No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piece of Cake! I'm back! Glad to see Sun up and about here too Heal up quickly!

Surgery at 2:50....Took one hour and recovered by 4:30, sitting up drinking a full cup of ginger ale. Home by 6pm but only because my sister stopped to grab a couple things at the grocery store.
    I'm still coughing due to the tube down my throat which causes pain but ti's not too bad. I'm a bit tired but nothing like I expected. I have three bandaid size incisions below my belly button and one in my belly button.
    See all those well wishes and good lucks do help Thanks everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by starlover1990 View Post

uhm i'm for and against it

For: Because i want to see Amanda as Sam more, and because i like SG. I also watch Atlantis, so if we don't have a SG-1 anymore, and she will be on Atlantis i will be happy

Against: Because i think, the cast of Atlantis is already very good, not that Amanda wouldn't make it better. But then you are really starting with a crossover while Atlantis is now on his own. Also there is that thing with McKay i think if they are around each other the whole time, that that dissappears and i wouldn't like that. It's funny now the way it is.
      And as last i think that Amanda could now start with other projects and leave SG behind her, so far she can...and with being on Atlantis doesn't help

Hmmm....if i look now, i think i'm more against it then before, but i'm still not sure which one i prefer

i'm for and against it also.

for, because i love seeing sam (and i don't think we're through with that character by a loooooong shot), but against, because the ppl writing it are just lacking in about everyway i'd like them to be. i'm more afraid of what negative stuff they'll do against sam that what groovy stuff we'll get to see. it never used to be that way (until season 7).

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by minigeek View Post
        I understand from folks in Vancouver that she's very giving of her time and very generous about taking part in extra curricular activities that benefit not only others but the industry in general, and she does almost all of it quietly without asking for anything in return. Her attitude towards those seeking her input, participation or advice on even the smallest of projects seems to continually be supportive and upbeat. That's given her really great word of mouth which constantly makes it back here even to Toronto, and I really have to admire that. Gal's got nothing but class. If only we could clone a few more Amanda Tappings in this industry.
        my mom told me once that frank sinatra was always helping ppl out, but without wanting it spread around.

i love how amanda and rick work so much for their charities. think of all the money they both made at AT2 and Avalon. lucky recipients.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50 View Post
          Here are the full-sized pics that go with news article.

HOLY ****!

/dead

Comment

i found this amusing...

i was reading a note from my employer, and it said this -

"Whenever we unveil a Lifestyle store, we renew the loyalty of our old customers, while attracting new customers into the mix. That combination of old and new has left our competition scrambling to respond."

my response? why couldn't the ptb of stargate think this same way?

sally
            Last edited by majorsal; 21 December 2006, 07:11 PM. Reason: forgot the 'n'
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post

Surgery at 2:50....Took one hour and recovered by 4:30, sitting up drinking a full cup of ginger ale. Home by 6pm but only because my sister stopped to grab a couple things at the grocery store.
              I'm still coughing due to the tube down my throat which causes pain but ti's not too bad. I'm a bit tired but nothing like I expected. I have three bandaid size incisions below my belly button and one in my belly button.
              Wow! That's great Poz... Glad you are doing so well and you got home early.

Comment

yes, glad that both our surgical patients are home and doing well

just take care of yourselves girls. take it slow and easy
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  yes, glad that both our surgical patients are home and doing well

just take care of yourselves girls. take it slow and easy
                  Ditto what she said. Pozzy and Sunny ... great big hugs and well wishes to you both.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                  ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    hey, you guys remember this

Hello,
                    Another idea I have - this time I think it would work lovely as a
                    Christmas gift for Amanda - is a collaborative story, a fanfiction Sam
                    Carter story, that would be written for Amanda and presented to her
                    shortly before Christmas.
                    How to go about this? Well, here's how:

In early November, I introduced a script to AmandaTapping.Com called
                    Story Stream. It acts independently of the main system, so in order to
                    use it you would need to register with it separately - or simply send
                    your part to me and I will post it on your behalf.

The story I would like us to work with is called "Death Throes" and the
                    first part was written by Julia, one of the Gabit's lovely G4. From
                    there the story would go on and I would ask volunteers to add their
                    "forks" of the story, as many as possible, until December 22. So let's
                    drag it out as long as possible until we reach December 20/21 and then
                    I
                    would write the final part ("fork") of the story.

I thought this idea would be different - and don't worry, we'll also do
                    our traditional Christmas greetings for Amanda - but this would be a
                    nice extension to it, I think.

Now, just a couple of guidelines and rules for all of us participating
                    in it:

1. One part/fork cannot exceed 1000 words.
                    2. No foul language, of course, and no nc17 stuff.
                    3. The story *has to* revolve around Samantha Carter from its beginning
                    to the end.
                    4. Have fun.

You can reach the Story Stram pages at this address:
                    http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts/StoryStream/

Kamil
                    ____

well, julia did her part, then i did a chapter...and no one else

anyone have some time to work on a little round robin and see if we can put that puppy to bed?

It doesn't have to be a huge and long part, you only have about 1000 words per chapter anyway, but if a handful of us all chipped in, we just might get something done by monday.

If the story goes a little silly - like maybe teal'c runs into the jaffa equivalent of tribbles or something - it can be put to bed in a dozen chapters or so

anyone have a little time to devote to it and see if we can finish this story for amanda for christmas?
                    Whipped up about 830 words to add onto yours Sky and registered on the StoryStream site, but it's not letting me add to it dang it!!! Tried doing the fork and get "Error: This story cannot be added to at this time." Hitting 'add a scene' gives me this one :"Error: You do not have permission to see this page."

*goes back to spend another 5 minutes trying it*

I gotta get to bed soon!

ETA: sent Kamil an e-mail through AT.com to let him know about the error messages I was getting. Saved the piece in WORD and will try again or send it to him.... *sighs* I tried Sky!
                    Last edited by ShimmeringStar; 21 December 2006, 08:28 PM.
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                      Whipped up about 830 words to add onto yours Sky and registered on the StoryStream site, but it's not letting me add to it dang it!!! Tried doing the fork and get "Error: This story cannot be added to at this time." Hitting 'add a scene' gives me this one :"Error: You do not have permission to see this page."

*goes back to spend another 5 minutes trying it*

I gotta get to bed soon!

ETA: sent Kamil an e-mail through AT.com to let him know about the error messages I was getting. Saved the piece in WORD and will try again or send it to him.... *sighs* I tried Sky!
                      Kamil said something about that happening. I ithnk he needs to maunaually add it so the next chapter is ready to go. Seemed wonky to me at the time. but tech can be that way.

Suse
                      sigpic
                      Mourning Sanctuary.
                      Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Good to see that our surgery buddies are on line already! Yeah! Also, quick work getting at.com back online. Another Yeah!

Amanda did look great in those pics and it is wonderful that she is so highly respected in the Vancouver area. We know how great she is and it is nice to know that others know it too. I'm telling you she is going to stay so busy now that the Gate is ending, and we are going to see her do so many wonderful things. I can't wait!!!

Comment

It's an older photo, but I thought some of you might enjoy seeing it again.

Amanda

Comment

From this site:

The studio is targetting a fall 2007 release for both films -- just a few months after Stargate SG-1 ends its historic, 10-year run on cable television. They hope for at least one new SG-1 movie each year thereafter, a source tells GateWorld.
                            Hey, this sounds good! Maybe Sam for years to come?

Do you think scifi's hiatus (scifi-hate-us) may play into the success of the MGM movies? - movies good to go a few months after the series ends!

( ghahh, I still can't use end and SG1 series in same sentence without cringing...)
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                              LOL What nap? Thanks for the image! Haven't take it yet, but soon. Been sitting up and it's not too painful to do that. Beats moving around too much.
                              Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post

Goodness, the surgery buddies are way tougher than me! Yay, glad you are both doing well
                              Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                              Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                who's laura harris?
                                The blond opposite DH in AD's pic and one of my teevee gfs.

Laura Harris ...

• Miranda Ellis, fiance of Greg 'Sean Patrick Orlin Flannery' Stillson in The Dead Zone,
                                • Daisy Adair, the incomparable, in Dead Like Me,
                                • Marie 'Bomber' Warner in 24,
                                • Marybeth Louise Hutchinson in The Faculty opposite Clea DuVall!

Laura Harris also holds the rare distinction of playing Mother of Antichrist (The Calling, 2000) who actually tried to off said demonspawn!

I find Laura Harris extra special because not only does she play tweeky characters, she's got That Canadian Thing™ going on. Being a Vancouver native, she's crossed paths with a number of SG-1 alum; I'm surprised she hasn't been in anything with AT so far (The Outer Limits doesn't count, really).

Comment

Working...
                                X