X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ckwongau
    In Episode "Disclosure"
    We can see how it played out
    The Russian wanted to play both sided , support the US, but tell the Chinese they also get the same deal as the the Russian .
    The British play it cool and said nothing, doesn't want to offend the American in public.He gave them full support after Thor's appearance.
    The French and Chinese both were upset and against the US position.
    I think "Disclosure", as important it was for the story, was very caricatural.
    In fact I fear (redouter ?) "The scourge" as much as I'm impatient to see it.
    I'm a little desapointed that the country which help to build the Stargate universe is no more considered (the american branch of "Le Studio Canal", itself branch of the french TV channel "Canal +" co-produced the film).

Originally posted by ckwongau
    The French is the kind of tech partner China need
    I am very proud that you see us as an important partner. I think cooperation is the only way to build several ships fastly. As I previously said, the defence of the world is to important to be done by only one country.
    Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Originally posted by Pamplemousse of France
      As I previously said, the defence of the world is to important to be done by only one country.
      Yes it is. Not that Hammond isn't a Homeworld Security Officer but Homeworld Security should be like the United Nations.. United Nations is Earth related but a new Homeworld Security (combining delegates from all countries) should be created so that it is space related.
      Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
        a new Homeworld Security (combining delegates from all countries) should be created so that it is space related.
        I agree. But it won't be fair if the Gate remains under US control. Technically, if they have ships, the other members don't need it, but it keep being a direct line to the space. I don't think the US would place the Gate under international control, so I'm not sure that such Council will one day be created. But maybe the new international commitee of "The scourge" can do it.
        Please forgive my English, I'm French

"The act itself never varies. But each kiss carries with it a meaning all its own. It can convey a husband's eternal devotion... Or a wife's enormous regret... It can symbolize a mother's growing concern... Or a lover's growing passion... But whatever its meaning, each kiss reflects a basic human need; the need to connect to another human being. This desire is so strong it's always amazing when some people don’t understand it." Desperate Housewives, "One more kiss"

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
          Really? So you're saying that Russia can't afford to do it? I think you need to keep yourself up to date with their military developments. In real life, they've developed new ballistic missile that flies so fast and can release 3 warheads + 4 decoy warheads, that it renders US anti-missile defenses obsolete. The missile is the SS-27 Topol.

They've also developed a device that ionizes the air around an aircraft, which scrambles radar waves thereby giving the aircraft a low radar signature. Translation... "stealth". They've also developed aircraft like the S-37 Berkut air superiority fighter with forward swept wings, the MiG-1.42, Mi-28 Havoc attack helicopter, the Ka-50 Hokum attack helicopter, and ground vehicles like the BTR-90, the T-95 main battle tank..... and.... hell.... lemme ask you this...

Does this look like a country incapable of having the resources to construct at least a Prometheus type of intergalactic spacecraft? For all we know the Russians in the SG universe just might possess a healthier economy than they do in real life.

In real life... Russia is a lot richer than some of its old Soviet states like the "stan" countries, and the ones in Eastern Europe. Just don't get them confused.
          Yeah, and all that richness goes to the ones in power. The country is still as corrupt as ever. Also they didn't build good machinary they built alot of crappily built stuff figuring it was easier. Under the commusnist regieme, and they haven't changed much since. Also most of that stuff was good, and then well the centuary turned, and it was 20 years old. Because Stalin was pariond, and corruptness set in.
          Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
            Wow, you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I don't even know where to start.
            Yeah he/she doesn't know what they're talking about do they.

Comment

i dont see why ppl think it'll be a prometheus class, we need the best ships to protect the planet, the sgc aint gunna give the russians old designs because of sumthin petty like nations. BTW I still love the prommie lol

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                i dont see why ppl think it'll be a prometheus class, we need the best ships to protect the planet, the sgc aint gunna give the russians old designs because of sumthin petty like nations. BTW I still love the prommie lol
                lol.. can I say, hypocrite?
                Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                  lol.. can I say, hypocrite?
                  lol i love the prommie but it's not the best ship out there, earth will need as many of their best ships out there

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                    lol i love the prommie but it's not the best ship out there, earth will need as many of their best ships out there
                    Same here. The Prommie served her purpose. May she rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                      yes i do. meaning oil companies among others pay them off. hell why do ya think big company execs get off clean on serious crimes while people who steal gas or something (or dl music) get 10 years? answer me that. meaning not just russians as you put it are corruptable with money.
                      I'm there sure are a lot of Politian’s that are corrupt but they're nowhere near as corrupt as the rest of their counter parts throughout the world as a whole. The facts are that the U.S. has a lot of "checks and balances" (rules and regulations) set into place that most countries don't. In a lot of places around the world a substantial amount of political figures participate in activities that would be very illegal in the U.S. Hell if one of the U.S. politicians did some of the things I’ve heard and seen in other political systems there’d be some big media frenzy, and that person would probably go to jail for a very long time you think political contributions are wrong how about blatant bribery that’s offer to many of the U.S. congress counterparts around the world. As for the comment you made earlier about U.S. congressmen for sale well that’s just a part of our capitalist political system at its best. I mean where would Bill Clinton or President Bush be without political contributions. They might not have made it to the White house, because political contributions help finance campaigns and without them who knows who might have ended up in the U.S. political offices. I’m certainly not say that all is peachy in the U.S. political system because some big execs. probably have gotten with a slap on the wrist by calling in their political markers, but not from what I’ve been seeing lately. Haven't you heard of Enron, the Martha Stewart Stock trading scandal, the republican Senator (can’t think of his name right now) who had to resign last year because congress and /or the senate was ready to launch a full investigation on some of the political contribution that were made to his campaign and those are just the ones that come to mind as I'm typing this. I mean in a lot of countries political figures expect to be bribed and they also participate in activities that would be perceived as illegal are very unethical in the U.S. so I just don’t see how the U.S. is the worst.

Comment

Obviously, other nations are going to be an issue on the show if a plausible reality is to be maintained. There are several solutions they could implement to explain things and even further the story. Also I don't know if anyone has thought about this, but after awhile I think people would notice the hangars these ships are in. The U.S., Canada, China, and Russia are big landmasses that could hide such things. Britain and France however are very heavily populated and it would be hard to hide a hanger to house the BC-303.

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
                          Obviously, other nations are going to be an issue on the show if a plausible reality is to be maintained. There are several solutions they could implement to explain things and even further the story. Also I don't know if anyone has thought about this, but after awhile I think people would notice the hangars these ships are in. The U.S., Canada, China, and Russia are big landmasses that could hide such things. Britain and France however are very heavily populated and it would be hard to hide a hanger to house the BC-303.
                          There's also the fact that the world is getting suspicious, as noted my Cam's good-old friend, in 9x14, Stronghold.

Comment

It is possible with the tech we now have, to run two gates on the same planet. I thought the main problem was that teams could get sent to the wrong gate. Transporting them back would cost money and time. We could send up a few sattelites with Asguard beaming tech. This way if a team came to the wrong gate they could be beamed to the other gate. In order for this to work though, these gates would have to be linked. All information relating to departures and arrivals would have to be shared in order for this to work. The question is, who gets the D.H.D. and thus the dominant gate.

Comment

I thought that
                              Spoiler:
                              the DHD got blown up in 48 Hours

Comment

Originally posted by hypergate
                                It is possible with the tech we now have, to run two gates on the same planet. I thought the main problem was that teams could get sent to the wrong gate. Transporting them back would cost money and time. We could send up a few sattelites with Asguard beaming tech. This way if a team came to the wrong gate they could be beamed to the other gate. In order for this to work though, these gates would have to be linked. All information relating to departures and arrivals would have to be shared in order for this to work. The question is, who gets the D.H.D. and thus the dominant gate.
                                You might as well send them to the moon and do it. Also, we would have to be able to configurate satellites with beaming tech. It would be cool to have not only Ori type satellites (or even better: Ancient satellites) surrounding Earth to protect it but also have it equipped with beaming technology. People can fit inside Ancient satellites too so they can beam people into the satellites if enemies like the Ori come to destroy Earth.

Comment

Working...
                                X