Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atteria
    As a quick note, sorry, but I haven't had my surgery yet. A complication forced my very cute doc to cancel the surgery and reschedule it for July 18th. At least it's AFTER the 15th! I'll keep you posted, as once I go in hospital, I'll probably be unable to use my pc for awhile. Boo! Unless I can goad someone into buying me the laptop I've been eyeing and hinting about, for the past 2 weeks. LOL We'll see. I hate to play the sympathy card, but I REALLY want that laptop. WAIT! I've got it! I'll just say that if I had a laptop, I could continue to post here and you all would help to speed my recovery...laughter IS the best medicine. Think Lida would write me a note????
    Sounds like a plan!

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
      I don’t think this will qualify as a “coat of arms”. Everything I saw on the web had guns and swords and other unkind things. Of course, I could have supplied guns and swords, but Samanda is such a friendly and kind place I decided to decline.

As I said to Lys earlier, I don’t know what this should be called. I guess the closest is a plaque. Anyway, here it is and I look forward to suggestions for improvement! I hope to be able to keep up with Lys….

Samanda Plaque

Thanks to Kat for the Kingdom pic and Astrog for the gate and jello! Couldn't have done this without their help.
      There's a good website with plenty of free heraldic clipart at:
      http://www.heraldicclipart.com/catalog/index8.html

I'm tempted to tinker myself, having a wicked desire to produce something with a heraldic blazon of "blue jello rampant..."

Which is impossible, unfortunately, since blue jello is not a heraldic beasty... but "blue jello proper" is a possibility, I think. At any rate, one of my proteges in my medieval recreation group is a heraldry geek, and I can have her do a proper blazon for whatever coat-of-arms or device the kingdom adopts, if anyone is even remotely interested in such things.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
        There's a good website with plenty of free heraldic clipart at:
        http://www.heraldicclipart.com/catalog/index8.html

I'm tempted to tinker myself, having a wicked desire to produce something with a heraldic blazon of "blue jello rampant..."

Which is impossible, unfortunately, since blue jello is not a heraldic beasty... but "blue jello proper" is a possibility, I think. At any rate, one of my proteges in my medieval recreation group is a heraldry geek, and I can have her do a proper blazon for whatever coat-of-arms or device the kingdom adopts, if anyone is even remotely interested in such things.
        How impressive! And what an intriguing social group ... sounds like you can provide some terrific Samandan resources for us!

Comment

Just for Skydiver...here are a couple pics of Sam with Teal'c...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
            Interesting opinion ... I'm wondering if it's a male/female perspective ... I like the toning down and rebuilding of the original design and think Flag #5 is the most aesthetically pleasing. Whereas, CS, you seem to favor the more bold look of Strix ...
            Gosh, I hope it's not entirely a male/female perspective... While I may be frequently mistaken for a man, I'm very definitely female! I, like, have pictures of myself in dresses and things... I've even been known to wear heart-shaped necklaces and pearls!

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              i hope, if amanda brings olivia (which i think she will), she'll bring her on stage for a moment. just a quickie, then give her back to the nanny.
              Originally posted by Skydiver
              i don't blame amanda for being cautious. rda has been of wylie, in fact, i think all the boys have been of thier children. especially in amanda's case, i don't blame her. she's had some very real stalkers at cons. even a few years ago, before security became an issue, she had to have 'real' security folks accompany her because she had a couple of overenthusiastic fans
              Originally posted by majorsal
              now i've never heard about this. was this 'happy' fans that wanted to see amanda, or someone to be frightened of?

sally
              i think it was more along the line of fans that don't know the boundaries.

colin for example, is listed in the phone book and wants nothing to do with the security offered at cons. Amanda plays it more cautious. it's not like she's afraid, from what i've gathered, just cautious and more wanting to avoid anything unpleasant from happening
              I can understand Amanda's desire to be cautious, although bringing the baby out on stage for a couple of minutes sounds reasonable. But the stalking issue is really scary. Think about Rebecca Schafer (My Sister Sam), who was killed by an obsessive fan a few years ago.

And it's amazing how low you can be on the "celeb" chart and get bothered by nuts. When I was on the radio, I used to get totally unsolicited letters from guys in prison every once in awhile, and it spooked me. Of course, I just ignored them. To respond in any way could have been misinterpreted as encouragement. But the scariest one came from a guy who was from my hometown.....and whose ex-wife worked in my mother's office. So, if he still felt obsessed when he got out, he could potentially find my family! That was a little too close for comfort. I actually called the prison officials about it, and they spoke with him. Luckily, nothing ever came of it, but I was young and single at the time, and much too local a celebrity to have access to things like security people. So I can see why high profile people are very careful, and I don't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                How impressive! And what an intriguing social group ... sounds like you can provide some terrific Samandan resources for us!
                You didn't think I made up all of my qualifications for my security guard application, did you?

Hugs,
                Strix
                Last edited by Strix varia; 04 July 2005, 06:32 PM.

My LJ

Comment

my friend and i were talking, and i think since we're all big kids here, we can actually broach this topic here without it descending into WWIII

Without opening a theological debate, how do you think sam feels about religion? What religion or type of religion is she?

My opinion, i think that, when her mother was alive, sam went to church every sunday. I'm thinking a christian religion, largely because she doesn't strike me as Jewish and some version of christianity is rather common in the US.

I do think, however, that after her mom died, they didn't go to church anymore. Part of it could be that jacob maybe wasn't quite a church goer. another part is the typical 'taking your grief out on your religion' issues

I don't think that sam is very religious now. religious in worshipping a diety. I think that her 'religion' is science.
                  science can be proved and understood and proved whereas something faith based is harder for her to grasp.
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

my friend and i were talking, and i think since we're all big kids here, we can actually broach this topic here without it descending into WWIII

Without opening a theological debate, how do you think sam feels about religion? What religion or type of religion is she?

My opinion, i think that, when her mother was alive, sam went to church every sunday. I'm thinking a christian religion, largely because she doesn't strike me as Jewish and some version of christianity is rather common in the US.

I do think, however, that after her mom died, they didn't go to church anymore. Part of it could be that jacob maybe wasn't quite a church goer. another part is the typical 'taking your grief out on your religion' issues

I don't think that sam is very religious now. religious in worshipping a diety. I think that her 'religion' is science.
                    science can be proved and understood and proved whereas something faith based is harder for her to grasp.
                    Yep definately. Also I think the 8 years travelling around the galaxy battling enemies who impersonate Gods would kinda destroy any faith she might of had.

Comment

just posted in the joe thread

Originally Posted by binkpmmc
                      [QUOTE=JMallozzi]

Joe - in keeping with the one question per post rule:

I assume that by your statement and the definition of resume, we will see Carter resume her duties in her position as leader of SG1. Correct?

Thanks.

One would assume so.

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Skydiver]just posted in the joe thread

Originally posted by JMallozzi

I assume that by your statement and the definition of resume, we will see Carter resume her duties in her position as leader of SG1. Correct?

Thanks.

One would assume so.
                        You beat me to it Skydiver - I was just going to post this from JM. Yesterday I would have considered this good news but now I am not sure how to take this at this point though, especially in light of the TV Guide saying: "and Farscape hunk Ben Browder, whose Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell will lead the SG-1 team". Anyone see this answer from JM as a definitive answer that Carter will be in charge of the team? I am trying to see how this answer could be a ploy since many of his answers are misleading.

Comment

[QUOTE=Skydiver]just posted in the joe thread

Originally posted by JMallozzi

Thanks.

One would assume so.
                          I started to go, YIPPEEE!!!!! But then, I got to thinking about how Joe uses words, and I'm not certain. It really sounds like good news though.

Comment

joe seems to be in a bit of a short mood tonight

he also contradicted the stargate magazine.

in the most recent one, they said that lexa auditioned for the role of Lam. yet according to joe, she was thier first and only choice

bet there's a lot of actors who'd like to get auditions like that huh????

single choice auditions, the dream of every actor

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=binkpmmc]
                              just posted in the joe thread

You beat me to it Skydiver - I was just going to post this from JM. Yesterday I would have considered this good news but now I am not sure how to take this at this point though, especially in light of the TV Guide saying: "and Farscape hunk Ben Browder, whose Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell will lead the SG-1 team". Anyone see this answer from JM as a definitive answer that Carter will be in charge of the team? I am trying to see how this answer could be a ploy since many of his answers are misleading.
                              The answer is a non-answer.

Just because "one might assume so" does not mean that it "is so."

It just means..."one might assume so" (and possibly be surprised/horrified by what really will happen).

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

[QUOTE=ÜberSG-1Fan]
                                Originally posted by binkpmmc
                                The answer is a non-answer.

Just because "one might assume so" does not mean that it "is so."

It just means..."one might assume so" (and possibly be surprised/horrified by what really will happen).
                                You are all too fast. I was going to bring up Joe and his "non-answer" answers.

Comment

Working...
                                X