Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd just like to make a point about the TV-14,that the US has. In Australia we have 5 major ratings.
    G- General
    PG- Parental guidance recommend for person under 15 years of age
    M- Mature Audiences
    MA-mature audiences parental guidance for persons under 15
    R- Restriced Persons over 18 years of age.

IMHO Ratings do nothing to deter younger audience from watching certain TV shows. I remeber when i was only a littly and i watched Buffy. that was rated M and on at 6:30 at night! I think it has alot to do with Parents monitoing their kids (and i'm not saying that anyone in here that has kids doesn't do that.) I've also seen younger kids at video shops, renting out MA movies with no parents and no check of ID by the Staff. BUt back to the original point.

But to raise the age level on the fourm isn't goin to stop people from getting in. I've lied over an age barrier for the internet before and i'm sure alot of people have. IMO it's not going to make much of a difference.

There are younger people in here I think we just have to be careful in the way we say things and what we post on the forum. A lot of things are going to go over their heads and the older people in the forum will get that meaning. I think it's just a matter of being aware that there is younger people on the forum, some without monitoring and some with, I believe we just have to watch what we say and do.

Back on topic!

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY for valenship!
    Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
    Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

Originally posted by Solo View Post
      First place I ever saw the word "flair" used for badges like that was in Office Space.

LOL NZNeep - my Mum's a vet. There's just nothing in the world I could say that would shock her. (Except, perhaps, "I'm joining a convent." That'd probably do it. For numerous reasons.)
      Ah, there's the problem....I thought it was like an icon....didn't realize it was a badge. Newbie mistake.

Originally posted by Seahen View Post
      Just wanted to say, I'd hate to see anyone have to leave the thread because their parents think it's too mature for them. Just remember, what's okay for some 13 year olds (I believe that's how old you have to be to have an account here, and I have seen some on this thread), isn't for others. With the anonymity of the Internet, it's easy to forget how young some of the people surfing it are. Anyway, sorry for dragging this on even more...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...-7x12-3223.jpg
      Arm wrestling again were we?
      Yep, but I won us Naquadah mining rights on 3 planets!
      That's my girl!
      LOL! Go Sam!

Originally posted by Gategirl95 View Post
      *polishes rosy-hued glasses*

Just back from watching Torment of Tantalus, noticed that Jack's hand was on Sam back when she was nearly killed by falling rocks, also (and this one isnt shippy) Ernest says "a United Nations of the stars* well, the United Nations wernt invented till after WWII and after he went through, I just love picking up goofs.
      I also for the first time noticed that Becket is also young Ernest, freaky... (Carson is my favorite guy on Atlantis)
      LOL, I didn't realize that was Paul either, until it was pointed out to me.
      I think he looks very different than he did in Atlantis. And of course, no delicious accent.

*raises hand meekly...*
      I'm mostly a lurker and not a very consistent one at that. I miss days and pages a lot of times.
      But, I have to say this is one of the more "tamer" threads that I visit. Especially in the C&R section.
      sigpic

Comment

*sigh* My morale's down again.

Carter you know me.
        Yes sir.
        I'm a simple man.
        Yes sir.
        I don't ask for much.
        Never sir!
        Is that sarcasm?
        No Sir!
        Anyway, is a little asphalt too much to ask?

I feel a little better.

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          Lara...hilarious!!!

That's the same in here...all our SG1 DVDs are for 12 years and older(our kind of rating) and SGA S1(and perhaps some other seasons of it as well, don't know for sure) are 16 years and older

Now time for sleep...have Shippy dreams
          I concur.......very funny

Comment

Carl writes: “What news from Carl Binder? How goes the SG1 movie script? Is there a title yet?”

Answer: No title yet. Carl has finished work on his first SGU script, Water, and is moving on to an outline for his second script. Once that is done, he’ll finish his pass on the SG-1 movie and then send it Brad’s way at which point Brad will do his pass.
            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...d-the-mailbag/
            sigpic
            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gategirl95 View Post
              I am feeling indignant,
              read this conversation:

Me: UGCgirl do you ship Jack and Sam?

UGCgirl: do i ship Jack and Sam?

Me:yeah, ship: push for their eventual marriage
              Jack O'Neill and Samantha Carter...

UGCgirl: hmmm..... well i don't know because i don't know if they are the right people for each other

*tries to remember that everyone has their opinion*

I guess that is a Polar Bear.
              this was on a game
              Hugs you. Smile, you are with friends now.

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              Hey, Shippers!

OT
              Spoiler:
              Sorry I haven't been around much. The drama cast has been working our mik'tas off all week. Our One Act play won first place at Sub-Sections on Saturday, which means we've moved onto Sections. Hopefully we'll win there, and be able to go to state. Hear's hoping!

*crosses fingers, Jonas-Style!*

(((Pol))) I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my prayers.

Yep, Young Ernest was indeed played by Paul McGillion, although I hardly recognized him without the Scottish accent!
              I didn't know that about young Ernest either! Wow, good catch! Break a leg on the drama and Pol, you have my condolences as well.

Originally posted by cc_mac View Post
              Ah, there's the problem....I thought it was like an icon....didn't realize it was a badge. Newbie mistake.

LOL! Go Sam!

LOL, I didn't realize that was Paul either, until it was pointed out to me.
              I think he looks very different than he did in Atlantis. And of course, no delicious accent.

*raises hand meekly...*
              I'm mostly a lurker and not a very consistent one at that. I miss days and pages a lot of times.
              But, I have to say this is one of the more "tamer" threads that I visit. Especially in the C&R section.
              It's ok on the mistake. We all make them. LOL! Go Sam! She is a pionner, fighting for rights and causes, as shown in Emancipation and the space race. I wonder if she won it the 2nd time around..

*sigh* My morale's down again.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/e...sg701-0939.jpg
              Carter you know me.
              Yes sir.
              I'm a simple man.
              Yes sir.
              I don't ask for much.
              Never sir!
              Is that sarcasm?
              No Sir!
              Anyway, is a little asphalt too much to ask?

I feel a little better.
              Lol.

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
              I concur.......very funny
              Yep.

Spoiler:
              It's been snowing like mad down here in Southampton and across the UK. This kind of snow hasn't been heard of or seen of in years. It's got to the point schools are closed. We went sledding in the snow down a local hill/s. That's never happened before to this extent, not even in my childhood, because of the weather and there's more to come on. The cold yesterday went past my toes to my ankles to my knees,which is rare in cold terms but I did have a lovely message written in the snow by Mike on sunday night saying "I love you" and he showed it to me through my front room windows. I did cry from happiness, as it was all I needed to know. In my heart, I was home. I've taken a photo of it before it melted away with the snow.

The panto is opening on friday night and both Mike and I have parts as Little John and Alana Dale, both parts of the band of merry men and women. I love my outfit and I wish I could take my props home. Dressed like that in the snow. Wow, what an incredible happy moment! I was home.
              sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
              My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
              http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
              http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
              Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Excellent news! Thanks, Jumper_One!
                sigpic

Comment

*enters thread and sets up a table with two boxes*
                  *looks around*

*opens boxes*
                  I've got enough GREEN and PURPLE Shipper Cookies for everyone, come and get 'em!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                    *sigh*

You know my feelings about gutter. I usually dive deeper into the angst cavern when you all get splashing about. But really. This was no worse than it's been in the past by any stretch of the imagination.

And maybe if moms have to keep a look out over their kids shoulders, then perhaps the age of the forum participation should be raised. I understand these things. My kid is 11 and I monitor pretty closely what she sees and doesn't. A forum where they discuss the adult nature of a relationship..and let's be honest, the whole "ship" thing isn't all hearts and flowers, it's about complex adult relationships and the incumbant baggage that goes with them...may not be suited for younger kids. Of course we want to be welcoming, but really. Are we not going to talk about "that scene" in Chimera now? Or babies (not that I like talking about that...but hey...you know..they really don't appear under cabbage leaves)? Or Kerry? Or Pete? Or the deeper emotional issues that S/J face because the topics are too mature for some of the younger members?

It's a Ship thread. "S" "E" "X" is going to be part of it, whether we pretend it isn't or not. Otherwise, we all might just as well be watching the Suite Life of Zack and Cody, for all the mature themes that can be discussed.
                    I guess I'm confused. It probably doesn't help that I missed what was modded so I feel like I only got half the conversation anyway (and from what I was told of one of the modded posts, it doesn't seem that bad and I've seen much worse on this thread so maybe we're all making mountains out of molehills here), but it doesn't seem to me that reminding people this is a PG thread is in anyway limiting the discussion on this thread to childish topics (however calling in the mods instead of letting us settle it ourselves I don't think is good). No one said that any of what you mentioned above was off limits. I mean, if it was, what would we talk about? I don't know. Maybe I confused the issue when I used the word "mature" in my original post. I was only meaning sexually explicit posts, not "mature" as in grown up discussion.

I mean, it's not like we can't we have "elementary school" level discussion and "graduate school" level discussion.

*realizes her posts are on the "pre-school" level discussion*

Uh, never mind. Don't listen to me.

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                      *looks around*

*opens boxes*
                      I've got enough GREEN and PURPLE Shipper Cookies for everyone, come and get 'em!!!
                      I could go for a cookie...
                      sigpic

Comment

*handing over a theoretical cookie*
                        There you go
                        sigpic
                        awesome siggie courtesy of jasminaGo

Comment

I guess I'm confused. It probably doesn't help that I missed what was modded so I feel like I only got half the conversation anyway (and from what I was told of one of the modded posts, it doesn't seem that bad and I've seen much worse on this thread so maybe we're all making mountains out of molehills here), but it doesn't seem to me that reminding people this is a PG thread is in anyway limiting the discussion on this thread to childish topics (however calling in the mods instead of letting us settle it ourselves I don't think is good). No one said that any of what you mentioned above was off limits. I mean, if it was, what would we talk about? I don't know. Maybe I confused the issue when I used the word "mature" in my original post. I was only meaning sexually explicit posts, not "mature" as in grown up discussion.

I mean, it's not like we can't we have "elementary school" level discussion and "graduate school" level discussion.

*realizes her posts are on the "pre-school" level discussion*

Uh, never mind. Don't listen to me.
                          I agree we can still have adult conversations but we maybe have to be careful how explicit we get online because of our younger posters (was the post that explicit?) I couldn't figure out what was so guttered but someone must have contacted the mods to stick their head into the conversation but I'm glad it was Tame. She's an original S/J shipper back when Shipperhoy created the thread (reason why we call her ship's mum). So she knows we are having fun but she has to do her job if someone complained. We have had some guttered conversations before and no moderations were done so I assume someone wasn't quite happy with the conversations. So there's no happy answer because it all depends on who's online and their tolerance level for gutter.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                            *looks around*

*opens boxes*
                            mmmm...yummy...

I must now get my mik'ta to bed

(((((Family)))))

'nite

Comment

Originally posted by ~Sarah~ View Post
                              *handing over a theoretical cookie*
                              There you go
                              *munches cookie...still feels a bit bummed out*

Wow....that really brought us down, didn't it? Okaaaay...random question, then?

Would Sam get Jack anything for Valentine's? Or would she forget cuz she's just too darn busy?
                              sigpic

Comment

How could you forget Valentine's Day?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X