X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jumble View Post
    Thanks Cags

How about the bit in Small Victories, where Jack looks at Sam through her magnifying glass?

Edit: (((((Lara))))) What's the difference between a smiley and a cranky?
    I have no idea I went onto Mala's thread and asked about a 'thunk' smiley and they answered that they were crankies. I just like the sound of that so 'crankies' it is

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    Oh Doh! Good one Jumble. I am suffering a severe case of Mumnesia today (have a poorly boy at the moment who missed his birthday trip to the zoo to see the penguins at the weekend because of it). i forgot all about the Nemesis/ Small Victories flirtyness. That was before it all got so... complicated.

Thanks Solo...oh Urgo...yep there's body laguage mirroring too which is always nice.

Thanks for the huggles Lara. You really don't want me PMing you questions. I'm apt to be a tad sublime (Solo will vouch for that!)
    What complicated? They're together! Tee-hee.

*starts skipping around the thread with pink shippy glasses and throws pink cotton candy all over the place*

No, I'm not ON something. I'm just a very shippy high person (that and the fact CSI Miami is finally taking her leading couple to a high )

Oh and Cags you really can PM me with questions. Spoilered for a bit darker convo:

Spoiler:
    I don't mind. I used to be a 'trust person' in highschool where teenagers could come to me with question about 'making love', 'boys', being pestered, mocket at, bad past, struggling home and personal sometimes embarrassing problems. I know I'm only 24 but let's just say I've had to take a lot in as a kid and went through things a child shouldn't have gone through but I won't let it beat me down. And having a virtual family like this, helped me and therefor I want to be that family to someone who needs it.

That was melachony and dark. But you know just wanted to stress the "family" part. I guess. Erm.

Oeh, let's PICSPAM!

*drags herself away from office pc to actually do some work in the shop*

Comment

WELCOME MISSGRACE
      sigpicMy Fanfic

Comment

I'm sorry, but 'Crankies' means a whole other thing to me (as in THE Crankies, ick) so I'll keep thinking of them as smileys

*hides the remains of the broccoli so Lara won't realise I put it in her tea*
        Last edited by Jumble; 04 February 2009, 09:09 AM.

Comment

now, I hate to bring up this touchy subject, i just am curious, did someone actually call in the mod or was she/he just on patrol?

also welcome Missgrace
          sigpic
          Made by Luvnjack... Thanks
          Spoiler:
          Proud to be an American

Comment

Hi Again
            Wow that sure had some ramifications that I would have never even dreamed of

Folks I fixed ONE word that was a typo and removed the jokes made over the one word. It wasn't awful and it wasn't way over the top but it did refer to the Male anatomy in a way that was inappropriate for a PG Forum.

Now you can all debate until the cows come home about whether or not this should be or not be a PG-whatever forum but right NOW its a PG Forum and that how the rules get applied when I look over something.

Next, I see a lot of folks making comments about how "We normally Mod ourselves" The Mods were called in" Yes I am a Moderator AND I am a Ship Family member. So guess what just happened. You were taken care of by your own. It was done in as nice a way as I could find. I wasn't rude, I wasn't hard assed. I didn't come in here guns blazing telling you off. I let you know that some folks were a bit uncomfortable with the direction of things. I removed something and it was a friendly reminder.

No one has told any of you to direct your discussion to an elementary level. No one has told you that you can not discuss the sexual aspects of this pairing. No one has told you can't have fun and enjoy the laughs produced by sexual innuendo. All that happened was a reminder was placed back in the front of your mind that there are younger folks here and so IF you are going to engage in that make sure you keep things clever. Because normally if its really clever your Mom or a child would be none the wiser.

For folks to post in a manner that makes it sound as if myself or even another Moderator would not be welcomed in here to do our job is disturbing to me to say the least. It reads as if these folks are being bullied. We take care of our own?? No Outsiders allowed?? This is extremely concerning to me.

The incident here was so minor that it didn't even warrant this many posts. It definitely didn't warrant the posts I am seeing of folks having their feelings hurt or folks making statements that I am somehow asking you to now dumb-down the discussion.

I asked you to be mindful of one fact and that was all. Please do not elaborate on my words as you are not me and do not have access into my thoughts. I said exactly what I meant nothing more was intended.

I am deeply sorry to those who have had their feelings hurt over this, you did not deserve that. each and every member of the Sam & Jack Family has always been a valued member as long as I have been part of it. No one is ever discounted and all opinions and feelings have always been taken into consideration. So I am deeply sorry that you have been hurt in this.

I hope that those who have imagined for more restriction in discussion have had their fears calmed as I never said that nor did I imply that. If in the future I have to moderate in this thread please do me the courtesy of asking me if you have a question regarding my post rather then taking someone's word for what I *meant*.

and to you Trupi (((hugs)) I have never in my entire time as a GW member or Moderator been Modded

Thank You
            TameFarrar
            GateWorld Moderator
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

BIG HUGE HONKING JACK LIKE HUGS TO EVERYONE ONLINE AT THE MOMENT

(((Lady_eliza)))
              (((luvnjack)))
              (((Merlinke)))
              (((O'Neill_Carter)))
              (((Solo)))
              (((TameFarrar)))
              (((UhSir)))

(some of you might get hugged twice but hey who's counting right )

For the funny looks they give each other

Comment

Aaaand, to get back on topic... sort of. I am trying to make a video, hopefully for Valenship (but don't hold your breath) and I'm after scenes of Jack being a bit, well, dumb, and Sam having to explain things to him...or just Jack being a bit goofy around Sam. Any season any time, just complete fluff. I'm having a complete mental blank about them; the only ones that come readily to mind are Red Sky (with the whole apple thing) and matter Of Time (again, with the apples and worms). That's the kind of stuff I am after. Can anyone help me out with suggestions?
                The scene in Point of View where Jack leaves Alt-Sam's room and meets Sam in the hallway has a nice goofy-Jack towards the end of their talk. In fact I just used it in my Valenship video and it's a hoot! Another one in Red Sky is when they are back at the SGC and Sam is briefing them and Jack interrupts and Sam says he's right and Jack is a bit goofy after that.

I'll dig through my list and see if I can find any others, but I know my list is sorely incomplete.

Comment

((((Tame))) We know that you just did your "job"...the whole thing was pulled out of proportion (perhaps)...but it's solved now. I think we don't want people in any way at all feel threatened in here, that's not the intention IMHO at least.

But let's not dwell

((((Ship Family))))

"Whoops, they saw us...snuggling"

now it's my feeding time
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
                    *gigglesnort*

Oh, I like this, but what's a flair?

My condolences to you and your family. (((hugs)))
                    Flair is an application on Facebook.com. You upload a pic into the application and it turns it into a pretty badge

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
                    *sigh* My morale's down again.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...sg701-0939.jpg
                    Carter you know me.
                    Yes sir.
                    I'm a simple man.
                    Yes sir.
                    I don't ask for much.
                    Never sir!
                    Is that sarcasm?
                    No Sir!
                    Anyway, is a little asphalt too much to ask?

I feel a little better.
                    Ahhh, good ole runway fluff

Oooh a Newbie to corrupt take under my tender wing and nurture.

Welcome MissGrace!

Do tell us; angst fluff or gutter? What's your flavour?

P.S. I forgot to say before, if I grab a green cookie and a purple cookie and lick all the icing off them, does that mean I end up with a grurple tongue?

Spoiler:

P.P.S. And that's the little man waking up. Best put the puter away before the keyboard takes a pounding or I am forced to wacth Balamory Kareoke one more flipping time.
                    Grurple?!?!?! ROFL!!!

*hugs* I still have nightmares from Balamory Karaoke

Originally posted by Solo View Post
                    LOL!! We're terribly childish, really. Infantile, almost. Mostly right now discussing the marvel that is SNOW!!! And how wondrously cool it's been in London the last few days (We'll get over it eventually!)

Oooh, Cags, there's the whole, "following, you, still, not," thing, too - can't remember the episode name though!
                    Lost City, Part 1, where they're discussing the Crossword in Daniel's office. It included the Uma Thurman/ Yeeesssssss exchange too I love that scene

In fact, I love the whole crossword thing, and it reminds me of this:

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post

WELCOME MISSGRACE

Oooooo! Another UKer Roughly whereabouts are you? I'm in Surrey

Edit: Luvnjack, enjoying your discussion there, fascinating

Well....*cough*....the picture being worth a thousand words, and all that...

sigpic

Comment

OT and i'm still shocked i can't believe i was robbed....

Spoiler:
                        the last 2 weeks are beign the most crappy of my whole life and today, i was going to the supermarket and then... a mexican guy asked me for information in spanish so i couldn't help him much them he showed to me his weapon and said that i should give my phone and my necklace for him ... that was the most wacky thing and then i was robbed !!! now i don't have my iPhone anymore that i worked so hard to buy ! because of a *¨$&%¨&¨%& .... w/e this life is so crazy sometimes ...

sweet

Welcome MissGrace!
                        Last edited by Rachel-Kree; 04 February 2009, 08:32 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

(((Rachel-Kree)))

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel-Kree View Post
                            OT and i'm still shocked i can't believe i was robbed....

Spoiler:
                            the last 2 weeks are beign the most crappy of my whole life and today, i was going to the supermarket and them a mexican guy asked me for information in spanish so i couldn't help him much them he showed to me his weapon and said that i should give my phone and my necklace for him ... that was the most wacky thing and then i was robbed !!! now i don't have my iPhone anymore that i worked so hard to buy ! because of a *¨$&%¨&¨%& .... w/e this life is so crazy sometimes ...

you were robbed??!! im shocked and dismayed, thats horrible *hugs*
                            sigpic
                            Made by Luvnjack... Thanks
                            Spoiler:
                            Proud to be an American

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X