Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

but will the us give russia and other countries enough naq and trinium? or will they be made with steel?

Comment

Originally posted by marlowe54
      This ship name is mentioned in Season 10, Episode 1 -- can anyone speculate as to the type of ship and country of origin as to which she belongs to?
      i was reading this forum topic and it looks like alot of people think it is russian but i think that i have to say it is so i agree with them but i think that it will be a short range fighter there is just no way that they are going to let the russians build a warship.

or it could be a united earth ship.

Comment

Oh, by the way NakedJehu, I meant before the name looks like it's Russian...

I think Russia would have enough funds to build one. They should have a right to build one if they can, they are as much part of the Tau'ri as we are.

Comment

russia is prolly more advanced than us they just don't show it off like the US do. same for japan and china

Comment

It probably is the russians, it certainly sounds like a russian name, plus there was a a russian rocket enginer that went by that name.
            it also unlikely that the writers will throw in surprise, and it turns out to be someone totally unexpected, like the british, china, germany. And france well they just do not have the guts to do something like build a space ship so we a can rule them, but it would be nice if the writers prove us wronge, doubt full

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
              russia is prolly more advanced than us they just don't show it off like the US do. same for japan and china

Japan shows they are far more advanced than us. China? idk, they make cheap dollar store items, but they probably right about as advanced as us. Russia more advanced than the US? I think their up to par. No offence but we're talking about a nation that not even 20 years overthrew communism, and we all know human nature is "He im geting paid no matter what right? ill sit on my arse" There was no motivation, now their just like crap now we gotta do something, believe me id be the same way. So their upto par. maybe more advanced in some ways maybe less advanced. more thanlikely slightly less advanced i mean it is russia they had Serfdom in the 1900's, not to offend anyone lol but their bigger n a colder area takes more time to advance as a whole.

and yeah it sounds like itsa russian ship I kinda hopeso. I wanna see mor chekoff that guys the russian hammond.

it could be Bulgarian after that folk singer lol
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Think it'll have Asgard shields and other alien upgrades? Wonder where it would be built. Some desolate mountain in Siberia?
                Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

i doubt the us will give them asgard tech.

anyway to metonic,

not just russia dude everyone is. ya never heard of congressmen (US) for sale?

american congresspeople are worse

Comment

It is without a doubt Russian. Sergei P. Korolev was the mastermind of the Soviet space program.

Korolev would go on to make these space records: first dog in orbit (Sputnik 2); first large scientific satellite (the 1.3 ton Sputnik 3); first man; first woman; first three men; first extra–vehicular walk; first craft to impact the Moon; first to orbit the Moon and photograph its back side; first to impact Venus. He would later design and launch the Soviet Union’s first communications satellite and first spy satellite, although not ahead of the US in these two feats. He would, however, fail in accomplishing the mission that became his supreme passion— sending a cosmonaut to the Moon before the Americans.

Comment

anyway to metonic,

not just russia dude everyone is. ya never heard of congressmen (US) for sale?

american congresspeople are worse
                      Wow, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know where to start.
                      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                        They've also developed a device that ionizes the air around an aircraft, which scrambles radar waves thereby giving the aircraft a low radar signature. Translation... "stealth". .
                        In theory; Cool

In reality; It doesn't work....generator cannot sustain the plasma field around the aircraft and it turn the plane into a godawful IR source....any IRST system in the neighborhood would easily see it

Anyways...the Korolev will DEFINITELY be russian, no question about it.
                        sigpic
                        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
                        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

yes i do. meaning oil companies among others pay them off. hell why do ya think big company execs get off clean on serious crimes while people who steal gas or something (or dl music) get 10 years? answer me that. meaning not just russians as you put it are corruptable with money.

Comment

yes i do. meaning oil companies among others pay them off. hell why do ya think big company execs get off clean on serious crimes while people who steal gas or something (or dl music) get 10 years? answer me that. meaning not just russians as you put it are corruptable with money.
                            Nevermind. I'm not going to even bother. Please get back on topic.
                            Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

The Ship is Russian, says so in the spoilers or at stargate wikipedia(can't remember). Not to mention that the X-303 program was a joint program that the U.S. was funding(S.6 "Disclosure") and so Russia has had access to the plans for a long time, not to mention the upcoming ep. about the international relations in regards to the SG program an the tech that they're s'posed to be sharing - which might lend some knowledge to the subject.

Comment

Originally posted by THX
                                He would, however, fail in accomplishing the mission that became his supreme passion— sending a cosmonaut to the Moon before the Americans. [/I]
                                In fact, it wasn't totally his fault. He wanted to use cryogenic engines for his N-1 rocket (N: Nositel = carrier), the motorist (Glushko) didn't want. Because there wasn't at that time a space agency like NASA, ASI or CNES, he wasn't able to impose his choise to Glushko. So he asked to an aircraft engine builder, Kuznetsov, to build the cryogenic engine. But because Kuznetsov didn't know how to build big engines, he built a small one, the NK-33. To allow the rocket to take off, 30 of these engines were needed. The delay caused by this story made the governement to cancel the static test of the first stage, because they were afraid the americans will send their men first. The NK-33 worked prodigiously well when it was alone, but the great number of engines caused vibrations that destroyed the rocket. Four flight were done, all failure:
                                - February 21st, 1969: vibrations broke a LOX line, the stage burned and exploded at the 70th second.
                                - July 3rd, 1969: at the moment of the lift off, a metallic part made the 8th engine LOX turbopump to explode. The rocket fell on its pad at the 18th second.
                                - 1971: a the 7th second, the rocket began to destroy because of roll (roulis ?). The second stage began to destroy at the 48th second. The KORD (flight computer) cut all the engines, and the rocket crashed on its pad.
                                - 1972: the lift off was good. At the 90th second, the KORD cut the six central engines of the first stage in accordance with the flight plan. But because the fuel pressure was applied on only 24 engines instead of 30, a surpressure destroyed a LOX line. The first stage began to burn and exploded and the 107th second. A few second before the first stage was released...
                                Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Working...
                                X