Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazedturkey View Post
    Spoiler:

dude! what would Cameron say? Haven't you played with his heart enough!

Unless...*has sneaky idea for an OT3 fic*
    Dude.... look at the thinness of that ice...
    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
      Dude.... look at the thinness of that ice...
      I've just managed to watch Amanda's interview after waiting for 1 1/2 hours for it to down load from my dial up (can't wait for my broadband conection coming soon)
      I really do like what is coming out about this new show, it sounds very well thought out from what we have heard so far, good solid story with lots of "interesting" new things for us viewers to try out!
      You know when i watched Amanda doing this interview i was thinking this lady is really going to make her mark with this new character and it will run along side her character of Sam Carter in drawing more fans in to her very special acting skills! How often does that happen in an actors career, big following for two remarkable characters (even if we hav'nt seen her new one yet)
      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
        But I am wondering how Sky came to be in a position to offer people a chocolate-covered Jack in the first place. And, depending on whether the confectionary is vertical or horizontal, where precisely she "topped" him with a cherry.

Spoiler:
        And Cam is going to wonder what exactly is going on
        yes positions. It's all about the positions

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        Don't forget the drop cloth to protect the carpet.
        carpet??? what makes you think we're gonna get anywhere near the carpet????
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
          Congrats!

I'm going to go with no to the part in blue. I don't think
          Spoiler:
          Helanda
          seems like a good name for this bunch...well, maybe sometimes...

SQUEEEEE! As soon as I saw how many pages we'd racked up tonight, I knew we finally had Sanctuary information! O.K., I am going to have a new computer by show time, but I don't have it yet so no Youtube for me. I'm so tempted to drive 35 minutes to my mom's house and use her computer, but it is almost midnight and I'd hate to wake her up. Let's see if I've got the most important details right.
          Spoiler:

Amanda plays Helen, a 157 year old doctor. She was married to Jack the Ripper and has a daughter by him. She works in the Sanctuary with 'special' people. This sounds cool. Not too dark for me. I'm happy.

Speculation: Could David or Paul be Jack?

And the S/J shipper in me has to do it...
          Spoiler:
          She has a daughter with Jack!!!!! Major SQUEE if her name is Grace!

She watches S/J videos! She wants RDA in movie number 2 and season 4 SGA! Did I miss anything really important?

The kids better work fast during their school day, so I can go to Mom's and watch youtube. I'm so excited!
          Spoiler:
          I think David had so much potential for this part, I really would like to see that !! Plus I like Mini's ideas about this character, so I'll keep my fingers crossed !!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mickspeed
          sigpic

Comment

Just watched the interview about Sanctuary on youtube. Thank you SOOO much to whomever uploaded it. I'm hoping this is just the first of MANY interviews that Amanda will be doing to promote the show. I'm guessing they will want to get a lot of buzz going on right before it actually goes live.

So wonderful to actually get some *news* about the the show and her character! Sanctuary spoilers/speculation:

Spoiler:
            Not only a really cool new look for Amanda (I'm loving that long dark hair!) but she'll be a doctor, 157 years old, a mother, and formerly engaged to Jack the Ripper. WOW. But the part that *just* sunk in for me - her character will be British, right? A British accent?!?! How COOL will that be?!?!
            sigpic
            Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I thought it was really cool when she talked about youtube itself. she knew there were a lot of samanda music vids on there. I posted 3.... maybe she watched mine. AAARRRRGGGHHH. she did say she watched the ones about her and jack. so cool. So we were right after all, vampires, werewolves and other ghouls. I for one love it.... all mysterious and dark. can't wait.
              : Now you, you I would listen to if you were reading a phonebook.
              Geeky : Oh brother...
              : See I love this whole sexy librarian thing...

Supporting Samantha Carter as leader of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                Just watched the interview about Sanctuary on youtube. Thank you SOOO much to whomever uploaded it. I'm hoping this is just the first of MANY interviews that Amanda will be doing to promote the show. I'm guessing they will want to get a lot of buzz going on right before it actually goes live.

So wonderful to actually get some *news* about the the show and her character! Sanctuary spoilers/speculation:

Spoiler:
                Not only a really cool new look for Amanda (I'm loving that long dark hair!) but she'll be a doctor, 157 years old, a mother, and formerly engaged to Jack the Ripper. WOW. But the part that *just* sunk in for me - her character will be British, right? A British accent?!?! How COOL will that be?!?!
                I didn't even pick that bit up,

Spoiler:
                I hope it's not that Hollywood British Accent that they use on films and stuff or in that episode of SG-1 where you had that British Ambassador. *shivers*

I trust Amanda will pull a great British accent off without going all cheesy on us.

Has anyone noticed that alot of supernatural/vampires/werewolves etc type shows are always based in England? Or is that just me.

Wendy
                Hugs
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
                  Spoiler:

I trust Amanda will pull a great British accent off without going all cheesy on us.
                  Spoiler:
                  Well her family is British, so she should have the accent down pat.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    more Sanctuary speculation:
                    Spoiler:
                    I was going to say the same thing. She was born in England, though she grew up in Canada. Don't get me wrong - I wouldn't mind if her character wasn't British, but it seems like it would make more sense if she was. Just looking forward to seeing Amanda do something SO different. I'm sure she is loving the challenge.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

My guess?
                      Spoiler:
                      Jack the Ripper is one of the most notorious and famous criminal masterminds of all time. I would guess that he was one of the 'strange' individuals that Helen's father helped with the "Sanctuary" in the beginning, and he simply went - evil - on them, or wouldn't abide by the rules of the Sanctuary. Either that or he was another doctor who worked with the Sanctuary (JTR was, supposedly, also a doctor - so he and Helen would have that in common). That would also mean that "Jack" could be an ongoing guest star in the series and a continual pivot-point for the conflict between he and Helen as well as their daughter (who will probably have a lot of inner turmoil over the whole thing and be torn back and forth between both sides - the lure of not abiding by rules and doing whatever you want with your 'special' ability has long been the vice of many superhero stories' villains). It could be they're going to tell us that the reason JTR was so good at what he did - is because he wasn't entirely a 'normal' human. Sort of like X-Men meets Buffy meets Highlander ... not all of the X-Men believed in Xavier's non intrusive (selfless) ideology either.
                      Hmmm, my guess is...

Spoiler:

...the story takes place in the present. Though I'm not sure it will be England. The Sanctuary compound her father set up could have been anywhere in the world. However according to Amanda, Helen is suppose to be 157 years old and the Jack the Ripper killings took place in 1888 so...

2007 - 1888 = 119
                      157 - 119 =

38 --- Helen's age when she sought Sanctuary.

So my guess is Helen and Jack meet before the killings. They were probably colleagues. Helen falls in love with Jack. They become engaged and soon she finds out that she is pregnant with his child( out of wedlock ).

After that I'm either guessing that Jack goes on his killing spree and she seeks Sanctuary to get away from him OR she disappears to have their child and Jack goes on a crazy killing spree...which leads us to our story.

The part I'm interested in is the how being around the creatures in the Sanctuary has blessed or perhaps cursed Helen with long life. I'm assuming it did the same thing for her daughter and if we are to assume the young, blond girl in the picture is her daughter then that leaves the question as to how her daughter would age 18 odd years and yet Helen doesn't appear to have aged at all. Maybe it has to do with close proximity to the creatures and Helen may not have allowed her daughter to be around them until she was older?

My husband's theory is that the aging process is just slowed substantially, but because children grow so quickly in the early years, her daughter appears to have aged 18 years over a 119 year period whereas Helen has probably only aged a year or two. Poor Helen, could you imagine having a toddler for thirty some years? Wow.

Not really sure, but it's a very interesting premise. Definitely looking forward to the new series.

Last edited by ForeverSg1; 09 February 2007, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kir_fect View Post
                        This will help get those bad images out of wee little brains. I promised another video and this one is pure Amanda. I hope enjoy. It is only 2 minutes do to killing my computer several times. This one is for all the Aunties ::HOLLER:: donut, bread buttered or not and of course jello lovers here!

Juicy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYRS8Fc6kg0

Now I need to go find a nightlight and a blankie and open the closet door.
                        Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        I just saw a really cool SG-1/SGA vid by youtube user budongchow, and I thought I'd share.

The song is REM's "End of the World," which admittedly has been done several times for SG-1. However, this is probably one of the highest quality music videos I've seen on youtube. Just as a forewarning, the episode has clips (as in 3 to 5-second clips) of every season from both series, including episodes up to Sunday and The Road Not Taken, at least - and maybe even beyond that.
                        Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                        Shipping News

This isn't for everyone, but those of us who gravitate to UST and endless possibilities of the heart on both SG1 and SGA, I think you'll like this fan video. It came across as sweet and simple ... really very nice ... and, hey, it's almost Valentine's Day anyhow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3eLi...elated&search=

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3eLipBsDmI

Enjoy!
                        These were all wonderful. Thanks for the recs.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        Awwww. She's just beautiful. Being an auntie is fun.
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                          I always forget that. Thanks and good point. Worry has faded.

Wendy
                          Hugs
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            Hmmm, my guess is...

Spoiler:

...the story takes place in the present. Though I'm not sure it will be London. According to Amanda, Helen is suppose to be 157 years old and the Jack the Ripper killings took place in 1888 so...

2007 - 1888 = 119
                            157 - 119 =

38 --- Helen's age when she sought Sanctuary.

So my guess is Helen and Jack meet before the killings. They were probably colleagues. Helen falls in love with Jack. They become engaged and soon she finds out that she is pregnant with his child( out of wedlock ).

After that I'm either guessing that Jack goes on his killing spree and she seeks Sanctuary to get away from him OR she disappears to have their child and Jack goes on a crazy killing spree...which leads us to our story.

The part I'm interested about is the how being around the creatures in the Sanctuary has blessed or perhaps cursed Helen with long life. I'm assuming it did the same thing for her daughter and if we are to assume the young, blond girl in the picture is her daughter then that leaves the question as to how her daughter would age 18 odd years and yet Helen doesn't appear to have aged at all. Maybe it has to do with close proximity to the creatures and Helen may not have allowed her daughter to be around them until she was older? Not sure, but it's a very interesting premise. Definitely looking forward to the new series.

Spoiler:
                            Yes, I agree it takes place in the present also. I also think they'll tie in Jack being a doctor. But I also think that Jack will turn out to be not entirely 'normal' ... one way or another, even if he did it to himself.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                            ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Hi all -
                              I've been an occasional lurker on this thread, but I've never posted here before.

I have a favor to ask from you. About a week ago I got bored and was checking out various actor's listing on IMDB.com to see what their new projects were. I wound up at Amanda's and made the mistake of checking out the message board there as well. IMDB's message boards are usually pretty boring (and short). The subjects on the boards come up with the most recent activity bringing that particular thread to the top.

What happened is that one of those poisonous types posted something stating that Amanda (or her people, depending upon which version she's telling) was mean to someone at Shore Leave. She also stated that Amanda was seen outside with Olivia and was smoking. The person making the accusations was NOT there and every time that we've been able to point out the truth to her, she just gets more vile.
                              We successfully got her initial posts deleted, but she just moved to the new thread that my friend had started. We're working on getting that thread deleted too.

Meanwhile, this is where you come in. Since the most recent threads show first, would some of you be willing to go to Amanda's IMDB.com page and make new threads there?
                              I know that the people on this thread already know that Amanda is beautiful, talented, a wonderful person, etc. All that you need to do is to create a bunch of threads over there saying the same things that you say over here. By doing that, the current thread will be buried deep down and eventually go away.

Please do not post on the current thread. That will just keep it active for her. I've already made that mistake.

Many of you on this thread have already met Amanda and have first-hand knowledge of how wonderful she is. I don't want this vile person to have the last word in a place that a lot of strangers that haven't met Amanda will see.

Thanks,

Kett Kettering
                              Shore Leave Co-Chair
                              Last edited by Skydiver; 09 February 2007, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
                                Yeah! *sobs* Work! Bah! But I like that chocolate covered Jack thing.
                                Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                                Weeeeeeeeeee!!!

Oh, the ooey gooey chocolately Jack possibilities.

Toss in a few cans of whipped cream and a handful of maraschino cherries and you're on.
                                Originally posted by MajorSam View Post
                                I've found that Nutella is actually a very good commodity to have as well
                                Oh my. The mind just boggles at the thought. In fact, I think my mind just overloaded and shut down.

Originally posted by ChevronSeven View Post
                                Sure, but if you heard some members of my family, you'd think that we'd have a decisively Southern accent, where as to me, it would be perfectly normal.
                                Same here. Where I'm from, most people don't hear an accent, in fact they would tell you I don't have one, but if I go up north or talk to my friends in Canada and the UK then they'd tell you that I most definitely do.

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                                Congrats!

SQUEEEEE! As soon as I saw how many pages we'd racked up tonight, I knew we finally had Sanctuary information! O.K., I am going to have a new computer by show time, but I don't have it yet so no Youtube for me. I'm so tempted to drive 35 minutes to my mom's house and use her computer, but it is almost midnight and I'd hate to wake her up. Let's see if I've got the most important details right.
                                [spoilers]
                                Amanda plays Helen, a 157 year old doctor. She was married to Jack the Ripper and has a daughter by him. She works in the Sanctuary with 'special' people. This sounds cool. Not too dark for me. I'm happy.

Speculation: Could David or Paul be Jack?
                                I was glad to see the interview. I'm still not sure if it's something I'll enjoy, vampires, werewolves etc, but it's not straight out horror and if the premise is good, I'll probably give it go. Looking forward to the 2 hour pilot, to see for sure.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X