Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post

I LOVED THIS VID you did a great job with it and I loved the stills...amazing!!! You got some great talent!!!

Ok I think I said it all...now goes to bed to lay down her head from all the reading lol
    Why thankies very munch.

I so lucked out for the AT chat next Friday. We are having a sweethearts dance that evening for our residents. ((Planing on make a video))) So I don't have to go into work until noon. Plus I live in Oregon so I am in the same time zone.

Sanctuary
    Spoiler:
    I am looking forward to this. I am hoping that her character is a vampire because I have always had a thing for Vampire Movies. But my guess is that she is an immortal. (Do I have to go in the dog house now?) It kind of made me think about A League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

Some of Kir’s Thoughts.

Often times it is the negative that gets all the attention pulling away from the positive. The negative wounds us so that it takes ten times more positive to ease the hurt that is has caused. For me I would rather be thought of as a kind compassionate person than some one who spills hurt and thoughtlessness into this very short time I have in this world called my life.

That is all I have to say bout that.

“Dwelling on the negative simply contributes to its power” Shirley MacLaine.

Carry the good with you.

Mary Anne The

Aka KirFect

"The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it."--Thucydides

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post

As far as Amanda smoking? I have no idea if she smokes. I do believe I read that she did smoke at one time, but smoking is not something that a person can normally do secretively and get away with it if they do it on a regular basis. Unless precautions are taken, the teeth and fingers generally will have stains, and their breath, clothing, and hair will normally reek of smoke to a non-smoker and in the past five times I have met Amanda I have yet to smell smoke on her. That's not to say she does not smoke, I just would find it very hard to believe. So, I would simply dismiss the comment as another person trying to make Amanda look badly.

and besides, smoking isn't bad, it's just bad for you. (i have yet to see a smoker get into a car and mow down ppl because of their 'disability')

sorry.

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post

Now about Sanctuary...

Spoiler:
        I definitely agree about it being set in the present, which makes it so much more interesting. This Helen is old so she'll probably have like some of those 'old' ways about her and stuff; it'll be interesting to see someone that old in a present-day show. I don't really know much about Jack the Ripper (I guess I really have been living on another planet) but it does sound very cool.

I was wondering if her age meant that it's because some kind of Powers believes that she's the only one capable of running this sanctuary or that she has some divine reason or she was chosen for the job. Very cool

someone tell me if we need spoiler tags?

Spoiler:
        one thing i hope for, is if they decide to have jack the ripper shown in an ep, i soooo hope they pick a good and HUNKY actor!

i know this will sound petty, but the vast majority of actors they've picked to play sam's love interests just bore me silly. i've only 'enjoyed' rda and sean patrick flannery (orlin). but then again, it's all personal tastes.

(wonders how long it'll take before i make a 'helen's a great character thread'?)

sally

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
          I am woefully and painfully slow when it comes to catching up. Dang wrong side of the pond I am thrilled that we've had more news on Sanctuary! Looks like it'll be the right shade of dark and daring. And greenscreen - wow - talk about rustling up some skills! Question: Do we have to 'spoiler' our talk on the series? Just so I know for future reference . Anything with Amanda is my cup of tea. And I do believe she has a knack for accents, I don't think she'll let the Brits down. And 157... man she looks... good for her age
          questions concerning 'santuary'.

how does this 'interactive' thing work? will there be an episode, then you can go into it and change things or something? or is it that after the ep, you can take some virtual tour or something? i know *nothing* about interactive game playing and such.

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
            I remember hearing it was an Indian. Yeh, I think it was in the audio commentary.

I was just giving a little insight to my character. On the road there are times
            that I have a little need for open air and the need for speed.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post

ETA2: As for the youtube video recognition, I wouldn't be surprised if she was talking about the vids they play at conventions. I don't see her actively looking for vids on youtube.
              you know, i thought that's what she meant too. but, amanda mentioned some guy dancing in a vid there, and how many views it had. (btw, i watched it ). anyhoo, that had to have meant she went there, so maybe she wanted to see what stargate stuff was there and searched stargate or her name and found just how many vids there was really for her. so maybe she 'did' watch some ship vids... or maybe she just saw them at the con.

i was a big help, wasn't i?

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                questions concerning 'santuary'.

how does this 'interactive' thing work? will there be an episode, then you can go into it and change things or something? or is it that after the ep, you can take some virtual tour or something? i know *nothing* about interactive game playing and such.

sally
                OK first off the bat I'll just point out that we really don't know yet HOWEVER I will take a guess at it based on how Amanda talked about it.

What Amanda was talking about sounded like being able to take a virtual tour of the world they create. Will there be other features? Possibly and probably later down the track but I don't think they'll get too complicated at this, the pilot, stage because funding is the big bug bear. They'll already have spent the money creating the virtual world for the show so having it available for virtual tours isn't too much of a stretch.

They may have other things in mind and seeing as Marc Aubanel (he's worked on games for Electronic Arts) is involved I won't be too surprised at anything they come up with.

Have I mentioned lately how excited about this I am???
                -

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                  My guess?
                  Spoiler:
                  Jack the Ripper is one of the most notorious and famous criminal masterminds of all time. I would guess that he was one of the 'strange' individuals that Helen's father helped with the "Sanctuary" in the beginning, and he simply went - evil - on them, or wouldn't abide by the rules of the Sanctuary. Either that or he was another doctor who worked with the Sanctuary (JTR was, supposedly, also a doctor - so he and Helen would have that in common). That would also mean that "Jack" could be an ongoing guest star in the series and a continual pivot-point for the conflict between he and Helen as well as their daughter (who will probably have a lot of inner turmoil over the whole thing and be torn back and forth between both sides - the lure of not abiding by rules and doing whatever you want with your 'special' ability has long been the vice of many superhero stories' villains). It could be they're going to tell us that the reason JTR was so good at what he did - is because he wasn't entirely a 'normal' human. Sort of like X-Men meets Buffy meets Highlander ... not all of the X-Men believed in Xavier's non intrusive (selfless) ideology either.
                  Omigosh, I have to set you guys straight ... everyone's misunderstood Amanda completely ... here's the real scoop:

Spoiler:
                  Dr. Helen fell in love with Jack the Stripper and can't get him out of her system ...

Majorsal is gonna sooooooooo love Sanctuary.

Comment

i think amanda not riding the bike is a combo of several things

in the case of the indian, it is a near priceless bike and, from what i heard, they weren't allowed to TOUCH it, much less get on it.

in other ways, i think it's a combo of insurance issues (ie amanda falling off and getting hurt) and the lack of story that would really have her on her bike adn be worth setting up the shot

--

eta, oh, man, does rick have knobby knees or what????
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

... oh, man, does rick have knobby knees or what????
                      Hmm, that certainly wasn't my focal point but now that you mention ....

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                        Omigosh, I have to set you guys straight ... everyone's misunderstood Amanda completely ... here's the real scoop:

Spoiler:
                        Dr. Helen fell in love with Jack the Stripper and can't get him out of her system ...

THWACK!

Bad! CG, Bad!

amused
                        suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Ok everyone there is a new hurt and heal game out in the games thread...so feel free to vote for Sam...You can vote once a day... and I know if we work together we can make her number one...I know it is something little but I think it is a way to show how much we adore Sam and how we support her...So feel free to play you can find the thread here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=40346

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post

Spoiler:

~faints~

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

O.K., my daughter and I got to watch the You tube interview today. Awesome!
                              8 year old daughter's comments:
                              Spoiler:
                              "Mom, look at Amanda's hair! Wow!"
                              "I love Amanda's necklace. She's got good taste."
                              "Does she mean her baby is kick--I'm not gonna say it?"
                              "Who's Jack the tripper?" (not a spelling error)
                              "I think I'm big enough to watch vampires now."
                              And of course the second it ended, "Can we watch it one more time?"

She is such a little Samandan, and her mom is so proud! She thinks she is big enough to watch Sanctuary; but when we watched last night's episode of Smallville, she jumped up on the couch in between her dad and brother and hid her eyes behind her brother's superman cape. (Hey, he's an eight year old boy. Of course, he wears his superman cape when he watches Smallville.)

My thoughts on the interview:
                              Spoiler:
                              Wow, Amanda is just so funny. She looked really comfortable during the interview, and she is so excited about her new project and her own ship. Who could help but get excited after watching her talk? My thoughts on the series go along the same lines as everyone else's opinions. I bet she is a vampire, and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Jack the Ripper probably is too. I'm really excited about seeing Helen the doctor/mom/vampire?/superhero?, and I have no doubt that Amanda is going to make it in to the Guiness Book again with this one.

BTW, I love that Rick pick, Chompin Gal.

Comment

hi everybody... hope everything is fine.... I mean absolutely brilliant!!

I just wanted to say thankyou to absolutely everybody for spreading so much positive energy aroung GateWorld and in paricular this Thread. It is great coming here and its like a shelter from the real world... everybody is so friendly all the time... I justed wanted to say thanks!!
                                sigpic
                                And many thanks to Anneleis for this spectacular sig!!

Comment

Working...
                                X