
    Oh, yeah.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

i think they can wrap this show up in at least 3 movies.
      1 for season finale and whatever else.
      2 for wraith and whatever else
      3 for whatever else and the destruction of atlantis or atlantis comes to the milkeyway galaxy so it wont be destroyed. cause that is the only way it can end. it is all about the city.

Comment

It's funny that some people are such SG-1 fanboys that they have no concept or understanding of what made the original movie such an entertaining hit in 1994.
        This time... it's war!

Comment

Originally posted by Drax View Post
          It's funny that some people are such SG-1 fanboys that they have no concept or understanding of what made the original movie such an entertaining hit in 1994.
          Yeah, hilarious. Because that's exactly what's happening here, with me.

If it's such a laughing matter, care to share the joke? I'm not an SG-1 fanboy. I watched the movie and thought it wasn't all that great. I also watched plenty of subpar SG-1 episodes.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

At least we are been given a 120 minute movie to finish it up - 90mins for the first batch of SG-1 movies wasn't long enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma Yksilo View Post
              At least we are been given a 120 minute movie to finish it up - 90mins for the first batch of SG-1 movies wasn't long enough.
              They said a two-hour movie, but I don't think that translates to a literal 120 minutes - as I recall, the SG-1 movies were both described as two-hour movies in the beginning. I think what it is is that a two-hour TV movie, without commercials, boils down to about 90 minutes - basically a double-length episode. I don't expect this one to be any different, but I'd be happy to be surprised.

I still personally would prefer the miniseries route, like Peacekeeper Wars for Farscape.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

I don't know. I was very disappointed at the SG-1 movies...

GET NEW WRITERS.
                My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  I still personally would prefer the miniseries route, like Peacekeeper Wars for Farscape.
                  That would be a great way to conclude SGA, I really enjoyed 'Peacekeeper Wars'.

Comment

Hopefully this thread can be about the Atlantis movie and not about the cancellation or MGM/SciFi bashing...

I expect this is the 'Project Twilight' that Joe M has been going on about, I expect the cast and crew have known this wascoming for a while now. I'm sad Atlantis has been canclled, however, I can't wait to see this movie. Straight off the bat it is going to be 2 hours long (unless that includes ads:s) so it should be longer than the SG-1 movies, which is good. Hopefully they'll get a juicy budget, Continuum sized or bigger. I think, from what has been said aout the 100th episode, it will be epic, and I expect with this being the follow on it will be epic too. I can't wait to see it

Plus, from what people are saying, thiswon't be the only Atlantis movie. Maybe they could do a movie where the 'Daedalu Variation' aliens attack our universe? Or a movie about the 'Lost Tribe' race?

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
                      I don't know. I was very disappointed at the SG-1 movies...

GET NEW WRITERS.
                      I wasn't...

And Joe and Paul aren't Rob and Brad, so expect this to be different. In a good or bad way I don't know, but the only way to find out is to watch.

Comment

I wanted AoT to be more in the style of PKW format-wise, too, but I don't think TPTB really want more than two-hour pieces, from the looks of it.

With the announcement that at least the first SGA movie is going to be aired on Sci-Fi as a conclusion, I really, really don't think it'll be a true two hours.

Comment

since atlantis has no main storyline, what could they possibley do for a movie besides more random episodes of some sort of virus or how about "we are introducing a powerful new enemy and kicking out regular cast members to bring in new ones that fans dont like to keep the show fresh".

i liked aot, it wasn't brilliant but i liked it because it brings closure. continuum on the otherhand was just like a regular episode that at the end of it says a big f u to all the viewers. i hate it when they have the "reset" button. i think the writers to create some sort of decent story arc with a few movies that will fix the mess they created, and yes, bring back ford - whether he dies or lives, the viewers want some sort of closure. and also, dont recycle old crappy enemies like the replicators or whatever. i think the story for the movies should be concerned with the wraith because they were the original bad guys. they were tough at first but then they became wimps.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                            I wanted AoT to be more in the style of PKW format-wise, too, but I don't think TPTB really want more than two-hour pieces, from the looks of it.

With the announcement that at least the first SGA movie is going to be aired on Sci-Fi as a conclusion, I really, really don't think it'll be a true two hours.
                            Yep, it'll probably just be the equivalent of a two-part episode. However, 'Rising' showed how good that can be. Does anyone know the budget for 'Rising'?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                              Yep, it'll probably just be the equivalent of a two-part episode. However, 'Rising' showed how good that can be. Does anyone know the budget for 'Rising'?
                              http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/101.shtml

$5 million, from the looks of it.

Comment

Thanks Jeff

Do we think this movie will have a biger budget? Both AoT and Continuum got $7,000,000 each, but I'm still unsure of how this all works? Will it be like another DVD movie, just airing on SciFi first?

I guess we'll find out more in the coming days.

Who do we tink culd guest star? If Amanda Tapping is indeed in the 100th episode then I think they might try and ge her in the movie too, also I hope Chris Heyerdahl is in it as Todd.

Comment

Working...
                                X