Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate: Extinction" (SGA Movie) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    To where?
    ahhh somewhere cheaper? =)
    ....I'm gonna go eat some cake. =)

Comment

Think about the costing ... We already know that in SG Universe the sets are limited to
      Spoiler:
      the 2 Ancient ships
      , which, like the SGC's Gateroom or Atlantis' Control Room, can be used over and over and over again. Any planets, etc. can be done on blue screen (look at Sanctuary) saving a whole pile of money - let's hope it's usEd to fund more SG-1 + SGA movies.

Pi to 16 decimal places: 3.1415926535897932

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf O'Donnell View Post
        Include Ford.
        They had better!

Comment

There's little I can suggest with solidarity regarding the storyline until I've seen at least the upcoming two-parter, and more than anything the cliffhanger finale.

I'd say in terms of random things, I'd love to see Ford and Weir. I'd also want the Genii to be important somehow. Outside of that, I'm way too mentally screwed up right now when it comes to the franchise to delve too deeply.

I read the headline while I was still at work, and I feel like after years with the franchise always, you know, coming back next year as one (or two) new seasons, I've suddenly lost a close friend. Nevermind that SGA will continue as SG-1 has been doing... it's just... heh. Yeah.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by TraK View Post
            Maybe you are the one on drugs. Have you seen how well the two SG1 movies did?

Shocking news about the cancellation.
            but Bring on the Atlantis movie!!!!
            Well for starters your point has got many flaws in it.

1. The reason why the SG-1 movies did so well was because, there was a huge gap between the movies and the ending of the series. More than two years from memory. So fans were egar to how are Ori going to be defeated.

2. There was a hype created from ever since a movie was planned(don't deny it). So people thought this is going to be cool. No doubt the concept was cool. The storyline was brilliant. But the way it was executed was very poor. Too many things happened at once. Too many things were discounted from the story. That's why the first movie never sold that well and got a very poor rating....
            Stargate(1994)(rating 6.6/10) 35,000 votes. They can't be wrong
            http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111282/

Stargate AOT was given 7.2 and Continium was give 7.5. Compared to SG-1 as a series thats very low for an awesome series.

3. People had the impression that if we were to buy the movies it would allow continuation of the series. We still don't know whether the 3rd movie will be the last.

Tbh, the story felt bland and boring(AOT and Continium), and rushed. As I have stated on numerous occassions that Stargate cannot be placed into a 2 hour blockbuster. There are too many variables to think of. Don't kid yourself or give the writers the benefit of the doubt. Because, as being a long time SG-1 fan you cannot end the Ori Story in 2.1 seasons. The story could have easily been streched for another series.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
              How's that? It began as a movie...
              As a crappy movie, IMO. Beautiful landscapes but other than that, mostly uninteresting.
              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, see, I never thought the original movie was all that great, either. My mom loved it, but outside of the concept being utter brilliance, the landscapes being very beautiful, and...

...Yeah, I think that was about it, too. The characters were vastly uninspired with the exception of Daniel Jackson, who got mostly mediocre lines like largely the rest of the cast. The storyline was epic, but its execution was kind of pisspoor, and I've never been a Kurt Russell fan to begin with, so that didn't help.

AoT and Continuum, on the other hand, for whatever they were, had a hell of a lot of SG-1 backlog to help keep them moving along. The dialogue was a lot better than the original Stargate movie's, I thought, and with only a couple of required 'because it's Stargate' cringe moments (in my book -- I count virtually every single sudden close-up and music-cranker-upper of a Goa'uld in Stargate history as kind of a cringe factor) they were much more balanced.

I would give the original flick a 5, but AoT would get an 8 and Continuum about the same. Too much happened, not enough happened, this, that, and the other thing, but I think Stargate really has its **** together these days compared to its Emmerich inception.

I don't see why the SGA continuations couldn't be any different, apart from the fact that I definitely find the Ori arc more interesting than that of the Wraith. Whatever the new enemy is, I hope it's really good, and that ought to help -- but at the same time, as I dreaded typing if and when I got the news of SGA's weekly cancellation, I hope it isn't too good. For all the complaints about the Ori getting two seasons, imagine ten episodes and a two-hour finish line...

By the way, globex: It was barely a single year, not over two years, since the final SG-1 weekly episode before Ark of Truth. Just an FYI.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
                  I don't see why the SGA continuations couldn't be any different, apart from the fact that I definitely find the Ori arc more interesting than that of the Wraith.
                  I hope you're right, except I love the wraith. But even if future SGA films prove to be good, 1 or 2 films a year will never be the same as a 15 hours season.
                  My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                  Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                    I hope you're right, except I love the wraith. But even if future SGA films prove to be good, 1 or 2 films a year will never be the same as a 15 hours season.
                    Don't get me wrong. I like the Wraith, at least. I don't hate them. I don't even dislike or feel neutral toward them. I do like them, heh. I just liked the Ori more, is all.

Comment

'Tbh, the story felt bland and boring(AOT and Continium), and rushed. As I have stated on numerous occassions that Stargate cannot be placed into a 2 hour blockbuster. There are too many variables to think of. Don't kid yourself or give the writers the benefit of the doubt. Because, as being a long time SG-1 fan you cannot end the Ori Story in 2.1 seasons. The story could have easily been streched for another series.'

Finally someone else who thinks the SG1 movies just weren't that good. We had 2 seasons with the Ori (I will admit to not having liked those seasons much anyway, been as RDA was missing) and then it all gets ended in a rush. I fear the same will happen for Atlantis.

I agree though that if they are making a film they should bring back Ford, It is something I would have liked to have seen in subsequent seasons that now won't be happening.

Comment

By the way, globex: It was barely a single year, not over two years, since the final SG-1 weekly episode before Ark of Truth. Just an FYI.
                        My apologise...It felt like two years to me . I really did miss the show

Comment

Originally posted by crazy_kitty85 View Post
                          Finally someone else who thinks the SG1 movies just weren't that good.
                          Er, have you looked around? It's not an unpopular opinion...

I agree though that if they are making a film they should bring back Ford, It is something I would have liked to have seen in subsequent seasons that now won't be happening.
                          Yeah, I'd love to see it. Still, we have to consider that with this new threat being introduced soon, and that more than likely being a part of the upcoming telefilm's plot, the complaints people have had about AoT and Continuum feeling too rushed will be understatements if they try to tack on 'suddenly Ford appears' on top of whatever they already may have planned.

Now, if that could truly find a way into things, or it's already part of the plan, anyway, yeah, hell yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by globex View Post
                            My apologise...It felt like two years to me . I really did miss the show
                            No problemo. I'm just... edgy tonight, as I think a lot of us are. Justifiably, too. I feel... bipolar -- I'm bouncing back between threads, trying to stay as positive as possible for myself and others, but sometimes sounding apathetic and testy all the same. Sigh.

Comment

If they want Atlantis movies to succeed, they shouldn't do what they did with Ark of Truth by wrapping upo storylines. They should create a standalone which is written well, very entertaining and that can get good dvd sales. They should have the movie end with Atlantis either being destroyed or returning to earth, this way they can have the cast from both shows appear in future movie releases.

Comment

No problemo. I'm just... edgy tonight, as I think a lot of us are. Justifiably, too. I feel... bipolar -- I'm bouncing back between threads, trying to stay as positive as possible for myself and others, but sometimes sounding apathetic and testy all the same. Sigh.
                                That's fine dude . I feel the same way(as does everyone else who is an SGA fan). As we should. Its simply withdrawal syndrome. Its inevitable conclusion. Some people are going to(I know I am once the series is over).

Comment

Working...
                                X