Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    Dragons are not slain by female scientists, silly. Only sword wielding heroic men get that honor.
    Spoiler:
    Maybe the writers will surprise us and, instead of going with the "classic" (aka "crap" and "cliched") approach and having Cam hewoically slay the nasty, mean dragon, Sam can come up with a plan that is actually intelligent and figure out how to exploit the dragon's physical weakness - if I remember Harry Potter correctly, it's their eyes - and take him out with a minimum of physical risk to herself and her teammates.

Sam Carter, Slayer of Dragons.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by fishyone
      Thought I'd share this little bit of my WIP ship fanfic... just because it was about Sam... and it made me smile.

"...Sam, listen to me. You are incredibly smart and talented. There is so much more to you than your rank in the Air Force. You’re not just a brave soldier. You are brave, period. You’re stronger than you give yourself credit for. You’re smarter, too. Everyone who knows you admires and respects you. Most of them love you..."

Sums up this thread, huh?
      Very nice! I have a bit I'd like to share from one of my fics, if no one minds:

“You are a wonderful woman, Samantha Carter. You are an amazing combination of outer beauty and inner strength, and vice-versa. Any [person] who can’t see that is deaf, dumb, and blind.”

Comment

Originally posted by JessM
        Very nice! I have a bit I'd like to share from one of my fics, if no one minds:

“You are a wonderful woman, Samantha Carter. You are an amazing combination of outer beauty and inner strength, and vice-versa. Any [person] who can’t see that is deaf, dumb, and blind.”
        Very, very true.

What's the fic?

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
          Hi Guys,

Just browsed through Catherine Barr's galleries again and found another pic of Amanda and Alan at the Leo Awards. Amanda participated as a presenter this year:

Spoiler:

You can also find it here. It's the 7th pic from the top. (Right below is also a pic of Gary Jones and his wife.)

Oh, and a big Welcome! to everyone who recently joined our thread.
          Thank you! And thanks for the pic!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
            Glad to see another fan of the wonderfully talented Amanda Tapping here. Sometimes people have strong opinions here, but I've never seen flames on this thread. The shippers accept my anti-shippiness and I accept their delusions . See--we tease each other a bit here. I think if Daniel hadn't already been married, Sam and Daniel might have made a good pair--but I really don't like the idea of romantic relationships with any of the team. But that's just me.
            Thank you! I agree with you, and to be honest I don't like to see any ship onscreen - which is why I'm hoping that S10 will be pretty much ship-free. I ship mostly through fanfiction, music vids, things like that. I remember one of TPTB saying that there were no plans to ship anyone this season, though I suppose they could be pulling our legs (though I hope not!).

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              'allo!

first of all, welcome to the thread, and second;

i hope that ship isn't a reason for people not joining up here. yes, there are some s/j shippers here, and there are some s/t shippers and i'm sure there are some sam/cam shippers here, and some s/janet and so on. but there are also people who don't like to ship sam with anyone at all, and some people who like to ship sam with themselves (you know who you are! )

i'd just like to say that although a lot of us do ship sam with people, thats not why were here. we go to our respective ship threads for that. (mmm, sam/thor...) and while we will throw in mentions of our prefered ship in here, thats just a part of why we love sam carter. it is a part of the character to us, so its inevitable that we will discuss or mention it sometimes, but this thread is devoted to everything about the character, and about the actress who plays her.

i hope that we aren't too intimidating, and i hope that you enjoy the discussions here. and hey, if you don't like or want to discuss the current topic, whatever it may be, you can always start to talk about something about the character that you care about.

the only thing we care about here is that you're a sam fan.
              Spoiler:
              and that you occasionally bring a lamb to the thread for the bi-annual sacrifice, but don't tell the non sam fans about that!

also, i saw some of those comments that you were talking about, and i quickly left and never looked back on account of my blood pressure! (and on account of my rage ) i'm happy in my gateworldy cocoon.

i'll shut up now.
              Thanks for the welcome, stargate barbie!

I guess I was hesitant because I've been flamed and ridiculed by (mostly S/J) people in the past, either in forums or on fanfiction.net, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Everyone does seem very nice in here, and it's good that we all respect the different shipdoms and non-shipdom. I can definitely live with that.

lol...thanks for the info, I'll be sure to remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Padme18
                Welcome, I'm new to the site and the thread. Didn't thos other people realize that Sam is the brains of the SGC? Without her, they'd all be dead or worse, and earth would be enslaved to some Goa'uld.
                Hi Padme, and welcome! Those comments were quite sad and no matter what I did to counter them, I couldn't reason with those people. They were literally seething with hatred for Sam (even calling her nasty names from what I remember). *shudder*

Comment

Thank you! I agree with you, and to be honest I don't like to see any ship onscreen - which is why I'm hoping that S10 will be pretty much ship-free. I ship mostly through fanfiction, music vids, things like that. I remember one of TPTB saying that there were no plans to ship anyone this season, though I suppose they could be pulling our legs (though I hope not!).
                  are you sure that wasn't for last season? because i seem to recall something like that being said last season and it turning out to be something of a half truth.

personally i'm hoping to see sam action!sam and some leadership!sam and some teal'c. seriously, at this point i'll accept some teal'c. any teal'c, as long as they don't try to do something really stupid with him (stupid affinity with its crappy storyline!). and some good old fashioned daniel, mixed in with some well written newbies. and some science!sam. if they throw in some ship with that i'll be happy so long as it doesn't become a major plot point. and i'd rather not see any new ships for a while. ordinarily i'm not really into shipping and i just accept whatever the show wants to do with it unless its really really stupid, OTT and completely nonsensical IMO, then i loose interest in the show. but sometimes a ship will grab me, and then i am helpless. only happened with about 3 shows so far though. well, 1 and 2 halves (it made sense in my head, ok!).

btw, i'm impressed with your "dirty work" sig. it actually made me go "eeewww" once i realised the double entendre. well done. takes a lot for me to get eewy about innuendo. (and its not because of whose in it if that worrys you. its just because i'm a bit stupid and it takes me a while to figure things out sometimes) its also a really great pic of the two of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1
                    Now as for the fresh blood newbies, we are not all insane around here, just a few , and here's some proof of how sane we are when a few Samandans make a few bets and then gather around the Samandan pool

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=32142

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....ostcount=32224
                    Thanks again to everyone for their welcomes. Sorry if I sound really dim here...but I think I'm a little confused... some of the people who made bets in that first post were s/d'er's? What is the "samanddan pool"? *scratches head* I feel so out of the loop...like it's something I should know/recognize, but I got nothin'...

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX
                      Very, very true.

What's the fic?
                      It's a short first-person POV fic called Remedy. I'd ...um...post a link to it... but it's a Sam/Daniel friendship story ...so not sure if anyone would want to read it.

Comment

I guess I was hesitant because I've been flamed and ridiculed by (mostly S/J) people in the past, either in forums or on fanfiction.net, so I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Everyone does seem very nice in here, and it's good that we all respect the different shipdoms and non-shipdom. I can definitely live with that.
                        Hey Jess! I don't know about those other folks you speak of, but speaking as the fairly rabid Sam/Jack shipper that I am - WELCOME TO SAMANDA!

We often trade good natured jibes back and forth where the many love-lives of Sam Carter are concerned, but it's all in good fun around here, and respect is always paramount.

So, glad to have ya on board, hun!! And oh yes, before I forget...

SAM & JACK 4 EVAH!!!

oops, wrong photo, hang on I'll get it right, I know I got it around here someplace dammit... where the heck did I stow ooooober's pic... hmm...
                        Oh, yes!
                        Here we go!

Crap, no that's not it either.
                        #)R%(%(*% Hang on, I WILL find this thing...

D'oh!
                        Hmm....

Ah, Oui!!

Knew I could find it!
                        I really need to organize my picture folder better...

Hugs,
                        geeeeeeeek ( ! )

(...just back from the 4 day long weekend
                        fishing trip from hell! Brrrrrrrr!
                        Why do I let people drag me out
                        to these things?!?!
                        Happy VICTORIA DAY, eh?! )

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                        ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

It's a short first-person POV fic called Remedy. I'd ...um...post a link to it... but it's a Sam/Daniel friendship story ...so not sure if anyone would want to read it.
                          I'd like to read it.

Comment

Hi Mandy and thank you for the welcome. You all seem like a great group of people, so I think I will enjoy it here.

Hope you don't mind me asking... this AT Angel's group... are they just a group of people who informally call themselves this, or do they have a website somewhere (or even a thread here)?
                            No we don't mind you asking If it seems like we are ignoring the question, don't worry we aren't. I myself don't have an answer for you Just be patient, hopefully the answer will come
                            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
                              are you sure that wasn't for last season? because i seem to recall something like that being said last season and it turning out to be something of a half truth.

personally i'm hoping to see sam action!sam and some leadership!sam and some teal'c. seriously, at this point i'll accept some teal'c. any teal'c, as long as they don't try to do something really stupid with him (stupid affinity with its crappy storyline!). and some good old fashioned daniel, mixed in with some well written newbies. and some science!sam. if they throw in some ship with that i'll be happy so long as it doesn't become a major plot point. and i'd rather not see any new ships for a while. ordinarily i'm not really into shipping and i just accept whatever the show wants to do with it unless its really really stupid, OTT and completely nonsensical IMO, then i loose interest in the show. but sometimes a ship will grab me, and then i am helpless. only happened with about 3 shows so far though. well, 1 and 2 halves (it made sense in my head, ok!).
                              I think I would also like to see more Teal'c... he has frequently been shoved to the background... and some old-fashioned Daniel as well (his attitude kind of bugged me in some of S9). Science!Sam and Leadership!Sam would be great too.

btw, i'm impressed with your "dirty work" sig. it actually made me go "eeewww" once i realised the double entendre. well done. takes a lot for me to get eewy about innuendo. (and its not because of whose in it if that worrys you. its just because i'm a bit stupid and it takes me a while to figure things out sometimes) its also a really great pic of the two of them.
                              lol...thanks. Actually I didn't originally plan on the double entendre...I was just going to have the "doing the dirty work." Then a friend suggested that...so... yeah, I thought it might be a bit much... but thanks, I'm glad you like it.

Comment

lol...thanks for the info, I'll be sure to remember that.
                                unfortunately there are a minority of any group of fandom that will give that group a bad name. i do remember a time when there was bad blood on both sides of the s/j, s/d divide, but i can tell you that you only saw the bad side of shippers. i've seen it too from various sides.

even now with that whole "sam hating" area that were mentioned earlier i believe (hopefully anyway!) that its just a vocal minority, and i just steer clear of it now. i'm sure there are some vala fans out there who think that all sam fans are just vala haters because they're sam fans. its an unfortunate mislabling. a lot of us are actually fans of vala too, or could be given time. personally i like her, but i'm cautious about it.

anyway, as far as i'm concerned who you ship or don't ship is irrellevant here because its not a ship discussion/appreciation thread, and if you were flamed here (which you won't be) for liking sam and/or her relationship with another character that would very much go against the point of the thread.

i'm rambling again. um... i don't have a copy of that sam/daniel pic from sacrifices but how bout we find a copy and we caption it!?!

Comment

Working...
                                X