This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    Is it because Atlantis is in trouble, and needs a ratings boost that they think RDA will bring?
    Is it because having Jack back will remind people of the 'real' SG-1 and all the good shows from eight years?
    Is it because having Jack back will show up how utterly incompetent Mitchell really is?
    Is it because TPTB have been smoking crack, and now live in some drug-induced happy state? (I'm only joking )
    It's because they love to keep you twisting in the wind, so you'll stay interested. Keep the faith. RDA wouldn't come back to screw with us. I still think
    Spoiler:
    they're going to play the S/J ship out on SGA to get those of you who don't watch it to try it. Just because they haven't told you Sam will be there doesn't mean she won't be. They never reveal everything. And no matter what, never ever doubt Jack. He only has eyes for Sam. And before you say it, Kerry was just a way of drowning out his sorrows because he thought he had lost Sam forever! Never doubt Jack. And I also don't think RDA would do anything that would damage the character of Jack O'Neill. Our ship will sail!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
      Where the new interview on the ship Sal?
      it's the new article - http://www.multichannel.com/article/...ay=Top+Stories - that we've been talking about. it acknowledged sam/jack!!

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        a question for my fellow shippers.

how would you handle it if...

spoilers for s10 ep '200'

Spoiler:
        the ship we get in '200' isn't *real*?

what if what we see is the gang making up ideas for the proposed movie that martin is a part of? what if we see sam and jack get married or kiss, but it's all from the point of view of their movie characters? <it wouldn't be the real sam and jack experiencing this groovy stuff>

would you be able to enjoy this? accept this?

my answer? yes. i'll take ANY ship between sam and jack i can get!

but i also know that we'll eventually get *the real thing* before the end of the 'series'.

think about this question, shippers, because there's a huge chance this is the kind of ship we'll get. be prepared.

i personally don't see this as a bad thing. remember, we had literally nothing in season 9. now we'll have rda-jack and at-sam actually IN THE SAME ROOM, doing their ship thang (which all they have to do is look at one another and we're melting ).

so what do you say? thoughts? feeling?

sally
        To be honest Sally, this is what I'm expecting.
        Spoiler:
        I'll not be overly happy cos it will be a wasted opportunity - but as long as it prompts a shippy look between the real Sam & Jack or some sort of real reaction, I'll be happy.
        Last edited by Oma-1; 10 May 2006, 07:42 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          it's the new article - http://www.multichannel.com/article/...ay=Top+Stories - that we've been talking about. it acknowledged sam/jack!!

sally
          Thanks!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MirthMistress
            Question: how long do the radios keep a charge? We're supposed to believe that Jack's kept a charge for 100 days. Can anyone comment on the validity of this?
            Naqadah enhanced batteries. Keeps the ship bunnies running longer
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              Sally I'm hoping for the best.Maybe TPTB will have
              Spoiler:
              Sam and Jack get together in the 200th.I'm sure most people expect Sam and Jack to get together in the last episode of SG-1 or a Movie so maybe TPTB will shock everyone for the 200th and give us a wedding.I would be shocked if we get the Sam/Jack Ship resoultion in the 200th.I will not complain if we get the resoultion.If there is no real Sam/Jack Ship in the 200th I will be very disappointed.We should be beyond the point of AU or fantasy Sam/Jack Ship.

you never know, ses, you never know.

history says to me to be leery of things, so i'm just being... careful.

BUT STILL VERY EXCITED!!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                To be honest Sally, this is what I'm expecting.
                Spoiler:
                I'll not be overly happy cos it will be a wasted opportunity - but as long as it prompts a shippy look between the real Sam & Jack or some sort of real reaction, I'll be happy.
                that's *exactly* how i think it's going to play out!

Spoiler:
                what i 'think' is going on here is that the actors are giving martin ideas for the movie. i don't know if it'll be sam or jack (or someone else completely) that suggest s/j ship, but whatever we get to see, i think it's going to be GREAT!

and just imagine the looks on sam and jack's faces when they hear the idea. we, the viewers, will 'see' the idea, but sam and jack will only hear it...

i can't wait to see their reactions!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the emergency relief, you all. I think I'd be blind otherwise. I agree that Jack didn't love Laira and I also enjoyed seeing ship from Sam's pov. I just think Jack gave up too early. He should know how far from either Earth or another world with a gate and that sooner or later someone would come get him ie, Tollen, Tok'ra, Asgard. Especially after all the "we're going to get out of this" talks he's had. Think Solitudes.
                  Agreed. He lasted 4 months in an Iraqi prison camp but didn't manage to keep the faith for 100 days with SG-1???? I thought he would have had more faith in them than that.

I'm trying to look a bit deeper to see if I can come up with another alternative motivation for Jack being with Laira other than having given up on rescue - mainly cos I really don't think he'd have given up that easily. Someone mentioned Jack's attitude in Solitudes (edit: LOL it was you!) - he certainly wasn't giving up then despite being so badly injured. And when you think about what it took in Abyss for Jack to ask Daniel to end it... even that was because Daniel had told him that no one knew where he was.

So I think the reason may have been because of Charlie. Maybe Jack is so longing to be a father again this is his main motivation. Any relationship with Sam is a no-go - plus at this point, I don't think he really knows how she feels about him. So he's not giving up on getting home or giving up on SG-1, rather he's not giving up on being a father again.

Yes I know it's not entirely rational for him to be thinking this way - I mean, visits would be extremely difficult with the child being on the opposite side of the galaxy rather than the other side of town, but let's remember Laira gets him completely plastered and his judgement would be impaired!

Don't pelt me with tomatoes, I'm just grasping at straws cos I hate the idea so much that Jack would have lost the faith with SG-1 or any of their allies to find a way to bring him home. He had 100 days to think of alternative ways of rescue fcol!
                  Last edited by Oma-1; 10 May 2006, 07:43 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Someone mentioned Jack's attitude in Solitudes - he certainly wasn't giving up then despite being so badly injured. And when you think about what it took in Abyss for Jack to ask Daniel to end it... even that was because Daniel had told him that no one knew where he was.
                    As far as 'Solitudes' goes, maybe Jack's refusal to give up had something to do with the fact that Sam was present and that she was about ready to admit defeat. If Jack had let her give up, or given up himself, they might not have made it. He had to keep hope alive for both their sakes.

On Edora, he didn't have to put a brave face on and maybe that was one of the reasons he gave up more quickly.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                      Laira was quite a bit shorter than Jack, he had to bend his neck so much to kiss her that his neck got sore and he rested his head there to ease the ache. Hope that eases your pain.
                      Niiiiice spin! I like your thinking!

Oops, have I got the wrong scene? I was thinking of the 2 kisses. Did he hug her somewhere else, like maybe at the dance?
                      Nope, you had it right...unfortunately.

Spoiler:
                      Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

Agreed. He lasted 4 months in an Iraqi prison camp but didn't manage to keep the faith for 100 days with SG-1???? I thought he would have had more faith in them than that.

I'm trying to look a bit deeper to see if I can come up with another alternative motivation for Jack being with Laira other than having given up on rescue - mainly cos I really don't think he'd have given up that easily. Someone mentioned Jack's attitude in Solitudes (edit: LOL it was you!) - he certainly wasn't giving up then despite being so badly injured. And when you think about what it took in Abyss for Jack to ask Daniel to end it... even that was because Daniel had told him that no one knew where he was.

So I think the reason may have been because of Charlie. Maybe Jack is so longing to be a father again this is his main motivation. Any relationship with Sam is a no-go - plus at this point, I don't think he really knows how she feels about him. So he's not giving up on getting home or giving up on SG-1, rather he's not giving up on being a father again.

Yes I know it's not entirely rational for him to be thinking this way - I mean, visits would be extremely difficult with the child being on the opposite side of the galaxy rather than the other side of town, but let's remember Laira gets him completely plastered and his judgement would be impaired!

Don't pelt me with tomatoes, I'm just grasping at straws cos I hate the idea so much that Jack would have lost the faith with SG-1 or any of their allies to find a way to bring him home. He had 100 days to think of alternative ways of rescue fcol!

Do you think he talked to Laira about Charlie at all? You've got to wonder if Laira knew just what to say to get him to go the next step, as it were. Maybe she thought "it's been long enough, let's do it" wouldn't work. Maybe the usual Edoran words were what she said. Their population was so small they couldn't worry about preliminaries like love and marriage. I'm reaching, but having a bit of fun doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          Supposedly RDA was for such a plot(he wanted it to be a girl), but really how could that have fit in with all SG-1 did in future episodes? It would have been a drag on storylines and probably would end with the writers ignoring it, just like Cassie has been ignored. Or else they'd kill off Laira and/or the child to get rid of them and that would be too much with Jack having lost Charlie. (was gonna say overkill)

I must confess that 100 Days was the first episode I remember seeing(on syndication-we didn't get Showtime) , I may have seen one or two before, but I became a fan after 100 Days because it was shippy and I didn't know anything about any of the characters yet. Upon seeing it after I got to know the characters and became a Sam/Jack shipper, naturally I disliked how Jack treated Sam, both at the beginning and the end of the story. Some other notations: Laira's coy hints to Jack "it's too soon" and Jack's denseness about them (real or a defense system?). Laira's wanting to ditch Jack's SG-1 clothes--in a civilization where you have to make everything you don't throw away perfectly good apparel, so that showed more manipulation on her part. Did Garan stay away that last night on Mom's direction, so she could have Jack all to herself? I must admit that RDA/Jack was looking mighty fine all through this episode,including the dance/party scene where we got one of his rare real good smiles. I rather enjoyed the dance/party scene, though not the part where he hooks up with Laira.

Final thought: how difficult it must have been for Sam when she thinks he's going back to Edora and Laira in Shades of Grey.
                          Yeah that is one of the eps I saw before I became an official s/j shipper so I thought Laira and him were cute (blech now sorry I had to mention that at all lol) but the smile and his calmness there as he can finaly relax knowing that he could stay there and the biggest worry on his mind was his hangover from the crazy moonshine concoction he had tried lol.....Random note I could have sworn I saw Garen on an episode of Atlantis in Season 1 (got the box set for my b-day) I like the fact that he got another job on the show but I really get frustrated with continuity sometimes.

Yeah I can bet Sam was quite upset for a lot more things than just that especially considering Jack said "I haven't acted myself since I met you , now I'm acting like myself" like whoa.....I realise it was all a ploy but ouch I think Sam and Jack needed some time to sit down and have Jack apologize and let know Sam and Jack's friendship was solid a little more elaborate than what he did with Danny boy...I wonder what the conversation would have been had Sam got the short straw rather than Danny

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Question: how long do the radios keep a charge? We're supposed to believe that Jack's kept a charge for 100 days. Can anyone comment on the validity of this?
                            it appeared that after he had given up digging and finally decided to help rebuild the harvest and the village he turned the radio completely off. If I am not mistaken when Laira goes to throw away his clothes and radio and all that stuff she herself turned it on thus the batteries wouldn't have lost much life. I can only imagine how long some of them good walkie talkie batteries last, kinda like cell phone batteries...if I completely misunderstood your question I am sorry.

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Regarding the 100Days issue and Jack giving up:

Iraq was one thing. It was part of a scheduled mission, he knew that the people who 'lost' him had the capacity to come back after him, and he had Sara and Charlie waiting for him back at home. Those were hard certainties for Jack.

Edora was another matter. While the people who 'lost' him had the capacity to come back after him, it wasn't going to be an easy ride.

Remember, at this point, SG-1 haven't yet racked up points by saving the little grey Asgard butts, the Tollan aren't sharing the tech they have, and the Tok'ra are unreliable because of their vendetta against the Goa'uld - everything comes second to the fight against the Goa'uld. Add to that the fact that Stargate is cut off from Earth, possibly forever... Those basic odds aren't good to begin with.

Jack knows those things for a fact: he would have reasoned through it, hence his initial focus on digging out the Stargate.

And what does he have back on Earth? His team, yes. But Jack's been betrayed by team-mates before (the guy from A Matter Of Time), and at that point in their relationships the same degree of concrete connection isn't there as it was with Sara and Charlie. Jack was married to Sara - that means something in his books; while he's well aware that he's a friend to his team and they'd miss him, that doesn't have to translate to the kind of dedication that would do anything to have him back.

I don't like 100Days as an episode. I've only seen it once. Actually, I've only seen most SG-1 episodes once. But I find it reasonable, given the way Jack is shown to see himself, to think that when faced with no other options to get off the planet, he was willing to 'settle' with Laira and give up hope.

Jack's a practical man: he might occasionally wish for the moon, but he knows he has to live on planet Earth - or, in that case, planet Edora.

Sel.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! He does the head tuck thing!!!! *Runs screaming from the room clawing at eyes* Brain scrub!Brain scrub!
                                nah not the same way he does in Heroes

Spoiler:
                                The head tuck is so much better with Jack during that emotional hug...and he even deepens it more with his arms d'oh I really need to watch that hug again! *shippy sigh*

-JJ

sig by chlex

Comment

Working...
                                X