Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
    LOL! I sat in front of scari.... there was much squeeage.... Maybe even some stomping of feet and a barely controlled "Yeesssssss!"

    ((((ScariPoppins))))))
    There was a woot from me. Although it was somewhat reserved for fearing of invoking Coley's wrath.

    My LJ

    Comment


      i think i'm one of 3 people in the whole fandom that write sam/teal'c.

      all in all, i was kinda disappointed with the rare pairings ficathon. I don't consider sam/dan, sam/jan to be rare by any extent. try finding a femslash fic that ISN"T sam/jan.

      I was hoping to find a bunch of new fic to read but there jsut really wasn't much that appealed.

      I think it worked out for some other folks, so that's a good thing.

      but i think after the mess of rare pairings, i'm gonna give ficathons a break for a while. Or only participate in ones where i know the folks putting them on.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?


      sigpic

      Comment


        Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
        Teal'c and I on a mission together. Works for me.

        (So, you gonna write it, Sky? Are ya? Are ya?) Actually we could do a Sam/Teal'c friendship ficathon with all the talented writers we've got around here. Notice how I use "we" when it would be *you* doing the writing?
        i might think on a sam/teal'c fic. I have to finish the women of stargate ficathon first.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?


        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          i might think on a sam/teal'c fic. I have to finish the women of stargate ficathon first.
          I need to finish my Sam/Teal'c fic. And start and finish my women of stargate ficathon. Yikes.

          My LJ

          Comment


            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            i might think on a sam/teal'c fic. I have to finish the women of stargate ficathon first.
            Please write the Sam/Teal'c fic. Mostly I've read friend ship for them but I did find only one good Sam/Teal'c romance. I do have a special place in my heart for Teal'c!
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

            Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!


            Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

            Comment


              Originally posted by LadyJeep View Post
              Please write the Sam/Teal'c fic. Mostly I've read friend ship for them but I did find only one good Sam/Teal'c romance. I do have a special place in my heart for Teal'c!
              i really didn't, until i started to get into his head.

              In many ways, i see STargate as very much teal'c's story. his journey from slave to master/leader
              Where in the World is George Hammond?


              sigpic

              Comment


                oh, one thing i got accomplished tonight, anyone wanna see what George and Ruby got up to on vacation??

                http://witwigh.sesaworuban.net/
                Where in the World is George Hammond?


                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                  I need to finish my Sam/Teal'c fic. And start and finish my women of stargate ficathon. Yikes.
                  I've been trying to finish mine for a while now
                  sigpic

                  my fanfic

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                    See...

                    CLEARLY what happened is this:

                    Jack shot Janet and Sam, who had been enslaved by the evil little napolenic powemonger's vast knowledge of mind-control drugs.

                    Then Jack stole Ba'als sarcaphogus, and brought Sam back to life. In the process, purging her system of Janet's drugs.

                    And then he and Sam were together, as it should be.

                    See? Easy.


                    Now I shall duck from the projectiles of Scari...
                    **nods** Yep, this is what really happened!

                    Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    i think i'm one of 3 people in the whole fandom that write sam/teal'c.

                    all in all, i was kinda disappointed with the rare pairings ficathon. I don't consider sam/dan, sam/jan to be rare by any extent. try finding a femslash fic that ISN"T sam/jan.

                    I was hoping to find a bunch of new fic to read but there jsut really wasn't much that appealed.

                    I think it worked out for some other folks, so that's a good thing.

                    but i think after the mess of rare pairings, i'm gonna give ficathons a break for a while. Or only participate in ones where i know the folks putting them on.
                    Oh, if I could get Jack away from Sam, I would attempt a Sam/Teal'c story. I love the rare and unusual pairings (Teal'c/Vala, Cameron/Cassie). I just can't write Sam ship without Jack. A little bit of Pete might make it into the story, but it'll always end up Sam/Jack now matter what. Sam/McKay isn't that hard to write! But, of course, ship is only one-sided in those plots.

                    And I don't consider Sam/Dan and Sam/Jan rare. If someone asked me what are some of the top Sam pairings, my answer would be: Sam/Jack, Sam/Dan, and Sam/Jan.

                    Comment


                      I tend to read mostly Jack and Sam pairing. I know I'm hopless! Although I do enjoy stories with Sam/other (not Pete) and Jack/other if it's really well done and ... okay ... yeah ... it does usually end with Jack/Sam.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                        LOL! I kept waiting for all the -what do they call them in the FF world - rare pairings(?) ships many of us here like or at least have an appreciation for to be mentioned as she went down the Sam/X list and kinda tilted my head over to peek up your way to see if you were going to help Amanda remember the S/T ship.

                        *grins* At some point Sky I'll have to take a stab at a Sam/Teal'c romance-ship fic since I've done the S/T friendship one. I know you've said there's little S/T fic out there which is too bad. And to write a good, believable/natural romance would be a good challenge... Hmmmmmm..... *suppresses plot bunnies*

                        Even keeping the characters in canon w/the show - there's so much good friendship material in that strong and supportive relationship just waiting to be mined and brought to the surface... *wonders* Has there ever been a Sam/Teal'c ficathon?
                        Ahhhh.... if only there were more hours in a day and we were all independently wealthy.... *then* imagine all of the fic we could all generate!

                        Mmmmm.... now there's a headline....

                        "Samandans Win PowerBall Lottery"

                        "A globally-scattered group of intrepid and creative fans of one Sam Carter, a.k.a. Amanda Tapping, pooled together recently to buy the winning $200 million Lotto ticket at a local convenience store. When asked what they planned to do with their winnings, their answers ran the gamut.... "Buy a warehouse full of blue J-ELLO." "Donate enough money for 50 Hearing Dogs for the Deaf!" "Get me some cabana boys/girls!" "Travel around the world to meet my on-line friends face-to-face." "AT3 Baby!" "Be a professional conventioneer!" and a good number said they were planning to write the next bestseller, cover art to be done by other thread members, with editing by others less inclined in the visual fields...."
                        I did raise my hand for the S/D as I did for the S/J which was the first one she mentioned, though I'm doubtful I'm the one Amanda saw since I was 8 rows back and she had the glare of the spotlight in her eyes. (Plus my arm wasn't up *really* high and I was whispering "in fanfic!" I'm pretty sure someone in one of the front rows must have raised their hand high enough for her to see.

                        I don't think she said Sam/Cam either. Now that pairing would have shot my hand way up! For while I can get with Sam/Dan in well-written fanfic, I have to agree more with Amanda about the bro/sis thing as far as what we see on the screen. But Sam/Cam... given a past pre-SGC history and a very toned-down, less loose-cannon, quiet and determined kind of Cam - *thinks for a moment* I could actually see that one on screen.

                        lol Can you imagine if Samandan did win the lottery!! And of course all those reasons for spending thier winnings are perfect... and probably a donation toward AT's new project would be included.

                        Sam/Cam what?!? Actually I have heard several people mention this pairing. So I don't think your alone in that SS

                        Comment


                          Did anyone here watch The Lost Room?

                          If so-does anyone know who the actor playing The Occupant/The Prime Object is? He looks maddeningly familiar, but I can't place him.

                          Topic: I think he's familiar because of SG1

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                            Sam: Hmm? Jack or Janet, Jack or Janet? How am I supposed to make such a difficult decision?
                            Both, you silly sausage! At the same time. *is partial to a helping of Sam & Jack with Janet on top*

                            Originally posted by Deejay435 View Post
                            See...

                            CLEARLY what happened is this:

                            Jack shot Janet and Sam, who had been enslaved by the evil little napolenic powemonger's vast knowledge of mind-control drugs.

                            Then Jack stole Ba'als sarcaphogus, and brought Sam back to life. In the process, purging her system of Janet's drugs.

                            And then he and Sam were together, as it should be.

                            See? Easy.


                            Now I shall duck from the projectiles of Scari...
                            *Takes poison-tipped arrow from quivver, nocks, draws recurve bow... shoots Deej!*

                            Originally posted by ForeverSg1 View Post
                            Actually someone did mention Sam/Janet...
                            And that someone was our beloved Tracy Jane

                            and if I recall correctly Amanda tilted her head and did one of those pondering the situation looks she gets and said something like 'Sam & Janet?' and I swear I heard Scari squee but I can't prove it. And I think Amanda even joked about there being possibilities in an AU episode.
                            lol! Yes, and then she mimed calling up Teryl on the phone to sort it

                            Originally posted by ShimmeringStar View Post
                            LOL! I sat in front of scari.... there was much squeeage.... Maybe even some stomping of feet and a barely controlled "Yeesssssss!"

                            ((((ScariPoppins))))))
                            *nods emphatically*

                            Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                            There was a woot from me. Although it was somewhat reserved for fearing of invoking Coley's wrath.
                            You and a few others, as I remember
                            Last edited by scarimor; 14 December 2006, 02:00 AM.
                            scarimor

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                              You mean there are other forums that have rodents running rampant
                              Rodents? No. Shippers? Yes. Unless there's a correlation?

                              Blue422
                              sigpic

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by GateGirl422 View Post
                                Rodents? No. Shippers? Yes. Unless there's a correlation?

                                Blue422
                                LOL

                                Julia(samcarterrules)
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X