Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seldear- I'll be darned,didn't even think of that. The obsticles sort of came about in a domino affect...leading to one conclusion. Your right, having those particular relationships gives them a stronger foundation.

Happy Posting
    It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Originally posted by FaithStars
      ParadoxRealities- Nice!

Question:- With Sam and Jack, everything they have been through......what(in your opinion) was the greatest hardship they faced and could it now be thought as one of the reasons why they will make their relationship work.....stronger, wiser and happier?

Talk among yourselves.............

Happy Posting

BTW, congrats to those who made and passed 1000 posts!

I don't think it was any one thing, like one event, but seeing each other so many times in danger and having to act like the professionals they are and were. As far as that being one of the reasons that it will make their relationship work, I've read so many fics where Jack wants to limit Sam's dangers , but realizes he can't because she is who she is, and he respects her abilities and her somewhat difficult position in the realm of military politics as Jack's life partner. It will have to be Sam who decides if and when it's time to stop dangerous gate travel. (the Air Force notwithstanding) Conversely Sam would have to respect Jack's feelings about this and not get upset when he voices his fears about her safety. They have waited so long !

Comment

Gatetrixer- I agree, I said something similar a while back.....Jack doesn't have to complete Sam and that is one of the things that makes it work. Your right, the respect they have for eachother is another thing that radiates through all aspects of their life......

Happy Posting
        It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Seldear- I'll be darned,didn't even think of that. The obsticles sort of came about in a domino affect...leading to one conclusion. Your right, having those particular relationships gives them a stronger foundation.
          You asked a good question!

*waves 'clouds-and-silver-linings' platitudes*

Sel.

Comment

Goodnight bump!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              I don't know if anyone's answered your question, but you can find out what 'Jumping the Shark' is all about here. I hope that helps.
              Thanks Bev *worships at the feet of her Lord*

I've suddenly found a new phrase Although rather than "its all downhill from there", I'm going with
              Spoiler:
              "its all plain sailing from here on"! Wooooooooo Hoooooooo!

chants *I love AT I love AT I love AT I love AT I love AT*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                well, since no one's done it yet (come on, guys! get your head in the game!) here's your official Shipper Town Map and Ship Family Membership Card. Welcome to the Family!

the con's in the UK in early 2007, dunno where.
                *scrabbles around in purse*oma doesn't have a membership card*

*cough cough*begs*cough cough*

Can I get one of those
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by seldear
                  Pete Shanahan.

Okay, so Pete was the consequence of them not being able to be together and Sam deciding to move on and try other options instead of waiting for her and Jack, which was due to the regulations forbidding romantic relationships within a single chain of command.

So Pete happened because of the regs, and Kerry probably happened because of Pete.

I actually think that their relationship will work the better for Sam and Jack's respective previous relationships with Pete and Kerry, because it means they've chosen to be with each other after attempting other relationships and they know it's what they want as well as what the other wants.

Sel.
                  Huh! Ya beat me to it

^^ What she said (just pretend I called him Mr Spudly )
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gater_girl
                    Hey guys! i'm now to the forum but i've been following this thread for a while now.
                    Welcome, gater girl!!!!!

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities
                    well, since no one's done it yet (come on, guys! get your head in the game!) here's your official Shipper Town Map and Ship Family Membership Card. Welcome to the Family!

the con's in the UK in early 2007, dunno where.
                    There's a card?????? Where do I get my card?????? Eek--I've been here over a year with no card! (* faints *)

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      [B][I][CENTER][FONT="Book Antiqua"]There's a card?????? Where do I get my card?????? Eek--I've been here over a year with no card! (* faints *)
                      Same here, I've been here for a few months and never got one... We were left out!!

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
                        Yeah, I'm pretty sure Jack slept with Laira. Sorry but I don't know why he wouldn't have. He was sure that he was stranded on Edora for the rest of his life. He let go of the things that made him think of Earth. Yes he might have already had feelings for Sam at the time, but he thought he would never see her again. And IMO, being with another person is the best thing to do to forget someone.

But like I already said, I don't think she was pregnant. She would have contacted the SGC to tell Jack.

Maybe not (sorry for coming in a bit late)

Laira struck me as being an understanding sort of woman (in her own way). She understood Jack's reason for leaving, and did not use the thought of a possible child to make him stay. Now, thinking that she knows his thoughts and whatnot on children (and that's probably a topic that did come up on some form during Jack's time on Edora), she would know that he would take being a father again very seriously.

Because of this, I can see her not contacting Jack to tell him she was pregnant. Think about it. That's the one thing that could get him to leave the SGC and Earth to be with the child. Laira would know this. She'd also know that his reason for giving his life up and being there would be because of the child (mainly). That sort of sacrifice can make people very bitter, and she'd know he would be thinking about the SGC and Earth all the time.

I believe she would care about Jack enough to not force the decision by keeping knowledge of the child from him. And yes, I know that's not a good thing to do; it would come back and bite her hard because Jack would be very hurt if/when he came back and found out. But I can see her thinking that he won't be back. It is a cruel thing to do, but some women would do it, mistakenly thinking that they were sparing the father for whatever reason.

Mind you, I also believe that she wasn't actually pregnant, or that she lost the child. Like everyone else (it seems) Jack would have found it if he went back for a visit.

But that rests upon the idea that Jack did in fact go back. The only time Laira was mentioned again was in
                        Spoiler:
                        Citizen Joe
                        and Shades of Grey. The former doesnt have much to do with this discussion; and the mention in 'Shades of Grey' was the ruse to get Jack off world and into Maybourne's organization. So did jack ever really go back. If he did, no child (or it would have been mentioned somewhere). If he didn't...

Sorry for the long post, especially if this view (or part of it) has already been expressed. It was an idea that was bouncing around in my head at some point as I was remembering some people's arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          Yeah, could be lefsa, or even RDA's way of saying lutefisk. (well, that's a stretch) Lefsa's good, lutefisk is......different. You wonder how much of this is RDA's famous or infamous changing the scripted dialogue

Could be. But I'm sure I heard loofah (okay, maybe not that sure), but that's what the subtitles said

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                            *scrabbles around in purse*oma doesn't have a membership card*

*cough cough*begs*cough cough*

Can I get one of those

I'm beginning to think that Gater_girl may be the only one who has one.

And here I thought I missed out on something when I started posting here (back in December, I think it was. That's when I joined anyway...)

Hang on...

Comment

ParadoxRealities- Nice!

Question:- With Sam and Jack, everything they have been through......what(in your opinion) was one of the greatest hardships they faced and could it now be thought as one of the reasons why they will make their relationship work.....stronger, wiser and happier?

Talk among yourselves.............

Happy Posting

BTW, congrats to those who made and passed 1000 posts!
                              I agree with Gatetrixer and Seldear about the challenges Sam & Jack faced. But I also think they owe a lot to two other factors: trust and fate.

Trust: Let's face it. Sam and Jack have had it bad for each other since Divide & Conquer, although we know the feelings were building way before that. And what had also built by then was the trust between them, and how it connected them. They had fought side-by-side and saved each others' lives countless times. She always trusted him to make the right decision. He always trusted her to get them out of whatever mess they were in. Each knew the other would be there for him/her, whatever happened. It's why we've always been so committed to the ship. It would take an idiot not to see that connection!

But their relationship really became strained in S8, when came on the scene. After that elevator scene in Chimera (remember how tense that was?), Jack really distanced himself from Sam. People blamed the change in Jack on RDA, saying it indicated he didn't want to be on the show anymore. I disagree. I think RDA played it very well. Here was Jack O'Neill, who was used to being in the field and in the action. Suddenly, he finds himself pushing paper. He was dealing with that. And with the new job, he also lost his team (his family). Then, the woman he loves gets into a relationship with another man, and there's nothing he can do to stop it because he's her commanding officer. No wonder the guy changed! But still, a level of comfort remained in the talks Sam and Jack did have. That connection was still there, and without the trust they had built over the years, the fallout could have been much worse.

Fate: Without so many pieces falling into place, Sam & Jack would have never had the opportunity to become close again. Let's review:

1. A break in the war allowed them to defeat the Goa'uld and the Replicators. The seriousness of the war is what kept each from leaving the SGC (and maybe allowing them to explore a relationship sooner). They were both too valuable to the program, so they put their own needs on hold for the good of the rest of us.

2. Sam's approaching wedding was making her uncomfortable. She was beginning to realize that wasn't right for her, and that she didn't want a relationship badly enough to have it with the wrong guy.

3. Kerry saw the exchange between Sam & Jack on Jack's deck...and later broke off her relationship with Jack. It always troubled me that that one awkward exchange triggered her decision. I finally wrote a story (a missing scene) about what I think happened after Sam left Jack's house that day. After that, the whole thing made more sense to me. If you want to read it, it's at: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2672804/1/

4. Sadly, Jacob became deathly ill. In my story, Jack's unease over the phone call that sent Sam rushing to the SGC plays a role in what Kerry did next. I think Jacob's illness made Jack realize how much he needed to be with Sam.

5. Finally, Jack's reassignment opened the door for them to act on their feelings.

So, that's why I think the trust between Sam & Jack helped make them stronger in the end.....and why our couple also owe a lot to fate.

I hope that made sense. Maybe I'm just sleepy and rambling. But I still thank trust and fate for finally bringing Sam & Jack together!

Nighty-night!!!!!

Comment

Whoa that was mightly long 5 pages of catch up and ive only been gone about 4 hours!!! sg-1fanintn i so agreee with you!
                                Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                                Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Working...
                                X