No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've just always pictured sam's mom as someone maternal...but not wussy. takes a strong woman to raise two kids husbandless most of the time.

i've also seen her as a bit of a bridge between the kids and their dad. she'd use 'what would your father think' as a punishment tool...then, say jacob sent themto bed without dinner, she'd sneak up the stairs with a sandwich - that' he'd probably make - , thus allowing him tokeep his hardass demeannor while still disciplining the kids
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      A Royal Samanda Proclamation

Happy Mother's Day

Sons and Daughters remember to phone home
      Or find some special playtime with your Mommy!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y11...l/cb8e7b1a.jpg

Nice, ChopinGal. Happy Mother's Day everyone. I hope everyone had a great day in one way or another.

Just a sidenote: My 7 year old daughter came up with a good episode for our team. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that Sam saved the rest of team, not once, but twice, during the episode. And best of all, when they were all home safe after Sam saved them twice during an off-world mission, they all had a tea party. Yup, a tea party.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
        Nice, ChopinGal. Happy Mother's Day everyone. I hope everyone had a great day in one way or another.

Just a sidenote: My 7 year old daughter came up with a good episode for our team. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say that Sam saved the rest of team, not once, but twice, during the episode. And best of all, when they were all home safe after Sam saved them twice during an off-world mission, they all had a tea party. Yup, a tea party.
        Well, I for one would like to see her writing over at the Bridge Studios, then we would get some good SG1 stories.
        PS I like a good tea party too
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          i've just always pictured sam's mom as someone maternal...but not wussy. takes a strong woman to raise two kids husbandless most of the time.

i've also seen her as a bit of a bridge between the kids and their dad. she'd use 'what would your father think' as a punishment tool...then, say jacob sent themto bed without dinner, she'd sneak up the stairs with a sandwich - that' he'd probably make - , thus allowing him tokeep his hardass demeannor while still disciplining the kids
          Sally Fields. Although she's a brunette. She was a great mom in Steel Magnolias. I could very easily see her as Sam's mom.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
            Sally Fields. Although she's a brunette. She was a great mom in Steel Magnolias. I could very easily see her as Sam's mom.
            I actuall thought of her too, but the brown hair and her stature changed my mind, Sam is supposed to look like her mother
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz

I can see Lindsay Wagner as Sam's mum (the bionic woman) and she's blonde too! Anyway, that just happens to be how I feel about it! What do you think?? Can't see Sally Field as Sam's mum at all.!!!!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I could see Jacob taking the 'bad cop' role but at the same time turning a blind eye when his wife softened any punishment.

Of course the trouble with Sam and Mark seeing Jacob as the stricter parent, the disciplinarian while their mother is the one who intercedes on their behalfs is that when Mom is out of the picture, Jacob isn't very sure how to cope with his kids. I could picture Mark's (I see him as older) resentment of Jacob after his mother's death being fuelled by a perception that Jacob was too strict and the gulf between them widening as a result.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

yeah. how i've always interpreted it is:

after mom's death, jacob, in his grief, fell into the comforting familiarity of the military. he didn't rule the family with emotion...that would mean that he'd have to deal iwth his own, i think he fell into rules and regs and tried to run his house like a base.

sam, i think, would retreat into study and become a bit of an introvert while mark would rebel. he'd hate the restrictions and would butt heads iwth jacob, thus increasing the rift between them

i too have always seen mark as older...and i think he basically ran away to college and cut himself off from his family

i think he maintained contact with sam...until she enlisted. then he told her to bugger off (in not so many words) and a family was split

sigpic

Comment

and the winner for season six

you realy wanna know???

you sure???

really sure????

NIGHTWALKERS

sigpic

Comment

yay for NIGHTWALKERS - boing boing boing!
                      scarimor

Comment

yeah. how i've always interpreted it is:

after mom's death, jacob, in his grief, fell into the comforting familiarity of the military. he didn't rule the family with emotion...that would mean that he'd have to deal iwth his own, i think he fell into rules and regs and tried to run his house like a base.

sam, i think, would retreat into study and become a bit of an introvert while mark would rebel. he'd hate the restrictions and would butt heads iwth jacob, thus increasing the rift between them
                        Leaving poor Sam caught in the middle. I'd say that she would have wanted to remain close to both of them; having lost her mother she would have drawn closer to the family she had left but with Mark and Jacob in opposite camps, she would have felt torn.

When she joined the Air Force, Jacob was probably delighted, even if he didn't actually show it but Mark saw it as a betrayal.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

and the winner for season six

you realy wanna know???

you sure???

really sure????

NIGHTWALKERS
                          Nightwalkers...is that a request for pictures?

Comment

scarimor

Comment

NIGHTWALKERS

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

Well, okay, ONE of 'em!

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Anyagate1
                                Nightwalkers...is that a request for pictures?

Jonas: "Sam, I thought this was supposed to be a remake of the Matrix."

Sam:" Aah, no Jonas. The Truth is elsewhere."

Teal'c: "Indeed."

Sorry, couldn't resist.
                                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Working...
                                X