Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbie...

Spoiler:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who went "Oh, I *wish* they had made that one!" Teal'c PI looked excellent. As did InvisiJack.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      Yeah, I agree. I actually enjoyed the special much more than the 200th episode. Maybe it's because it seemed more real and more in line to what I find humorous. I thought everyone was extremely amusing and man Ben Browder's laugh? Priceless. He has an infectious laugh like Amanda that makes me giggle everytime I hear it.
      I need to watch that! Hopefully it will be on in the uk soon.
      Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

I'd like to pop in and thank everyone for the kind birthday wishes.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
          Barbie...

Spoiler:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who went "Oh, I *wish* they had made that one!" Teal'c PI looked excellent. As did InvisiJack.
          Let me also agree...

Spoiler:

I would have loved loved to have seen an episode of Invisible!Jack.

I love that scene; everything from Sam talking to herself on the technobabble to the snores during Daniel's lecture to the invisible hand signals on the Goa'uld mother ship to Teal'c and Jack's walk 'I can see right through you, O'Neill'...and let's not forget the shower scene!

My favourite part. Of course, that might have also had something to do with the fact that it gave the original SG1 team an outing for the first time in over a year and I got all overcome by nostalgia.
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

OK, so I couldn't help myself and ended up writing a TAG to 200. It kind of demanded to be written so I had to stop working on my other stuff to do it.

It is S/J established for those who need fair warning . It's on fan fiction now at:
            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3113464/1/

I'll post on GW tomorrow when hopefully the uploader will be working again.

*shameless plug over*
            sigpic
            Women of the Gate LJ Community.
            My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500
              OK, so I couldn't help myself and ended up writing a TAG to 200. It kind of demanded to be written so I had to stop working on my other stuff to do it.

It is S/J established for those who need fair warning . It's on fan fiction now at:

*shameless plug over*
              SWEET

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                Actually if they didnt have those they'd have more time for the ep. Well a few more secs. Kinda like a Lost thing LOL
                Hmm. Actually according to IMDB.com the average Stargate episode runtime is 46mins, whereas the average Lost episode runtime is only 42 minutes long. So even with the shorter credits, the show obviously does not use that time for the episode which sort of blows the above theory out of the water. More often than not the additional time would just be used for advertising purposes which is why so many people complained about the change last season. If they were going to increase the runtime for each episode by a minute then that would been great, but that was not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  Hmm. Actually according to IMDB.com the average Stargate episode runtime is 46mins, whereas the average Lost episode runtime is only 42 minutes long. So even with the shorter credits, the show obviously does not use that time for the episode which sort of blows the above theory out of the water. More often than not the additional time would just be used for advertising purposes which is why so many people complained about the change last season. If they were going to increase the runtime for each episode by a minute then that would been great, but that was not the case.
                  Watch the eps and count the time. It doesnt even go to 42m most of the time.And that is opening and closing credits included. But yeh I noticed that lost isnt bigger, after watching the 2nd season that is no big lost lol. The X used to shorten the credits when did needed a few more secs. I wish in those eps they'd just killed them completly. I wouldnt mind a few times not having them, then I new I'd be in for a special ep.
                  I think they did that a few time for Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    i laughed. it was a lot funnier than i thought itd be. and i got many of hte jokes

i think the worst part of the whole evening????

'next week the ori return'
                    LOL!

It was better than I thought it would be. As long as I don't think of it as a "real" Stargate episode, and think of it more as a "special" it's not bad. I surprised myself by wanting
                    Spoiler:
                    a better wedding scene. but I did like the "people will think we're..." part w/ Jack and Daniel. I was sorry to see so little RDA. I wanted to see the real Hammond too, but amazingly, the puppets were kind of funny--esp. Sam coming in.
                    Last edited by jckfan55; 20 August 2006, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      I thought it was very creative, and I enjoyed most of it. The only parts I didn't like were
                      Spoiler:
                      the O.C., the actor interviews at the end and PDL's bleeped "catch phrases." I could have filled the last few minutes with something better than that.

Otherwise, entertaing.....especially the parts with Jack. LOL!!!
                      Totally agree on PDL. Once, maybe--but come on, grow up.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        As funny as I found the 200th ep, the Sci-Fi Inside 200th special had the funniest bit of the entire night.

Amanda clapping, "The men cheered, the women fainted and the children waved multi-coloured flags!" - HAHAHAHHAHA. That just totally cracked me up
                        that cracked me up too! That delivery was great! I have a feeling that was a total Amanda moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500

*shameless plug over*
                          Its funny but:
                          "And he was incredibly attractive; dark hair, blue eyes, slim but muscular physique."
                          Dark hair?Daniel?The man is almost blond LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Deejay435
                            Finally had time to sit down, collect my thoughts about 200, and write them up. Anyone who is on my LJ FL has seen this before:

Spoiler:
                            I really, really loved this episode. I laughed so hard through most of it, was deliciously thankful that I had a DVR so I could rewind scenes over and over again while I was watching it the first time. Then I re-watched almost the whole thing at it's 11:00 PM airing.

The Opening Sequence

Thank God those weren't the real Furlings! After ten years, I really hope they always leave the Furlings a mystery. But if they do reveal them, please don't let them be cute and cuddly!

Loved the rift on "No one does credit sequences anymore", mocking their own foolish lack of proper credits last season.

Loved two of Sam's lines here: "That makes us look stupid." Because how many times have I heard that complaint, especially recently? And "With all those writers, you think they could come up with something better than this." Heh! Echos of me, baby! Echos of me!

The Zombies

Daniel to Mitchell: "And where was the rest of the team while you were killing zombies?" And Mitch's really uncomfortable look. Go Daniel! You tell him!

Crisis over the Unsigned Actor

I loved how Carter had the intelligent idea of how to handle a missing leading man. "You could have the others all refer to him a lot, show telephone calls, things like that." And of course Mitchell comes up with the foolish thing that SG1 actually DID. "You could just not mention it at all."

I loved the Invisible!Jack story-The best SG1 episode that never was. Just like Jack to find the fun and humor in that situation; instead of going all megalomaniacal, take over the worldy ala Kevin Bacon.

Loved Teal'c and Jack's talk in the hallway, and Jack spying on Carter in the shower. Hee. Teal'c "You are very transparent." Go Teal'c!

Mitchell's 200th Trip

I was all set to scoff at this, knowing that there was NO WAY Mitchell'd been on 200 missions since he joined SG1 just over a year ago. Especially given that, in Heroes in season 7, the ostensible reason for Bregman's film was to chronicle the 1000th mission of ALL SG teams. How I loved Teal'c calling Mitchell on my very complaint, and Mitchell admitting he was talking about any time he stepped into the event horizon, there, back, world to world trips within a mission. (I still think 200 is an exaggeration, but it's one I can live with.)

I loved Sam's incredulous "You're keeping count?" And how they teased him about it throughout the episode.

Loved Cam's anxiety to get to the mission, Daniel's comment that he'd been so excited over helping Marty before, and Vala's cheeky "That was before his Zombie idea got shot down." You got it in one, Vala.

Siler

Hee! They admitted he's always getting hurt.

The "Homages" to Other Shows

Wizard of Oz turned out better than I had expected. I still think the original team are much better, metaphorically speaking, as representatives of the Oz characters-but I didn't hate it as much as I had anticipated.

Star Trek was adorable, I wouldn't have minded that scenario to be a little longer. Was that Brad Wright as Scottie? Hee.

Farscape was perfect-any longer would have ruined it. How funny was Marty's reaction "Okay, I admit it, you got me. I've never heard of that one.

The Thunderbirds/Puppets went a little long, I thought. I loved the General Hammond puppet, and how wrong am I that I thought the Jack puppet was kind of hot? But that bit dragged. Loved the end of it though, with the puppets strings being cut, and Walter's "I feel so stupid." Laughed my butt off there.

Teenage SG1

I guess this was commentary on studios thinking the original actors are too old for a movie. (Bah! I say to that.) I understand the joke behind this sequence, but eh. Never was one for stupid teenage dialog.

Discussion of the 1969 Mission

LOL! MAN how I laughed my butt off on that one. Cameron as Jack's hippie love-child. Sam and Daniel's allusions to Cameron getting the positions he'd gotten despite being unqualified, explaining them by saying Jack was taking an interest in his "son". I loved that way of addressing the fan's (very appropriate, imo) concerns that Cameron should NOT be in the position he's in. Loved Cam's reactions.

Blowing up the Mountain

Mitchell: "How can something work perfectly for ten years, then suddenly stop working?"
                            Sam: "I don't know."

LOL! The irony! It burns!

Plus-cool to see Cheyenne Mountain actually implode, after all those times of having the self-destruct armed.

Jack

Yay! Jack!
                            Vala: "No one will see that coming."
                            Daniel: "No, there will be spoilers."
                            Sam: "Are you kidding, it will be in the commercial."

LOL!

And have I mentioned Yay Jack?

The Wedding

I wasn't expecting any real 'ship' confirmation from this episode, so I wasn't disappointed in this bit. I thought Sam and Jack looked lovely together. I liked that it was posited as a possible ending for the movie, and was played as being actually discussed among Marty and the team, and no one seemed the least bit surprised or put off by it. Even Marty's quip about annoying the audience didn't bother me, because throughout the episode Marty was played as a bit of an idiot, who was always spouting the plans that DIDN'T work in the real series.

Other Bits I Loved

Teal'c calling Marty on how unrealistic some of his ideas were. Marty's insistence that if they admit it's not realistic, the audience will buy it.

Mitchell's insistence that they shouldn't underestimate the intelligence of their audience. You tell em Mitch! I hope the REAL ptb listen to him!

Teal'c was just FUNNY through the episode. His pitch for Teal'c PI. LOL!

Vala pitching Gilligan's Island. Hee.

Marty's continual reminder that the character of Colonel Danning was based on Jack, not Mitchell.

The Ending

Loved Jack, Sam, Daniel, and Teal'c walking through the puddle together, loved how the 'power walk' sequence was the four of them, with everyone else following behind. Loved that Walter finally got to go through the gate. Based on Atlantis spoilers,
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm guessing the party Walter and Landry were referring to was for Jack's retirement.

Oh, that wasn't the end you say?

Right. The Wormhole Extreme bit tacked on afterward. One word: B O R I N G.

A mar on an otherwise wonderful episode. God, that dragged. I thought it would NEVER end. I would so have preferred that time to be spent with the real SG1. The time wasted on WE "actors" was one of the reasons I despised Wormhole Extreme as the 100th episode. I want to celebrate 200 eps with the actual actors and characters who made those eps.

And I can so do without PDL's constant use of profanities. Really. Not necessary, and not at all funny Peter. Please, do me a favor: It's been almost two decades since you were young enough to play an adult pretending to be a high school kid. It's time to stop pretending, mkay?
                            I agree completely! It wouldn't let me green you again.

Comment

Originally posted by kes
                              Its funny but:
                              "And he was incredibly attractive; dark hair, blue eyes, slim but muscular physique."
                              Dark hair?Daniel?The man is almost blond LOL
                              Mmmm. I would have called him dark haired too. I don't see him as blond in any way, shape or form.
                              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                                Mmmm. I would have called him dark haired too. I don't see him as blond in any way, shape or form.
                                Me either.

In fact, I had a horrible time reading one of the first SG1 novels to come out because the author kept referring to Daniel as "The Blond".

<--See? Brown hair.

Comment

Working...
                                X