i tried to green you, mandy.

CONGRATZ!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
      From this site:

Hey, this sounds good! Maybe Sam for years to come?

Do you think scifi's hiatus (scifi-hate-us) may play into the success of the MGM movies? - movies good to go a few months after the series ends!

( ghahh, I still can't use end and SG1 series in same sentence without cringing...)
      You aren't alone. My hubby can't even flip on the SciFi channel without making comments about the way they always cancel his favorite shows without reason (yes, he was a Farscaper too). It would be nice to get a movie per year if they were done right. (For me that means at least an appearance by RDA and a whole lot of Sam in command. ).
      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      here's a question, what is sam's favorite holiday movie/show?

the dvd that she breaks out and watches each year or the movie that she'll watch on tv
      She'd watch It's a Wonderful Life and White Christmas. Also, she hums "I Want a Hippopatomus for Christmas" when she doesn't think anyone is listening.
      Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
      OOobs you could have saved your breath and just said :

HIC COMITAS REGIT!
      Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
      Save breath? What...a kooky yammermouth nutball like me???

Where's the fun in that???

And being a yammermouth is how Ooober got her post count. It was an excellent post though, and we love our yammermouth.
      Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
      Wow, I can't beleive I just made post 3500 and yes it was here on Samanda
      Wow! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Comment

Sam's favorite Christmas special?

I'm going to go with Twas the Night Before Christmas.

If you haven't seen it, it's the story of Albert Mouse-who writes a letter to the town newspaper decrying Santa as a Myth. He signs it "all of us". Santa gets miffed, and sends back all the town's letters unopened.

Town children are devestated.

Joshua Trundle, the clockmaker in whose home the mouse family lives, creates a special clock which plays a lovely little song calling out to Santa on Christmas Eve.

Father Mouse takes his son Albert-who is way too smart for his own good-around town to show him how much Santa means to everyone. "Ease up a little on the wonder why, and give your heart a try."

Albert feels a bit bad about what he'd done, but is intrigued by Trundle's clock. And in checking it out, breaks it. When it doesn't work, crashing the town's hopes for apologizing to Santa, the town turns on the Trundles, and his buisness dries up.

Albert admits to his father he was wrong about Santa, and wrong to try to poke about in the clock. He decides to fix it. (At which point they sing my favorite Christmas Special song "You wait, and I'll worry. You pray, and I'll plan. We'll do what's necessary cause...even a miracle needs a hand.")

Albert admits to not knowing how clocks work, but turns to his refrence books, pulls down a volume on Copernicus, and goes off to fix the clock, thus saving Christmas.

I think Sam would relate to Albert-not necessarily the carelessly breaking the clock, or sending the letter part-but the difficulty in believing in a myth that science says can't happen; and the relief in being able to believe in it anyway. Turning to science to save the myth. And being the person who lends the miracle a hand.

Yup. I think Sam really likes Twas the Night Before Christmas.

(Me too.)
        Last edited by Deejay435; 22 December 2006, 09:29 PM.

Comment

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to post this earlier! We were rewatching 200 tonight and my daughter asked who the woman at the end was, so I explained that she was playing the actress in Wormhole Xtreme who represented Amanda/Sam. As the little "interview" progressed, my eight year old got a very concerned look on her face (after the mention of learning to play golf and having a baby). "Mom, are they making fun of Amanda?" I had to explain that while technically they were making fun of Amanda and Sam, they were also making fun of all the other people on the show and the writers, producers, and fans. She calmed down, but I have to say it was really cute. She was about to go on the defensive thinking Amanda was being mistreated. I guess she's been listening to me complain about things too much the past few years, but I have to say that I'm quite proud of my little Samandan. Night all!
          Last edited by Gate gal; 22 December 2006, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Congrats on 3500 Mandy!!

Comment

Just thought I'd say a very Happy Christmas to all of my lovely fellow Samandans on this day before Christmas Eve, not just from myself personally but also from all of the G4 and on behalf of those Gabit staff who don't drop by here often.

We've closed the Gabit office until after the New Year so we can all spend some quality time with our respective families and friends across the Holiday Season and just chill.

A thick blanket of freezing fog sits over London as I write this and has done for days now. It's spooky and eeriely quiet. It's lovely to just sit by the fire in the warm and read a book (yes occasionally I do get a chance to read, but it's rare - holidays and high days are the only time really).

Thank you, all of you, for a tremendous year. For being an inspiration to everyone, all of you. For showing what friendship is all about. What compassion and caring is all about and for demonstrating what true fandom really means to the rest of the world. I can honestly say at the end of 2006 and as we edge closer to the start of a new year, I'm proud to be a Samandan and I love you guys.

My wish for all of you for 2007 is peace, health, happiness and that you be surrounded by friendship, family and love.

Happy Christmas to every single one of you.

Julia
              G4
              xxxxx
              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Merry Christmas to every one of you! It's very foggy here, too! No snow this, year, however, just none. I hope you all have a wonderful, spent in family atmosphere, holidays. My best to all of you.

Also, the Christmas greetings for Amanda are completed. I sent the link to the presentation to her today, so when I hear back from her, I'll put a link up on the site.
                Kamil
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                  ... A thick blanket of freezing fog sits over London as I write this and has done for days now. It's spooky and eeriely quiet. It's lovely to just sit by the fire in the warm and read a book...
                  Ooh how Dickensian!

Thanks Julia, and...

merry Christmas to everyone

scarimor

Comment

Julia
                    G4
                    xxxxx
                    Same to you and all of G4 Julia, you guys made 2006 a special year for so many of us being able to meet Amanda at AT2, I know its something I'll never forget, so Thank You.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Hey guys, I haven't had the time to check by in the last couple of days/week. So i hope everyone is fine, you all had a nice Advent season.

The latest Stargate News are sounding fine and promising!

I wish everybody Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

All the best,
                      Mick.

Thank you SO much Amanda! (Icons by various great artists)

Comment

Julia, hope the London fog finally clears and everyone has a safe and warm Holiday!
                        Last edited by ChopinGal; 23 December 2006, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
                          Merry Christmas to every one of you! It's very foggy here, too! No snow this, year, however, just none. I hope you all have a wonderful, spent in family atmosphere, holidays. My best to all of you.

Also, the Christmas greetings for Amanda are completed. I sent the link to the presentation to her today, so when I hear back from her, I'll put a link up on the site.
                          Kamil
                          Thanks for all your work on Amandas' greetings! Merry Christmas to you as well!
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

Merry CHristmas to you Julia, and the rest of the G4. Yep, whomever said it, said it right. y'all made a lot of peoples' dreams come true this year, not just us seeing Amanda but also 4 folks that will now have hearing dogs.

a wonderful accomplishmen

ANd thank you as well Kamil for giving us a 'direct' line to leave messages for Amanda.

Hope folks have a safe and fun holiday adn be careful in the fog
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi Guys,

I just want to wish everyone a:

MERRY CHRISTMAS SAMANDA!!!

I wish I was as talented as Oooober and could sing to you all, but alas I'm not lol. Seriously though I hope everyone has a safe and fun time, and being sort of new to Samanda I want to say thank you for making me feel welcome to this HUGE, AMAZINGLY WONDERFUL family, Julia's(G4) right Samanda should be proud of it's self, it's a great place to be with "family".
                              Merry Christmas everyone ((((((((((Samandas)))))))))
                              Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post

Kamil
                                A thick blanket of freezing fog sits over London as I write this and has done for days now. It's spooky and eeriely quiet. It's lovely to just sit by the fire in the warm and read a book (yes occasionally I do get a chance to read, but it's rare - holidays and high days are the only time really).

My wish for all of you for 2007 is peace, health, happiness and that you be surrounded by friendship, family and love.

Julia
                                G4
                                xxxxx
                                Merry Christmas to everyone!!

I can join the fog club. We had a lot of rain Thursday and Friday got up this morning and the fog was so thick I can not see my car from the front door. I agree Julia this is a great time to read a book or two or three.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X