No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ho Samandans...just got a few minutes to post...even though I had to work on Australia Day, I had an absoluely fantastic day...probably partly due to starting the day with a nice hot cup of coffee and an ep of Stargate...Ascension...and then had the music up loud all day. ..ahhh...the benefits of working in a secluded room all alone...hehe...and also partly coz I got this weekend off...yay...and hopefully...fingers crossed...we're getting a dog...and maybe even a new car for me...no we haven't won the lottery...if I had I would have screamed and booked a ticket for AT3...no such luck...but we've been wanting to get a dog for a long time and we've seen one...but it's 3 hour drive to get him...as for the car...we're just toying with the idea for now...there's an opportunity to get a new one but I'm reluctant to let go of my old Saab...I'd be getting a bigger car...a 4x4...Hilux...but...I love my little car...I think the dog's a better option!!
    So...I got a question...figured you guys would have the best idea about this...what episodes did Amanda do commentary's on??
    If possible...a list would be great...sorry to be a pain in the mikta...but after lstening to the commentaries on Ascension, I'd love to hear more from her. Thanks everyone...hope you all had a great day.
    Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Darn it, I would have loved to go But I don't think a theatre would appreciate an audiece member who can't stop coughing
    **goes off to drow in cough medicine that doesn't work**
    Originally posted by minigeek View Post
    It's not for over a month! You'll be better by then!
    I doubt it, I was just starting to get over what I got at Christmas, when this one hit me...and once I get a cough, I don't get rid of it
    (((Mandy)))...it might be over a month away but when I got sick last September my doctor told me it might take a few months for the cough to go away...he was right...still got a tickle...4 months after...hope you don't have the same thing Mandy!
    Originally posted by L.A. Doyle View Post
    Oh, no! I'm not into that diet stuff! Don't give me free or light! It's just not as satisfying.
    hehe...I so know what you mean...

Good night all....take care, be safe and stay happy...hugs to you all...oh...and before I go...congrats to all milestoners...have a great weekend!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Glad to see a bit of Bad@ss!Sam return in S10.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ers/Target.jpg
      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 26 January 2007, 07:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
        I purchased the new TVZone Stargate Special Issue today. have not had time to read everything yet but here is a little spoiler for Bounty
        Spoiler:
        SNIP Mitchell returns to Kansas for his high school reunion with Vala as his date.
        Must not be petty, must not be petty - bad girl! bad girl! Feel the love. Ok I'm trying to control it

Much credit to Replicatertje and Ann Sgc_Fan for their lovely sigs

Comment

Originally posted by hastiekido View Post
          morning all.
          Just wanna thank you all for the overwelming amount of green I got for posting the caps. Thanks!

This is my all time favorite pic of Sam:

Spot on. She was so photogenic in 2010; the costumes and lighting and powerful emotional scenes allowed her to stand out.

Funny, it reminded me that when we had tea with Amanda at AT2 and were talking about favorite Sam episodes, she wondered out loud why she always forgot 2010. She said something like "I'll have to remember to mention that one ...."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
            Just a little fun with the S/V cap from TRNT

Spoiler:

Kat, good one! ROTFLOL. And ...
            Spoiler:
            didn't I just read that there may be a scene or two of female bonding in the remaining S10 eppies? Like the two of them actually going shopping?! I'm so glad they've toned Vala down and are allowing her to become less of a caricature. This is the way it should have been all along but frat-boy fantasies got in the way.

Comment

Someone mentioned not long ago about how good Amanda was looking so here's a look from 3 different time periods, side by side.

clck thumbnail for larger
              -

Comment

Ok...I'm off for real now...can't seem to stay away...at least I don't have to work tomorrow...yay!!
                Just a quick happy birthday to my hubby...whom I adore!!...and I just wanted to post a link to a vid that I just can't get enough of...it's a bit S/J shippy...oh ok...it's very shippy...but still...the music is beautiful and there are some...no...not some...lots of great Sam moments in it...IMHO...so crossing fingers this works...night night all...better go before I pass out...I think the beer and the busy days are catching up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91s0kvQRbeM
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I was playing with a converter, and made little caps from The Road Not Taken. Seriously spoilery

Batch 1:
                  Spoiler:

Last edited by scarimor; 26 January 2007, 12:53 PM.
                  scarimor

Comment

Batch 2:
                    Spoiler:

scarimor

Comment

Batch 3:
                      Spoiler:

scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                        Glad to see a bit of Bad@ss!Sam return in S10.

Spoiler:

I loved that one Kat! And I too am glad kick butt Sam is back in s10!

Comment

gotta love winter

and folks that keep their sense of humor too
                          Attached Files
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                            The play is in March, right?! That's quite a lung time away ...

If it really gets annoying, you can always wheeze in and out and hide in the restroom with your drugs ...

My daughter met Kyra Sedgwick in a public restroom ... you may be just as lucky with Amanda!
                            Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                            Now, that would be a show stopper! I can see it now. Mandy would have poor Amanda locked in the bathroom stall, while she called mini on her cell then Amanda would be bombarded by Samandans. She'd completely miss the second half of her show.
                            Well that sounds like a plan Thanks both of you for giving me the idea and so what if the rest of the audience misses the second act as long as the Samandans have a party in the ladies room
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Well that sounds like a plan Thanks both of you for giving me the idea and so what if the rest of the audience misses the second act as long as the Samandans have a party in the ladies room
                              I like this plan too, if this is what it takes to have you come with us !! the more the merrier
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal View Post
                                Spot on. She was so photogenic in 2010; the costumes and lighting and powerful emotional scenes allowed her to stand out.

Funny, it reminded me that when we had tea with Amanda at AT2 and were talking about favorite Sam episodes, she wondered out loud why she always forgot 2010. She said something like "I'll have to remember to mention that one ...."
                                Yeah, she should. 2010 is one of my absolute favorite episodes. Amanda was superb in the scene where Janet tells Sam she can't have children. I get lump in my throat every time I watch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X