Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
    LOL.
    I liked the movie the first time I watched it but when I tried to watch it again I fell asleep.
    That being said, Amanda was amazing in it and so different from Sam it was incredible to see.

Oooh and RepliCarterje - I'm so considering writing that Sam Atlantis fic now.

Wendy
    Hugs
    Yeah, if you don't think too much, The Void is entertaining enough. I see it as a case of AT elevating the material. If only she had had a better script to work with. And yes, it sure was fun to see her in a role so different from Sam, despite them both being scientists. I think she commented on one of the SG commentaries (edit: with James Tichenor, I believe, who also worked on The void) about being a physicist again "but with better shoes." LOL.

Posted by RepliC: Did the same thing...first time when I watched it...It really was ok...Amanda was great in it...but second time I fell asleep too lol...but then again Amanda has such a relaxing voice to fall alseep with...

She *totally* does. I once was home sick and was lucky enough to find "Proof Positive" on SciFi. I could lay there and just listen to her voice. Lucky Olivia--I bet her mom can soothe her right off to sleep. And I bet she does a great job reading stories.
    Last edited by jckfan55; 10 February 2007, 12:29 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Calling all writers of the Samanda fic

There is a discussion going on about the story that needs your input
      Like, RUN! Speak!
      scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
        While "The Void' is not the best movie out there, it's pretty solid. On the other hand, I have put "Engaged to Kill" on my worst movies I've ever seen list. None of the actors, Amanda included, stood a prayer of a chance of rising above the dreck that masquerated as a script. It still makes me shudder to remember Amanda's character's disarming the victim before turning her attention to the perpetrator.
        Yeah, Engaged to Kill was pretty horrible. But as a true AT fan I watched the whole thing just for her few scenes. Boy was she right when she described her character as "bumbling." I originally thought it was terrible that she didn't get the lead, but after seeing it, maybe it was just as well that her name won't be prominently associated with it.

Comment

Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
          There are some words she'll say that really stick out to me. For the most part though, Sam doesn't have an accent, at least to me. Same with AT. In her interviews I don't really notice an accent, but everyone else does, so is there something wrong with me?
          (Sorry I still haven't figured out mulitquoting ) To me in her interviews (and commentaries) just does a lot of playing around with her voice, semi-British accents etc, so I don't really hear her Canadian accent except on certain words.

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
            Oh yes, I'm very excited. So see Starrgazer, also. I'm meeting up with her for SUSHI tonight in a couple hours (mmmm sushiii!), should be fun.

I was thinking the other day, however, that if Amanda is in any of the "orgasm" monologues, we're probably not going to want to tell AD or Scari or Tracy, et al... lest we all drown in drool. It'd give new meaning to that "Get Off" placard Amanda was given on stage at AT2! LOL
            If she DOES do the triple orgasm scene, I wonder if she'll do a Sharon Osbourne and flash her knickers whilst she's at it?
            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane View Post
              If she DOES do the triple orgasm scene, I wonder if she'll do a Sharon Osbourne and flash her knickers whilst she's at it?
              Ok, how much is a plane ticket?
              scarimor

Comment

Ah.. quote that for me too would you Scari!

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                Ok, how much is a plane ticket?
                sigpic

Comment

sky, PLEASE tell me if we need to use spoiler tags.

untill then, spoilers for 'santuary'

Originally posted by Famantha View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  That would be great !! I'm all for flashback and Victorian dresses , and I really hope there will be some, to explain how Helen's father created the sanctuary, what happened with her engagment to JAck ( ) since she mentionned her daughter will find out who her father is, I guess she'll have some explaining to do....

Spoiler:
                  does this concept not rock!

sometimes when i've seen tv shows, i can't believe they ever thought the 'concept' could hold a tv series. 'stargate sg1' and 'santuary' are just ripe with interesting and unnumerable possibilities.

one thing i hope is they don't give all the goodies at once. 'lost' is a wonderful concept that's been hurting slightly because they're revealing their secrets too slowly (and bringing new ones at the same time). with a concept like 'santuary', this could go on for *years*.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                    I think there isn't muched know only the site of sanctuary and the GW article and then an urban rush interview on youtube that you can find here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCOytcEz4ME
                    Hope this helps you a bit
                    Thanks. I'm gonna check it out

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    Yep, Sam likes the classics--like her 1961 Volvo.
                    Yeh That car was pretty cool. So was the bike.

Originally posted by LaCroix View Post
                    I was just giving a little insight to my character. On the road there are times
                    that I have a little need for open air and the need for speed.
                    Oh my bad lol

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                      Yep, and our Queen is known to worry about her brood too ...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11.../SamPonder.jpg

"Stop with the headache, Daniel. Samandans have bigger problems.
                      Chelle's blown a tire. Mini is maudlin'. What a bummer ..."

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...SamPleased.jpg

"At least they've got Samanda!
                      Daniel, take two aspirins and call Dr. Helen in the morning."
                      Hehe...thanks ChopinGal...I feel better now...(((CG)))
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                        Passive smoking can kill you. People die from other people's smoke.
                        Yep...I'm with you scari...there's someone at work who smokes and you know when they light one up coz it floats into the laundry and chokes you...arghh!
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth View Post
                          Ah.. quote that for me too would you Scari!

I'm pricing tickets to Toronto.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                            I'm pricing tickets to Toronto.
                            Woo! WTG Strix!

I have to admit, after listening to Amanda talk about certain things at AT2, I just can't imagine her doing the triple orgasm scene and somehow I just don't think a photograph would do her justice if she did.
                            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 10 February 2007, 06:15 PM.

Comment

i dunno bout you guys, but i don't know if we need sanctuary spoiler tags for speculation.

now when we get to real episodes, then i can see using them for those that can't see it, but i don't see it for speculation

If someone feels differently, please let me know and we'll revise
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                                Woo! WTG Strix!

I have to admit, after listening to Amanda talk about certain things at AT2, I just can't imagine her doing the triple orgasm scene and somehow I just don't think a photograph would do her justice if she did.
                                hum.. may I ask what were those "certain things" ?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X