Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's one main problem for other nations to build ships. They need Naqueda and probably trinium. Without ships in the first place there is only one way to get these items, through the stargate. I would like to see how the writers get around this. A nuclear powered ship would have to have much bigger power plants. I do have to admit, I expect many nations to build ships though. It might be some time before the reality of the SG universe will allow for other nations to build ships. I explained how the russians could. I suppose other nations could purchase Naqueda and Trinium from the U.S. This could be an interesting dynamic. Some of the other nations build workable ion power sources. Then they might not share it with the U.S. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
      aha there is no such thing as racism. We are all part of the race of humans.

that will be your little secret. Shhh, don't tell.
      Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
      Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

What I really want to see is a Chinese ship. We have had a dynamic history.... the Great Wall of China... the Terracotta warriors and Qin's tomb.... and rare porcelain art(many of which sank during transport to Europe but now recovered and worth like $100 each)... sophisticated ship designs (we had the different cargo holds for different merchants in our Junks 100 years before the western civilization had)... and a thriving economy before the arrogant,profit-seeking British asses destroyed us with Opium and took Hong Kong..... and now China is starting to refine its natural resources so we're coming up in the world.....and of course, we had Lord Yu as one of our influences so I want to see how Chinese spaceships turn out.
        It'll be either a Prometheus or Daedalus design.
        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
          There's one main problem for other nations to build ships. They need Naqueda and probably trinium. I suppose other nations could purchase Naqueda and Trinium from the U.S.
          or they could have all signed a treaty with the U.S. during/after the events from Disclosure in which it is stated that the U.S. should supply with these two elements not for money but as a measure to split the cost of war and as a cost for the need to build a fleet capabable of defending Earth from existing and/or possible galactic enemies.
          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
            Spoiler:
            Too bad, but it make sense we can't control the Russian ship , we can't let the Russian into outer system just yet, remember what happen with the Trust, they went to outer system and return as Goa'uld.
            The american governement have been infiltrated by the Goa'uld (Kinsey and probably others that aren't discovered yet). Is it better ? Russian are not more stupid than Americans. I think it is too dangerous that only one country has ships:

1) It gives to this country a huge amount of power that could be used to attack other countries (US wouldn't attack us, but imagine if the Goa'uld can control the governement and launch an attack...)

2) It is a simple precaution. If for one reason or another, American ships can't fly, we wouldn't have other ships to defend us.
            Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Originally posted by Pamplemousse of France
              The american governement have been infiltrated by the Goa'uld (Kinsey and probably others that aren't discovered yet). Is it better ? Russian are not more stupid than Americans. I think it is too dangerous that only one country has ships:

1) It gives to this country a huge amount of power that could be used to attack other countries (US wouldn't attack us, but imagine if the Goa'uld can control the governement and launch an attack...)

2) It is a simple precaution. If for one reason or another, American ships can't fly, we wouldn't have other ships to defend us.
              Yes, sometimes USA power is overrated.
              School is overrated.

Comment

prolly like prommie with with signature russian details.

always

Comment

What I really want to see is a Chinese ship. We have had a dynamic history.... the Great Wall of China... the Terracotta warriors and Qin's tomb.... and rare porcelain art(many of which sank during transport to Europe but now recovered and worth like $100 each)... sophisticated ship designs (we had the different cargo holds for different merchants in our Junks 100 years before the western civilization had)... and a thriving economy before the arrogant,profit-seeking British asses destroyed us with Opium and took Hong Kong..... and now China is starting to refine its natural resources so we're coming up in the world.....and of course, we had Lord Yu as one of our influences so I want to see how Chinese spaceships turn out.
                  It is good to read message from a fellow chinese , i agree with you.
                  But there are some problem for building a Chinese BC-303.
                  Chinese technologies can't match the other advance Earth Nation because we can't buy advance military tech from them, we have to depend on the Russian.We have to catch up with them it will take times.

It is partly our own fault, the Cultural Revolution, it was a bad idea to send most of the scientist and intellectual to farm the land .The chief designer for
                  the first chinese nuclear sub was torture during the sub's production by the redgaurd.
                  Tell people to melt their hosehold metal object in their backgard to make steel ,

For the moment the Strength of China is in mass production and copying .
                  Unless the American disclose the Stargate program to the public , then may be China can mass produce F-302 and BC-303 in their factory.
                  The Spoiler for "S9 Scourge"
                  The Chinese Ambassador told Daniel the US government only share non -military alien tech with China
                  How can we copy when they don't share with us?

I think China should get a tech partner with France or Russian ,nations with disputs with US.
                  But as one of 3 nation who can send people into space, it is logical for China to be the next nation with BC-303 after Russian.

But any US network will probably make Chinese to be the bad guys due to the real life current political situation.After what the Japanese did in WW2 and rewrite their history , they get to play the good guys on TV and we get to play the bad guys .It is unfair

Comment

soon it'll be every nation tha's in on it vs the US.

Comment

The Spoiler for "S9 Scourge"
                      The Chinese Ambassador told Daniel the US government only share non -military alien tech with China
                      How can we copy when they don't share with us?
                      I see I'm not the only one who expect a lot of things from this episode.

I think China should get a tech partner with France
                      That would be a good idea. And the current context allow it: it seems that the CNES (Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales, our space agency) is going to develop several projects with China.

But as one of 3 nation who can send people into space
                      Lucky guy. We have an automatic ship easily adaptable to carry humans which is almost ready to fly and a man-rated rocket powerful enough to launch it, but we don't have the political will to do it.

But any US network will probably make Chinese to be the bad guys due to the real life current political situation.After what the Japanese did in WW2 and rewrite their history , they get to play the good guys on TV and we get to play the bad guys .It is unfair
                      I'm afraid that at the moment, we French aren't in a better position than you. Join the club.
                      Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

I wanna see a fleet of ships, built by many countries in Stargate SG-1 one day.

Hallowed are the fans of Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Pamplemousse of France
                          That would be a good idea. And the current context allow it: it seems that the CNES (Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales, our space agency) is going to develop several projects with China.

Lucky guy. We have an automatic ship easily adaptable to carry humans which is almost ready to fly and a man-rated rocket powerful enough to launch it, but we don't have the political will to do it.

I'm afraid that at the moment, we French aren't in a better position than you. Join the club.
                          I think there is a railway in Shanghai(or somewhere there) that either the French or the Germans designed................

Also, ckwongau, China is starting to refine western technology, especially in the computer and electronics industry.

I am technically Chinese-Canadian, but I come from HK. Anyways since we're talking about our own nations... China and France... I might as well talk a bit about Canada as well...

Canada would be as powerful as the US, especially in the Space sector, if Diefenbaker, Canada's 13th Prime Minister, hadn't cancelled the Avro Arrow Project in 1959. (Unfortunately for us, 13 is a bad number and Diefenbaker destroyed our shot at owning the skies.) For those of you who don't know, the Avro Arrow was Mach 2 supersonic jet fighter, faster than what they had at the time. When the AA Project was cancelled, many of the scientists involved in the Project moved to the States and joined NASA, and from there, we know the rest. The only positive thing in Diefenbaker's reign was the introduction of the Canadian Bill of Rights in 1960.

I think it's safe to say that Canada is part of the Club with China and France at the moment.

Edit- Now someone from Britain and Russia talk about the respective countries and why they're no better off than Canada, China and France
                          Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

In Episode "Disclosure"
                            We can see how it played out
                            The Russian wanted to play both sided , support the US, but tell the Chinese they also get the same deal as the the Russian .
                            The British play it cool and said nothing, doesn't want to offend the American in public.He gave them full support after Thor's appearance.

The French and Chinese both were upset and against the US position.

I think i read an article, about some PLA officer ,they tried the Rafale fighter and love it, if it wasn't for the EU arm ban , China probably order a few hundred of them or buy the tech form the French.
                            The Russian has border issue with china, soon or later they will cut us off.
                            The French is the kind of tech partner China need

Comment

Originally posted by BlackBaron
                              I wanna see a fleet of ships, built by many countries in Stargate SG-1 one day.
                              I'd like to see that too. I also would like to see a ship that comprises people from a variety of countries, including the US.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater
                                I'd like to see that too. I also would like to see a ship that comprises people from a variety of countries, including the US.
                                umm aren't they all comprised of people from various countries? I thought after Atlantis (which is comprised of people from various countries... McKay(Canadian), Zelenka(Czech)) they would have people from various countries on the ships as well. Novak for example.
                                Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Working...
                                X