This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    So who's going to try and get to this RDA and AT con?
    I would, except a) too expensive - flight, hotel, con, food, b) too many fans who want to see them together, c) I'd rather win a lunch with them or something like that. Quiet, private time to sit and chat. Although conventions are fun, I've usually done them for the people, not the actors.

Although it would be ultra-cool to go!

Originally posted by sueKay
    I already know I've failed...I can always tell how I've done, and I did terrible
    Aw. *hugs* You never know. I had a friend who's been 'failing' her classes for the last two years, and she still passes (and better than passes) when it comes to her results.

Sel.

Comment

It's been a long week. Not as long as poor Sue's, *sends happy shippy vibes to SuSu with good karma juju*, but long just the same. I'm off to beddy-bye. Catch you all later.

Comment

RDA at a con?? Wow! That is news. He's notorious for not doing them. Too bad it's in England. I might have to trade in one of my writers conferences for that!

Mei Mei, startled out of lurking by the news...

Comment

((((Suekay))))- I'm sending positive thoughts and wishes for you. Hang in there, hon

Terrah- while reading posts, I came across yours as I was eating dinner. Saw the vomiting smiley and started laughing....wasn't pretty

Happy Posting
          It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
            I think he said "lefsa" which is a Swedish nummie something like a tortilla roll-up with butter, sugar, and I think a little cinnamon. It's sort of desserty and sort of snacky and I would like it toasted for breakfast. As for the "snookums" I missed that altogether.

Changing topics, I don't want to rain on anyone's Jack and Laira Never Did It Parade but in Citizen Joe
            Spoiler:
            after Joe told the story of 100 days, his wife cried and asked if there were a child. He just gave her a cryptic look and said that she'd just have to wait and see. My take on that is that Jack didn't know yet, therefore neither did Joe. If they'd not "done it" then there would have been no reason for Mrs. Joe to ask. That's just my opinion.
            feel free to lob rotten produce in my general direction.
            Yeah, could be lefsa, or even RDA's way of saying lutefisk. (well, that's a stretch) Lefsa's good, lutefisk is......different. You wonder how much of this is RDA's famous or infamous changing the scripted dialogue

Comment

Well, I made 1000 posts............I think. I knew I was getting close, was about 25 away, but I haven't had that many posts,since then-----not enough to make 1014 which it what it said when I looked earlier today. And it didn't go up to 1015 when I posted just a bit ago. And even a post I wrote almost a month ago now says 1014. What's going on? I was going to find out when it went to 1000l

Edit:Well, now the earlier post is 1015, but so is this one?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                Well, I made 1000 posts............I think. I knew I was getting close, was about 25 away, but I haven't had that many posts,since then-----not enough to make 1014 which it what it said when I looked earlier today. And it didn't go up to 1015 when I posted just a bit ago. And even a post I wrote almost a month ago now says 1014. What's going on?
                Congratulations on 1015 posts Gatetrixer!
                sigpic

Comment

Congrates on 1015 Posts Gatetrixer!!! party woohooo

i waana go to that con! but i couldnt be bothered flying 24 hours to get there lol
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

CONGRATS GATETRIXER!!! 1015 POSTS!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

I hate flying but I'm not going to miss this opportunity. My passport is ready, all I need to know now is the wheres and the hows. WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah i live in Aust.. i love flying jsut not for thata long lol.. COME TO AUSTRALIA RDA AND AT!!!!
                        Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                        Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                          Season 10
                          Spoiler:

Yeah, the first thing that came to my mind was Jacks retirement ceremony. I am hoping the budding romance is Jack and Sam, but I was hoping their relationship would already be past that point. After all its been more than a year since Threads. As far as the slash, I could do without it.
                          Spoiler:
                          Jack's retirement
                          would be good news for a S/J relationship!
                          Originally posted by majorsal
                          a question for my fellow shippers.

how would you handle it if...

spoilers for s10 ep '200'

Spoiler:
                          the ship we get in '200' isn't *real*?

what if what we see is the gang making up ideas for the proposed movie that martin is a part of? what if we see sam and jack get married or kiss, but it's all from the point of view of their movie characters? <it wouldn't be the real sam and jack experiencing this groovy stuff>

would you be able to enjoy this? accept this?

my answer? yes. i'll take ANY ship between sam and jack i can get!

but i also know that we'll eventually get *the real thing* before the end of the 'series'.

think about this question, shippers, because there's a huge chance this is the kind of ship we'll get. be prepared.

i personally don't see this as a bad thing. remember, we had literally nothing in season 9. now we'll have rda-jack and at-sam actually IN THE SAME ROOM, doing their ship thang (which all they have to do is look at one another and we're melting ).

so what do you say? thoughts? feeling?

sally
                          One observation: If it turned out to be
                          Spoiler:
                          ideas for the WXT movie, then they wouldn't be "jumping sharks all over the place" as AT said, would they? I think the Jack retirement ceremony is a real possibility. With that done, the Sam/Jack relationship (presumably put on hold AGAIN when Sam rejoined SG1 maybe?) would be free to move forward without violating those nasty regs, right?

I think the S/J ship is the "forbidden romance that finally blooms". And I think it has to move forward in our reality.....or no sharks have been jumped. We've had AU Sam/Jack.....even engaged and married AU Sam/Jack.....since S1.

Then, there's also the GRABIT announcement (I gotta go get some lottery tickets!). I'm really optimistic that our Ship is about to come in!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            Well, I made 1000 posts............I think. I knew I was getting close, was about 25 away, but I haven't had that many posts,since then-----not enough to make 1014 which it what it said when I looked earlier today. And it didn't go up to 1015 when I posted just a bit ago. And even a post I wrote almost a month ago now says 1014. What's going on? I was going to find out when it went to 1000l

Edit:Well, now the earlier post is 1015, but so is this one?????????
                            Congratulations on 1,000 posts, SG-1Poz!
                            Congratulations on more than 1,000 posts, Gatetrixer!

(What's a few posts between shippers?)
                            Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 12 May 2006, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
                              You mean like this Sorry I've always wanted to use that smilie.

Have you had that vomiting bug going round? I had it a few weeks ago, actually the whole family went down with it, I thought I was gonna die.
                              *shouts* Terrah Just as I'm laughing at your smilie, Naomi pukes all over me. I blame YOU!

Fantastic news about Gabit!! Thanks MB This last couple of weeks is just full of good news

RDA returns to SG-1
                              We get told to expect Ship
                              RDA attending Gabit

I love this retirement thing RDA has going on

Now all that remains is for us to fight out who gets to play Patty and Selma
                              sigpic

Comment

*deep breath* At the risk of sounding completely thick ....

What does "jumping sharks all over the place" mean????

a)Everyone getting excited?
                                b)Sam & Jack jumping each other every chance they get? (< my preferred option )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X